Think this is hot....wait fir the future.

Perthbum

The Gulf Stream is heading north and staying there due to global warming, this means summers like this will be the norm but hotter :eek:..I really do not want it hotter than 30c as it is just so uncomfortable...

Tom Heap, the Countryfile presenter, said the Government’s own research suggests that in 50 years time “there is a pretty good chance” Britain will look like the semi-tropical island off Africa.

Broadcasting from the popular holiday destination for Costing the Earth on Radio 4, he suggested that British farmers will be able to grow papaya and prickly pear within decades.

Hotter summers 'may kill 5,900 every year', warns first national risk assessment of climate change

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2093297/Hotter-summers-kill-5-900-year-warns-national-risk-assessment-climate-change.html#ixzz2YuSjWrk2

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Ptp113
O PB my little bundle of Saturday morning cheer 50jkmv.gif

Where would I be without you eh? xefk48.gif

syqog3.gifsyqog3.gifsyqog3.gifsyqog3.gif

Best post from you yet. It will be hard to top

Guest scrumpy

It dose seem to be getting extreme with no rhyme or reason to whats comeing next, but variety is the spice of life and all that

It works in cycles. This is what summers used to be like. It was only last month it was on the news and in papers that the next 10-15 years will be wet and cold.Then hay ho its dry and hot. . They cant predict what is going to happen next week let alone in 50 years. sounds like a bunch of uni twits spouting nonsense. global warming.... global boring.... i know let keep taking about global warming and tax every bugger for it. . . it all works in cycles. . FACT

I'd be having a word with your paperboy about the tardy service you've evidently receiving, given that your copy of the Daily Mail appears to be from 18 months ago. Something a little more up to date perchance?

LMAO,

but Credit where Credit is due ,he did get the right country! ll

Cal x

the gulf stream is heading north and staying there due to global warming, this means summers like this will be the norm but hotter :eek:..i really do not want it hotter than 30c as it is just so uncomfortable...

Tom heap, the countryfile presenter, said the government’s own research suggests that in 50 years time “there is a pretty good chance” britain will look like the semi-tropical island off africa.

Broadcasting from the popular holiday destination for costing the earth on radio 4, he suggested that british farmers will be able to grow papaya and prickly pear within decades.

Hotter summers 'may kill 5,900 every year', warns first national risk assessment of climate change

read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2093297/hotter-summers-kill-5-900-year-warns-national-risk-assessment-climate-change.html#ixzz2yusjwrk2

follow us: @mailonline on twitter | dailymail on facebook

:sleep:

I'd be having a word with your paperboy about the tardy service you've evidently receiving, given that your copy of the Daily Mail appears to be from 18 months ago. Something a little more up to date perchance?

:biglaugh: see i'm so used to pb's links that i never bothered to click....same **** different day!

18'months in the earths timeline is a wisp.

If the poms learnt to turn off their heaters during summer, this would not be the case.

Or it wouldn't be the case in the future; or last year; or is the future now this year??? :err::biglaugh:

If anything, the Gulf stream has weakened allowing low pressure systems to track further south over the last 5-10 years in the UK, leading to more unsettled and cooler summers. Still, i guess a week's warm weather and everyone in the UK is fantasising about growing olives and lemon trees in their back gardens again just like they were in the 90s. Dreamers... Some of us are actually living that dream for real,down under! :-)

Guest The Ropey HOFF
It works in cycles. This is what summers used to be like. It was only last month it was on the news and in papers that the next 10-15 years will be wet and cold.Then hay ho its dry and hot. . They cant predict what is going to happen next week let alone in 50 years. sounds like a bunch of uni twits spouting nonsense. global warming.... global boring.... i know let keep taking about global warming and tax every bugger for it. . . it all works in cycles. . FACT

They haven't got a clue what the future UK weather will be like, we do however know we haven't had a proper summer since 1976 and the last time we had a period of similar weather to this, was in 2006 which is 7 years ago, FFS.

Any improvement is really welcome, but is it likely, I would say on past evidence ........ No.

Thats not what i saw on tv, i saw something on the news saying cooler summers might be the norm. I dont know why tho, all that kind of stuff confuses me! I usually just open the curtains to see what its like rather than check the forecast for the week ahead lol unless i have something planned and need to know

If anything, the Gulf stream has weakened allowing low pressure systems to track further south over the last 5-10 years in the UK, leading to more unsettled and cooler summers. Still, i guess a week's warm weather and everyone in the UK is fantasising about growing olives and lemon trees in their back gardens again just like they were in the 90s. Dreamers... Some of us are actually living that dream for real,down under! :-)

Thats basically what the news said, that unsettled weather in summer might be more of the norm

Thats not what i saw on tv, i saw something on the news saying cooler summers might be the norm. I dont know why tho, all that kind of stuff confuses me! I usually just open the curtains to see what its like rather than check the forecast for the week ahead lol unless i have something planned and need to know

Are you expecting to see the glaciers making their way back down the lochs?

Archived