Anyone done IELTS recently?

Kezzles

Hey all I've just done the tests!!! Reading was very easy writing was same dondanells! I thought that was ok went on about job security careers etc. listening I got caught out with about 3 questions do had to guess, damn! Speaking now I wish I'd taken my water in mmy mouth was soooooo dry lol! Got asked about historical event I talked about royal wedding with will and Kate only last year but it's history ha ha! Got asked loads of history questions I just bluffed my way through! Got asked about shopping my favourite subject ha ha! Also about patients and whether I am or not etc.. It was actually quite funny!!

Having pimms now glad it's over..,,for now! Thanks all for support and advice

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all I've just done the tests!!! Reading was very easy writing was same dondanells! I thought that was ok went on about job security careers etc. listening I got caught out with about 3 questions do had to guess, damn! Speaking now I wish I'd taken my water in mmy mouth was soooooo dry lol! Got asked about historical event I talked about royal wedding with will and Kate only last year but it's history ha ha! Got asked loads of history questions I just bluffed my way through! Got asked about shopping my favourite subject ha ha! Also about patients and whether I am or not etc.. It was actually quite funny!!

Having pimms now glad it's over..,,for now! Thanks all for support and advice í ½í¸„í ½í¸„

I had to talk about cargo ships and sea fishing!!! I bored myself to tears !!

Having pimms now glad it's over..,,for now! Thanks all for support and advice

I wish I had thought of that!

I also got stuck on about 3 of the listening questions, something about a health centre and then business and communications but not too worried! The reading, I think (hope) all of them but my stealthy raid of the office stationary cupboard was in vain as we weren't allowed highlighters and just used my pencil to underline where I had found answers.

The people in the running the test looked extremely disappointed with life, the guy next too me tried to finish off after they had said time was up and the women went on as if he was trying to murder someone!

Anyway all the best kezzles! keep us posted with the results.

I wish I had thought of that!

I also got stuck on about 3 of the listening questions, something about a health centre and then business and communications but not too worried! The reading, I think (hope) all of them but my stealthy raid of the office stationary cupboard was in vain as we weren't allowed highlighters and just used my pencil to underline where I had found answers.

The people in the running the test looked extremely disappointed with life, the guy next too me tried to finish off after they had said time was up and the women went on as if he was trying to murder someone!

Anyway all the best kezzles! keep us posted with the results.

you too I'm sure you will be fine! My test guy in the main tests was my speak examiner too! Strange they don't allow highlighters eh!

Anyway it's all done now ill let you know my results on the 9 August! Good luck!!

The speaking lasted 22 minutes.

I don't think mine lasted that long a couple of weeks ago. :)) Hence the appalling 6.5 for my speaking.

No matter, I will chat up every girl in Perth, show them who's the man! (and that I can talk when I want to) :))

I had to talk about cargo ships and sea fishing!!! I bored myself to tears !!

Jeezusss! Boredom is one thing - but do you have any knowledge about this topic?

Edited by Levi

Jeez uses! Boredom is one thing - but do you have any knowledge about this topic?

Nope! None whatsoever!

I actually started laughing when I finished because I just babbled on!!

Ha ha I found whole thing hilarious, think examiner felt like a weirdo asking me questions for sake of it! Why native speakers have to do this test is beyond me!

The test was ok, except for the speaking. I am not a native speaker, and I think I blew it. The final questions were about politics, and countries relationships; I was not sure what to say, so I got stuck.

That sounds tough for any speaker! Best of luck!

My writing, reading and listening were yesterday, sounds like we had same paper as my writing was same too, it seemed to go ok but thinking back about a couple of things I wrote I want to kick myself!

My speaking part is on Tuesday and I'm a bit panicked as if I get cargo ships, sea fishing or politics I'm screwed!!!

Fingers crossed for you all! Xx

My writing, reading and listening were yesterday, sounds like we had same paper as my writing was same too, it seemed to go ok but thinking back about a couple of things I wrote I want to kick myself!

My speaking part is on Tuesday and I'm a bit panicked as if I get cargo ships, sea fishing or politics I'm screwed!!!

Fingers crossed for you all! Xx

Seriously don't worry speaking bit was fine just keep it simple if you don't know subject then just say so but I'm sure you will draw something from depths of your memory! I got asked who bought my clothes when I was a kid, I almost burst out laughing!! Stupid questions most are really easy just a couple thrown in for your opinion . I got asked why is history important for our country... That's about as hard as it got.

Let me know how you get on, good luck!

The speaking is tough if they ask you questions you are not familiar with. When she asked me to talk about an advert I had seen which made you go and buy the product, this ad (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JTsFzk0x0A) was all I could think of as I had seen it on Friday. The lady was in stitches but thinking about it now, I should have bluffed and said I had bought a big mac!

I thought i had completely blown my reading as the main subject was to talk about an interesting speech I has been to! Who goes to speeches and how many are interesting?! The only speech I had been to recently was one on pensions for work and that was definitely not interesting!! But I babbled on for 2 minutes somehow over the fascinating topic of auto enrolment!

I was completely gobsmacked that I got a 9, four 9s! It was a lot harder than I thought to be honest. I did do practice for the reading and listening and I think that's a must just to understand how the tests are structured. But I was happy overall, easier than damn accounting exams and more interesting! :-)

The speaking is tough if they ask you questions you are not familiar with. When she asked me to talk about an advert I had seen which made you go and buy the product, this ad (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JTsFzk0x0A) was all I could think of as I had seen it on Friday. The lady was in stitches but thinking about it now, I should have bluffed and said I had bought a big mac!
H

a

ha ha ha ha how did you describe that ha ha!!

Thanks, we'll know in 2 weeks. I need 7, I hope the last questions were for 8 or 9. I wonder if it wouldn't have been better to have said i am not familiar with the subject and go for the next question :)

People can say they are not familiar with the subject and pick another one ?? I didn't know we could do that. Where on the IELTS site is this written?

H

a

ha ha ha ha how did you describe that ha ha!!

I'm not gonna lie, it got a bit awkward in there. Especially when my hand started going! Luckily she cut me short after about a minute but she defo saw the funny side!

I have emailed them asking for a copy of the recording "for my own development". I just wanna hear how bad it was!

I'm not gonna lie, it got a bit awkward in there. Especially when my hand started going! Luckily she cut me short after about a minute but she defo saw the funny side!

I have emailed them asking for a copy of the recording "for my own development". I just wanna hear how bad it was!

Cringe!!!!! Lol

Hi guys,

I took my IELTS (GT) test on 27th July, 2013. I got confused in the listening section with two questions. The four sections were:

Section 1 - gym membership options

Section 2 - Park (with a map of facilities)

Section 3 - Student Learning Centre (what is offered)

Section 4 - Research about dolphins in Australia

I got confused with question 17 (was about location of the garden or something like that) and question 30 (was about what will students work on during the Summer school).

Also this is my second attempt at IELTS with previous score as L 8.5, R 8.0, W 7.5 and S 6.5.

Hi guys,

I took my IELTS (GT) test on 27th July, 2013. I got confused in the listening section with two questions. The four sections were:

I got confused with question 17 (was about location of the garden or something like that) and question 30 (was about what will students work on during the Summer school).

Also this is my second attempt at IELTS with previous score as L 8.5, R 8.0, W 7.5 and S 6.5.

Hey ,

I also got confused with one of the dolphin questions plus what classes the gym offers (lost concentration) I put all sorts hahah!! PLus I said the beauty saon offers massages??? does it???

I really think my listening will let me down which is a shame as I think I have done well on all of the ohter exams... i only need 7's so I am hoping even if I get 4 wrong I can still get a 7..??

Hey ,

I also got confused with one of the dolphin questions plus what classes the gym offers (lost concentration) I put all sorts hahah!! PLus I said the beauty saon offers massages??? does it???

I really think my listening will let me down which is a shame as I think I have done well on all of the ohter exams... i only need 7's so I am hoping even if I get 4 wrong I can still get a 7..??

The same happened with me, i.e. I lost concentration. Yes the right answer was massages as far as I can recall. Do you remember answers to 17 and 30 by any chance?

I also need 7 each and speaking is the only reason I'm doing the test again as I didn't know about remark etc until it was too late. The last time I gave IELTS, I didn't do any research or practice and this time I have only practiced the speaking section a little. But I am still confused as to why I was awarded 6.5 in speaking the last time. Let's see what happens this time. I have the speaking test on 2nd August.

And yes you can get more than 7 with 36 correct answers.

I have emailed them asking for a copy of the recording "for my own development".

Again, can people do that? I'd love to ask for the recording, because I'm having my speaking module remarked.

Hi guys,

Hi Ascended Alteran I did the test on saturday in Dublin. IIRC the garden was at the site of an old volcano and the students could go to Summer school to do study skills. That's what I put anyway could be wrong but I think I was correct!!!!!!!

Carmel