Best/Worst flights?

Tulip

What has been your best and worst flight?

Think my best would be my flight back from Aus a couple of years ago, flew with Qantas and they looked after me so well. Every question I had was answered, the entertainment was superb, food was great, and even the domestic flight was perfect with a complimentary juice bottle and flapjack.

Worst flight would be Ryanair. Went to Italy a few years ago and not only was the flight delayed but the plane was horrible, and when we took off all this white smoke came into the cabin! Petrified my mum and I, afterwards the crew said it was just condensation but it would have been useful to know beforehand.

Think my fave part of a flight is take off. We're with Emirates this time and I'm looking forward to it. I rather like turbulence too.

Nicest flight was 18mths ago when I went back to Adelaide from London.Flew with Cathay Pacific and slept most of the way!lol Worse flight was with Air India last November.Flying from London to Mumbai.Very limited entertainment.A few of the native Indians got p***** and the hostess yelled at one to sit down (he was demanding another drink!lol)The service was pretty bad actually.One hostess offered to refill my cup of water and then proceeded to pour half of it on my lap.Did'nt even apologise!:mad:Meals were ok though!And no I really don't like turbulence!:no:

coming back from Australia last time on emeraties my favourite route with stops in Singapore and dubai breaks the trip into three pretty even chunks. plane lands in singapore and a stewardess comes to our seats totally put of the blue and says how would u like to sit in business class..... we were then given a business class ticket from dubai Birmingham as well... reasons unknown we had taken three emeraties flights that year... but what a difference a flat bed makes to that flight

Guest chris955

Best flight would be either Singapore Airlines or Emirates Australia to England and Virgin Atlantic to Florida. The worst is easy, Aeroflot many years, an absolute nightmare.

Best flight was Jetstar Singapore to Darwin. Middle of the night flight so most were asleep. Cabin crew entertained my 4 yr old behind their curtain plus gave her free snacks. Had to laugh when the captain introduced himself to my daughter, she said "oh my god! Who's flying the plane?".

Worst flight was Ryanair Venice to Heathrow. Terrible flight & actually feared for my life. Landing was very bumpy; Captain said "whoops" over intercom afterwards.

• 2 weeks later...

Worst flight: 4 years ago. Flying from Riga to Tallinn with Air Baltic. I was waiting for my flight on the lobby, looking outside some planes when suddenly 6-7 firetrucks rushed to one plane and started watering it's engine. Then i noticed some smoke coming from the engine. I was thinking" thank god, it's not my plane,hehehe". After 20 minutes passengers were told that our flight is delayed because of technical fault...yes, smoking plane was my plane and in 1,5h i had to step on it and fly to Tallinn. I just tried to sleep and not think of the engine that was just smoking 2h ago.

All the other flight have been good.

Worst flights....easy:

Tajikistan Airways, trying to get home for Xmas from Kazak oilfields, got last minute leave permitted but by that time all the "western" charters were full so had to hitch a ride on the flight they used for the Turkish workforce. Plane was an absolute shed, some ancient Tupolev, the worst I've ever seen (worse even than the planes operated by the later banned Atyrau Airways and the crates operated by Libyan Arab Airways after 15+ years of embargo had affected spares availability.....). Was supposed to be flying to Ankara, snowstorms there meant it got diverted to Istanbul, they tried to land twice and pulled up, eventually got it down......then told us we'd be sitting on the tarmac at Istanbul for a few hours until Ankara re-opened. During the wait some of the workers managed to get out of the flight crew that the reason for the "fly bys" was a problem with the undercarriage, something wrong with the nose wheel meant the pilot wasn't happy unless he was coming down with the plane at the right angle. Whereupon everyone tried to insist on leaving the plane and try their luck getting a flight out of Istanbul, near riot on board and eventually (took about 6 hours of a Mexican stand-off with everything going off in Turkish around us) the authorities relented and let us off, so we pile out into Istanbul airport at about 11pm.

Nothing doing for the next day, so had to spend a day and a half hanging about (I like Istanbul, so no real drama there) waiting for a flight, eventually got home via Amsterdam about 3 days after leaving work. On Xmas day. Had to leave again 2 days later to go back to work

My worst flight was many years ago with Qantas- lightening strike, very bumpy. When we arrived in Australia the whole plane just cheered.Another bad one was in China in the old days ( late 1980s- they didn't bother shutting the overhead lockers and the passengers were spitting and hawking into their sickbags all the way. plus there was lifestock ( chooks) on board, yes, on board. They have changed now, I'm glad to say. Best probably Singapore Airlines- very attentive and food is pretty good, lots of films, games etc.

My worst one was going to bulgaria on balkan airlines. The plane was a absolute riot, people smoking up the back of it. Plane was dirty and just didnt look safe. If i remember correctly it was really turbulent aswell.

Funny how ryanair keeps popping up in the bad story section lol. My friends mum was supposed to be flying with them yesterday. Shes been saying on facebook that they were delayed yesterday for hours and then they made them go onto the plane early so they didnt have to give them food vouchers. Apparently they sat for a few hours and then were told it was cancelled and were sent home!

My best flight was probably thomas cook to Florida. I was quite worried about it because the longest flight i had been on was 4 hours. Flight was good, food was fine and so was entertainment. I remember watching the pink panther and i kept laughing quite loudly and getting funny looks off people lol. Also had this little screen thing that showed you where you were flying over, quite liked that

Not sure which one to mention as worst, had several bad experiences as a stewardess in the 60's.

Flew for British Eagle, and one of our aircraft went down with several friends on board. Had to fly the same day and calm down one fairly new stewardess, who said she would cope as long as it wasn't a particular aircraft, which she had bad vibes about. Of course it was that aircraft, but we flew safely there and back.

flew later in Africa, bird strike on take off from Ndola, but captain insisted on flying on to Nairobi, bit worrying to say the least!!

had 3 large explosions + flames shooting out from engine another time just after take off, but still here to tell the tales!!

best fight? Every flight that lands safely, irrespective of airline.

safe flying everyone.

Worst flight was probably an Easyjet flight from Edinburgh to Gatwick when my son was just turned two. He had a tantrum and delayed the take off. I actually thought we were going to be removed for 'toddler rage'.

Followed closely in embarrassment factor by another Easyjet flight from Gatwick to Edinburgh when we almost missed it and take off was delayed as they were looking for our bags to remove.

Worst flying experience though was Emirates to Dubai, my OH was detained for several hours under suspicion of carrying drugs. Very, very scary and I was simply left with a 6 year old in arrivals with no information. Everything I have learnt since means I would never ever fly with Emirates again.

Lots of good flights, most memorable is BA from San Francisco after a BA flight had just been called off, there was about a dozen people in the whole of economy, more or less a steward each and a row of seats each to sleep on.

A little anxious about our next flight, Air Asia to KL (ok with that leg) then Sri Lankan Airlines to Heathrow. Very, very mixed reviews on-line, it'll be the luck of the draw which aircraft we get.

Archived