Frustration and the waiting game......

tinaisrar

Just wanted to see what others think......

I am in early stages of emigrating to Oz, but oh my i have no patience lol.

Finding things straight forward as in the process of applying etc BUT.....im already fed up of waiting, once i have made my mind up to do something i usually go and do it.

Now i feel my life is on hold as everything i do now in UK there's no point as hopefully within next 10 months im not going to be here. So no shopping for home luxuries, saving every penny no planning of anything only to the point of flying out obviously. Thoughts of what my new life could be like daily.....

I want to start my new life, find new home (enjoy all the shopping for it to), new friends, new job, settle down, enjoy what Oz has to offer. Time just cant pass quick enough hehe.

How did you guys find it prior or finding it now if you are still waiting.

What did you find difficult and any tips for getting through the 9- 10 months

​xx

Patience is a virtue you may need to develop, I know from experience as I want everything done yesterday as well!!!

You're right in the fact that there's a bit of waiting around, especially in the early days with skills assessments, IELTS (although this can be broken up by practicing) waiting for your SS/EOI to go through and generally sitting looking at the pile of documents you've amassed in preparation.

But I found once my SS and EOI had been accepted then the whole process moved up about 5 gears! My CO was really helpful, sorting the police checks/meds and uploading all the documents seemed to make time fly as stuff was actually happening.

Good luck with your journey, try a bit of yoga!!!!

I'm currently waiting, but have wanted to do this for a couple of years now, so it has been a long wait and yes, not buying anything for a home, etc. has been difficult. Now we leave in a month and I am so glad I didn't buy anything or make commitments here as hubby suggested we leave two months early and I was in the happy position to say yes let's go for it! So just BE PATIENT! It is nothing in the long run and you will have to wait anyway so just enjoy it!

We started thinking about it in the February, lodged application by May, visa by December and moved in July. We just got on with life in meantime, no we wouldn't have made any major purchases like a new car, but otherwise life went on as normal.

Patience is a virtue you may need to develop, I know from experience as I want everything done yesterday as well!!!

You're right in the fact that there's a bit of waiting around, especially in the early days with skills assessments, IELTS (although this can be broken up by practicing) waiting for your SS/EOI to go through and generally sitting looking at the pile of documents you've amassed in preparation.

But I found once my SS and EOI had been accepted then the whole process moved up about 5 gears! My CO was really helpful, sorting the police checks/meds and uploading all the documents seemed to make time fly as stuff was actually happening.

​Yes i think the next 4 months are just going to be collating info and waiting.......but.........yoga actually been thinking of trying that lol thx x

I completely agree with gbuss.

Take a look at my signature and everything has really moved for me in the last 2 weeks, before this it was wait wait and more wait. UK life wasn't on hold per say but I understand what you mean about wanting to move on quickly and start a different life. It's like you can't commit to anything because ' there just isn't any point' !

Patience !

When it comes to actually moving you will have an amazing amount of things to do. I would get as far ahead on planning your move as you can. Evan planning what you're going to ship, selling the things your not shipping and cleaning/packing the things you are shipping where you can. Also, start getting your house ready to sell/let.

We certainly found that in the last few weeks there was nowhere near enough time to do everything we needed to, so get ahead of yourself if you can! I did a short blog post on it a little while ago that you may find helpful.

​Good luck

Just wanted to see what others think...... I am in early stages of emigrating to Oz, but oh my i have no patience lol. Finding things straight forward as in the process of applying etc BUT.....im already fed up of waiting, once i have made my mind up to do something i usually go and do it. Now i feel my life is on hold as everything i do now in UK there's no point as hopefully within next 10 months im not going to be here. So no shopping for home luxuries, saving every penny no planning of anything only to the point of flying out obviously. Thoughts of what my new life could be like daily..... I want to start my new life, find new home (enjoy all the shopping for it to), new friends, new job, settle down, enjoy what Oz has to offer. Time just cant pass quick enough hehe. How did you guys find it prior or finding it now if you are still waiting. What did you find difficult and any tips for getting through the 9- 10 months ​xx

Our visa took nearly two years what with one thing or another do you have no worries really. Spend the time researching and research some more and when you aren't researching visit all the places you'll wish you had in the UK before you get here. Good luck!

Archived