Moving in 4 months, nervous about school/friends/moving

Loopieloo

I'm moving in 4 months, and will be 16. I'm really nervous about starting a new school, and meeting friends. I don't even know what year I would be in. This is probably what most teenagers say before they move, but I really would want to talk to someone about it all. We aren't to sure on where we are moving yet, but probably be near the central coast, but that isn't definet. So if anyone around my age is willing to talk, I would appreciate it! Cheers :)

Guest The Pom Queen

Sorry Loopieloo I am not your age, wish I was, it is hard making the move but it is a great way of life over here (so my kids keep telling me). You will easily make friends, depending on your month of birth you should be in Yr 10 or 11. If it's possible you are best going in to Yr 10 then you can start Yr 11 from the begining and get to choose your electives.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Thankyou! Yeah Im still not too sure on schools, but I guess I will get used to it more when I'm out there! Thanks for the infomation! Very useful!

Hi Laura,

Where did you move too? I'm moving over in July next year with my brother..I'm 16 and he'll be nearly 15?

We are moving to Ipswich near Brisbane.

I'm going into year 10, hows school been please?

Thanks Emily

• 1 month later...

Hi, we have moved to Bateau Bay, and we are a five minute walk to the beach. Its a beautiful place and everyone seems pretty friendly. I haven't started school yet, because we arrived here a couple months ago and the schools have just broken up for summer holidays and start a new year in January. We have looked around the schools and enrolled me and my two sisters in schools. The schools seem nice, but extremely different from british schools. I'm starting year 11 in January, got my uniform and my timetable. It's my first year of my HSCs. I dont know what to expect. Ive chosen six subjects to do for my hscs and a qualification (certificate 2, the equivalent of an A level) in entertainment. English was the only compulsory subject for me, but it may be different at your school! Since being here I haven't really met anyone yet, like no one my age. But my parents reassure me that I will make friends when I start school...so hopefully! ahah! I hope the move for you and your family goes well. If you need any help then just message me:) Speak soon! Laura:)

Thanks for the information, it was really helpful. Im not going into year 10(im now going into year 11 which is the year I should be in) as I didnt want to get held back a year. If you don't mind would you add me on facebook as this is my mums account and therefore it's hard for me to access, my facebook name is Emily Woodhouse. Thanks again xx

Edited by samdom1

Thanks for the information, it was really helpful. Im not going into year 10(im now going into year 11 which is the year I should be in) as I didnt want to get held back a year. If you don't mind would you add me on facebook as this is my mums account and therefore it's hard for me to access, my facebook name is Emily Woodhouse. Thanks again xx

You might want to rethink your year level unfortunately - it is far better to do the full two year 11/12 course. If you miss half of year 11 you could find yourself in a bit of a pickle if you want to go to uni (and most kids do). Its like hoping to get a good A level score but missing half of the teaching! You will be older than the other kids in your year but you wouldnt be disadvantaged by poor scores.

Good luck