The all new UK weather game.......

Perthbum

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We have had quite a few members on here who live in and around London, who have said the weathers not great there either, this great north, south divide is a myth.

No it's not...the weather in the north is shitte compared to the south...fact.

No it's not...the weather in the north is shitte compared to the south...fact.

Actually, I talk to friends/family in the South regularly and I'm often hanging my washing out when it's raining down there.

Move south then...It is grim up north.

Don't be ridiculous, we have hills, coastlines, beautiful countryside. What have you got down South? A few flat fields. You have none of the rugged beauty of the North, the culture, the diversity.

In the Georgian/Victorian times, the North was somewhere that the ton came to, to get away from the rigours of town life. Places such as Harrogate and Scarborough were hotspots. Read up on your history!

The University of Manchester has a leading Centre of Jewish Studies and the Rylands Professor of Biblical Exegesis is a world-renowned expert on the Dead Sea Scrolls.

Liverpool is a cultural centre as is Leeds and as for York, well, history has taught us the importance of York, especially to the Church of England.

I can only imagine that your knowledge of the North comes from watching The Full Monty and I think you've watched it too many times!

Actually, I talk to friends/family in the South regularly and I'm often hanging my washing out when it's raining down there.

Don't be ridiculous, we have hills, coastlines, beautiful countryside. What have you got down South? A few flat fields. You have none of the rugged beauty of the North, the culture, the diversity.

In the Georgian/Victorian times, the North was somewhere that the ton came to, to get away from the rigours of town life. Places such as Harrogate and Scarborough were hotspots. Read up on your history!

The University of Manchester has a leading Centre of Jewish Studies and the Rylands Professor of Biblical Exegesis is a world-renowned expert on the Dead Sea Scrolls.

Liverpool is a cultural centre as is Leeds and as for York, well, history has taught us the importance of York, especially to the Church of England.

I can only imagine that your knowledge of the North comes from watching The Full Monty and I think you've watched it too many times!

You still have shitte weather.

Nice to see this turn into a North v South, culture, countryside, diversity argument rather than an Aussie/British one for a change.

The whole of England is a great place but nature (not anyone on here) dictates that we in the south have better (weather, its warmer and drier).

This, unlike the rubbish about "quality of life", "better for kids", "fresher fruit n veg" this is undebatable.

Guest The Ropey HOFF
The whole of England is a great place but nature (not anyone on here) dictates that we in the south have better (weather, its warmer and drier).

This, unlike the rubbish about "quality of life", "better for kids", "fresher fruit n veg" this is undebatable.

1 or 2 degrees difference isn't something to crow about, Yorkshire to Birmingham is practically the same, but we are led to believe that Yorkshires weather is on average a good 10 degrees lower than the magical Oaisis of Stratford upon heaven, lol

And we don't have smog, we have beautiful countryside on the doorstop of practically every big city or town, we have farms locally that we can buy fresher fruit and veg from, we don't anywhere close to the crime that you have down there (according to Police statistics and crime per person) and I know for a FACT, that in the London Borough of Bromley, there are 4 rats per head of population:eek:

I would also add that I bet if you looked at rainfall figures for the south versus say the City of Manchester (as opposed to the Greater Manchester area), I bet there's less rainfall as Manchester sits in the valley of the Pennines and if I remember rightly from Geography at school, rain and snow are more likely to fall over hills and mountains so the valley's tend to be drier.

just saw on the telly 28 this weekend""":ssign5:even oop north its gonna be 24!! OMG i bet there will be a few "aghh up lass its dead 'ot, get me 'anky for me 'ed":laugh:s

Certain people hate this nice summer we are having ...bit sad in it..:biglaugh:.....they would rather it rain so they can say...told you so.

You'll be wetting yaself at the forecast then... have ye seen it lad,,,, on the telle like..? grand eghh?

:biglaugh:....post of the week mate.....all I can say is that it must be grim up north if hoff does not think we have had a good summer...

Guest The Ropey HOFF
You'll be wetting yaself at the forecast then... have ye seen it lad,,,, on the telle like..? grand eghh?

Shame everyone's at work, that's the problem with the weather in the UK, it's not guaranteed, the last few years of July and August weather has been really awful, lets hope we have some nice weather this year ........ At last.

Shame everyone's at work, that's the problem with the weather in the UK, it's not guaranteed, the last few years of July and August weather has been really awful, lets hope we have some nice weather this year ........ At last.

Grim upt north init....except for last year we have had really dry summers with hose pipe bans coming out of your ears...rivers drying up to boot.

everyone at work??? dont be dopey hoff... eveyones unemployed here!!:laugh:

Guest The Ropey HOFF

I know its what you said:laugh:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20021[/ATTACH]

everyone at work??? dont be dopey simmo... eveyones unemployed here!!

Archived