Stuck with a sponsor and need out. HELP

welshluke

Hey guys new to all this so please be gentle.

So I am currently sponsored by a Perth based company that has all it's work in the Kimberly. I am on a 4:1 FIFO rota but it is not fixed and it is dependent on how much I want to work. I am a UK qualified electrician and I have my WA provisional electrical license. The company have done right by me with giving me and keeping me in work but since being sponsored in November as an electrician I have done only labouring work. To get my full A grade electrical license I need to do a log book which should take 6 months minimum. So here is my problem my company cannot do this so I need to find an alternative sponsor.

I apply for nearly every job on Westjobs, Gumtree and Jobsearch and I have the help and advice of a solid lady at Manpower in Perth City. But I still do not have any takers. I have many trade related qualifications to help aid my job applications. But I keep hitting the wall of people not wanting to sponsor.

I live in Perth with my beautiful girlfriend who has only just attached onto my visa as my de-facto partner even though we have been together 6 years. Although the Kimberly is stunning we are not ready to more here on a permanent basis just yet, we love Perth too much.

I would consider a Perth based job or FIFO again.

I am stuck as where to turn right now and would appreciate any advice and guidance from you lovely people who have taken the time to read my ramblings.

Thanks

I don't think you will have much luck if you don't have a licence but you never know this company has sponsored you, but if you are not working in the job you have been sponsored for you are actually breaking the terms of your visa so I wouldn't tell too many people!

I know my situation is precarious and the less people know the better, that is why I need out. Although not totally what I wanted to here the honesty is what is needed.

Thanks guys all of your comments were helpful.

Why don't you look into getting the skilled migrant visa? Then you won't need sponsorship at least which could be putting off some people. It also fixes the rather precarious situation you are in regarding not doing the job you were sponsored for.

Archived