Thousands fined in Easter roads blitz (Qld)

PontePom

It's like a lot of things in life, there are people that know a whole lot more about speed than what we do on here. Limits are there for a reason. It's amazing how its always the cops fault for doing their job. Stop whining, I can't remember the last time someone got a ticket for doing 5 below the limit.

Edited by wakeboard1980

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The speed limits are set and the police monitor cars for speeding

What's the confusion?

Any country in the world will do the same and charge and fine drivers who break the law

Call it a money making machine or whatever you want

It's the law and if you break the law what will happen??

You get a ticket and you pay the fine

Can't understand why some on here just want to argue about everything

This isn't in chewing the fat

I think a lot of these speed nazis come from behind the Iron Curtain, or occupied France, places like that, because they yearn to be told what to do by the state, and punished if they don't.

Here's another thing, who is the most dangerous, a 24 year old with 4 pints of lager in him, an elderly person with dodgy sight and reactions, or a 34 year old Mum with three screaming brats in the back seat?

The problem these speed nazis do not get is that we now live in a democracy, and are governed, and policed by consent not conquest. If intelligent, law abiding people are milked by the traffic police, they begin to hold the police, and the law in contempt, not just road traffic laws, but all laws.

This is bad, and so it is in all our interests to encourage respect for the law, and the best way to achieve this is to campaign against bad laws, and disobey them!

The reason the police love going "Milking the Motorist" is that unlike arresting a group of foul mouthed, drunken yobs for urinating through a pensioners letterbox, the motorist is unlikely to thump, stab, shoot, or argue with them.

It was the same in medieval times when the local feudal baron needed a few bob, he would look for an "easy collar."

I think a lot of these speed nazis come from behind the Iron Curtain, or occupied France, places like that, because they yearn to be told what to do by the state, and punished if they don't.

Here's another thing, who is the most dangerous, a 24 year old with 4 pints of lager in him, an elderly person with dodgy sight and reactions, or a 34 year old Mum with three screaming brats in the back seat?

The problem these speed nazis do not get is that we now live in a democracy, and are governed, and policed by consent not conquest. If intelligent, law abiding people are milked by the traffic police, they begin to hold the police, and the law in contempt, not just road traffic laws, but all laws.

This is bad, and so it is in all our interests to encourage respect for the law, and the best way to achieve this is to campaign against bad laws, and disobey them!

The reason the police love going "Milking the Motorist" is that unlike arresting a group of foul mouthed, drunken yobs for urinating through a pensioners letterbox, the motorist is unlikely to thump, stab, shoot, or argue with them.

It was the same in medieval times when the local feudal baron needed a few bob, he would look for an "easy collar."

You do know that the police forces have different sections o them don't you? There are sections of the police once that deal with those issues nd there are sections that deal with traffic. Like that in a lot of places around the world.

How is enforcing speed limits a bad law, and 'disobey' them??? Ok then. You only get 'milked' by the police if you don't comply with limits that have been set. IMO your post does not make portray one bit of common sense.

There are plenty of other laws you should ignore as well my friend.

Ever eaten a mince pie on Christmas Day? I hope not, it is illegal. Banned by Oliver Cromwell, and never repealed.

Ever been to Chester on a Sunday. Be careful if you are Welsh, because after midnight, within the city walls they can shoot you with impunity, albeit they must use a crossbow.

Personally, I would be inclined to be a bit flexible with the speed cameras, let people munch their mince pies, but not allow anyone to shoot anyone, with anything in Chester, or anywhere else, ever.

And, I am led to believe that it is also illegal for a lady to buy a bottle of gin, unless she is accompanied by a man.

Now if you think you should go to Parliament, and yell at the lawmakers for this rubbish, do it quietly and calmly, because it is illegal to die in the Palace of Westminster.

You do know that the police forces have different sections o them don't you? There are sections of the police once that deal with those issues nd there are sections that deal with traffic. Like that in a lot of places around the world.

How is enforcing speed limits a bad law, and 'disobey' them??? Ok then. You only get 'milked' by the police if you don't comply with limits that have been set. IMO your post does not make portray one bit of common sense.

I would imagine that the poster of this diatribe knows much more about laws and the police force than anyone would like to give them credit for, the language used by the poster is perhaps best suited to an academic IMO maybe that's why it makes very little sense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are plenty of other laws you should ignore as well my friend.

Ever eaten a mince pie on Christmas Day? I hope not, it is illegal. Banned by Oliver Cromwell, and never repealed.

Ever been to Chester on a Sunday. Be careful if you are Welsh, because after midnight, within the city walls they can shoot you with impunity, albeit they must use a crossbow.

Personally, I would be inclined to be a bit flexible with the speed cameras, let people munch their mince pies, but not allow anyone to shoot anyone, with anything in Chester, or anywhere else, ever.

And, I am led to believe that it is also illegal for a lady to buy a bottle of gin, unless she is accompanied by a man.

Now if you think you should go to Parliament, and yell at the lawmakers for this rubbish, do it quietly and calmly, because it is illegal to die in the Palace of Westminster.

Thankfully none of those laws apply in Australia.

At the end of the day road rules are there to keep us all safer. You might not like speed limits and I might not like stopping at stop signs but the rules are necessary.

At the end of the day road rules are there to keep us all safer. You might not like speed limits and I might not like stopping at stop signs but the rules are necessary.

No way rules are their to annoy us and make us post on forums how speeding and getting caught for doing so is just wrong...

Oh wait what am I saying

A speed limit is what it is

Not a rough speed limit

Speed, get caught, pay the fine, stop moaning about it you did the crime

I have never done the crime .... I am far too mean to pay more hard earned money over to a government .

. so can every single person who has said

Do the crime .... Pay the price ever allowed their speedo to go 1 km/mile over the limit, or do we all abide

Just don't let them catch you eating a mince pie on Christmas Day

I have never done the crime .... I am far too mean to pay more hard earned money over to a government .

Do the crime .... Pay the price ever allowed their speedo to go 1 km/mile over the limit, or do we all abide

Sorry but I don't get the meaning of your post

Guest Guest16631
Thankfully none of those laws apply in Australia.

.............the rules are made to keep us safer..................but as for flexibility.....

.............where would you drawer the line.......................at 5 Kim's over....?

.............but why not 10.................?

..............there has to be a cut off point somewhere.......IMO......

..............and yes I have been caught speeding.............didn't concentrate and note change in speed sign.....!

...............remember that road well now.....!

.............the rules are made to keep us safer..................but as for flexibility.....

.............where would you drawer the line.......................at 5 Kim's over....?

..............and yes I have been caught speeding.............didn't concentrate and note change in speed sign.....!

Driving from us south it changes from 110 to 100 and I know it's coming so get ready lol

Easy to get pushed on by cars behind

Its a bit like when speed limits were introduced in the NT. Nobody including me liked them but they certainly had an impact on the road carnage. It would be lovely if we could all just do whatever we wanted to do but the world doesn't work that way.

I've had speeding fines and they have taught me to be more vigilant in monitoring my speed.

Not sure what mince pies have got to do with anything LS.

No speed limits is a dangerous situation

I've driven in Germany many times on the Autobahn and that is scary

No speed limits

I was doing 100mph in the inside lane to keep with the traffic flow and was being passed by faster cars all the time

Wouldn't want to that again

I feel the 100 sections feel to be slow compared to the 110 ones

But someone somewhere decides the speeds and we abide by them

No speed limits

I was doing 100mph in the inside lane to keep with the traffic flow and was being passed by faster cars all the time

There is a section if road near my dads place that was 100ks for years but as the area became more popular with tourists the number of accidents went through the roof because of one tricky corner that can't be corrected at a reasonable costs because it's on a cliff. The solution was to reduce the speed limit to 80 on just that section of the road.

People who don't know the history of that section of road complain about the reduced limit all the time. People who remember how many people died there before the limit was reduced understand and accept why it was necessary.

Sorry but I don't get the meaning of your post

I have never been fined for speeding and / or traffic offences . But it doesn't mean that I agree with some of the sneaky tactics used ... Such as cameras hidden behind bushes, where we live some of our police drive brightly coloured boy racer type cars, mazda's with spoilers, they do a roaring trade, so does the bright green Ford ... This is sneak tactics again which I do not condone. I condone marked police cars they work as a deterrent but the boy racer cars are sneaky and intimidating, I am experienced enough as well as passing my advanced driving test in the uk to know not to be intimidated or forced to exceed the limit, which I admit are high enough on the poor roads we are provided with compared to other parts of the world. I don't think I have ever gone over 100 here even when the limits were 110 plus also I have seen signs on bends saying 80 km to go around se of these bends at that speed would be suicidal ..

So in a nutshell I agree with laws, but not silly laws and I disagree with sneaky tactics end of

There is a section if road near my dads place that was 100ks for years but as the area became more popular with tourists the number of accidents went through the roof because of one tricky corner that can't be corrected at a reasonable costs because it's on a cliff. The solution was to reduce the speed limit to 80 on just that section of the road.

People who don't know the history of that section of road complain about the reduced limit all the time. People who remember how many people died there before the limit was reduced understand and accept why it was necessary.

This is a perfect example freckles of silly speed limits ... The kennels where our dog stays is on a really dodgy or holed road, yet the limit 90 and the limit to go around the corner is 70 or80 that is stupid, it is a dangerous road, I creep tbh and always get overtaken ... In fact I am always being over taken but it doesn't worry me, I would rather buy a pair of shoes than pay a fine, and I won't be going around that bend @ 70 unless I want to go home in a wooden box

Hope not too many mistakes on phone waiting for a train x

No speed limits

I have never driven on the autobahn my brother in law has and said it was one of the most scariest moments of his life.

I have never done it and don't fancy it'll

I bet you felt like Schumacher lol

I think in the UK the tolerance is 10% of the limit plus something like 2-3 mph to allow for speedo error and natural fluctuations in driving conditions. Do you think that'd be a fair tolerance to apply in Oz? (Even the stationary Gatso cameras are set to this)

I think in the UK the tolerance is 10% of the limit plus something like 2-3 mph to allow for speedo error and natural fluctuations in driving conditions. Do you think that'd be a fair tolerance to apply in Oz? (Even the stationary Gatso cameras are set to this)

They used to be but then everyone just drove 10k over the limit plus a bit extra lol

Guest Guest16631

.........I do think there is a similar thing here............not sure what it is tbh.........

..........I was doing 70 in a 60 zone..........!.

...........I think circumstance plays a part...........as in school zones.......no tolerance .....as it should be IMO...

.....just seen freckles post...........so that answers that.......!

Edited by Guest16631
Added

I have never driven on the autobahn my brother in law has and said it was one of the most scariest moments of his life.

I have never done it and don't fancy it'll

I bet you felt like Schumacher lol

TBH I can't remember much about how it because I was concentrating so much

My car handled the speeds fine

But imagine a crash at those speeds

Won't be many survivors that is for sure

Speed limits are fine by me