What to take? Decisions

Matty91

Hi

i haven't posted much on this site but I do check on here a lot to get loads of advice, but I am now in need of a bit if help if you wouldn't mind helping me out :)

i am not sure what I should take with me as in I am taking my iPhone with me, but then I am in two minds to take with me to Australia for my whv my iPad or my MacBook?

i will be hoping to stay for a second year and hopefully stay on after that so I would get my use out if taken them for many reasons but just wondering what you yourselves have taking or are going to take? Just worried about security of the items like keeping the, secure etc

Thanks

Mat

Hi Matty, im going on a whv in 3 weeks time , I'm taking my iPhone but leaving my iPad at home so I can face time my mum , I don't want to be weighed down by gadgets , however if you think ud get the use out if it , check your insurance will cover it. If it dosnt I wouldn't risk it ! Have a great trip !

I took an Iphone with me last year and I wasnt alone- most ppl will have some sort of gadget with them be it a laptop, phone or tablet. Its useful for banking etc so you know only you will have access to it rather than using a free pc at the travel agents.

I'm going on a whv in 3 weeks and will be taking my phone and a mini laptop.

I'll be taking my iPhone and iPad mini. I dont go out without my phone and the tablet is small enough to carry if I have safety concerns. If I were to leave one behind it would be the phone and take a cheapy one but something to search for jobs, online bank, book hostels etc we think is well worth while!

take your laptop, you'll miss it if you don't have it. Loads of places have free wifi and if you're planning to apply for jobs it's so much easier with a proper keyboard (imo). Security was never a huge issue for me, obviously don't be blasé about it but just about everyone in hostels has gadgets so it's not like you'll be flashy. If you're concerned check that the places you stay have lockers and buy a decent quality padlock.

Just taking my iphone.

Hate it when you're in a hostel and everyone in the common room is looking at their laptopscreens/phones.

So i'll try to not really use it, when not necessary

Then you'll hate just about most hostels then! :D

Then you'll hate just about most hostels then! :D

I just think it's such a pity when you're in a room full of people from all parts of the world with loads of interesting stories and everyone is still just emailing home. Talking about the same old same old. And Australia is probably full of hostels with these kind of people and i think it's a shame.

I just think it's such a pity when you're in a room full of people from all parts of the world with loads of interesting stories and everyone is still just emailing home. Talking about the same old same old. And Australia is probably full of hostels with these kind of people and i think it's a shame.

To be fair when you are in a hostel long term you get a bit sick of telling the "new" people the same old story, you end up forming a group of the longer term people which you become good friends with and generally don't just have the usual, "where are you from" "what are you doing" "where have you been" "are you doing farm work" "blah blah blah"

You get a bit fed up of it really.

I'm taking a tablet and iPhone, bought the tablet specially as thought to get a sim for Internet on it would be beneficial when traveling for job hunting etc so I dont have to keep buying Internet or looking for McDonald to use their free wifi. Least with a tablet and Internet sim you won't have to rely on others you have it anytime.

Archived