Bank balance print for Australia Government on landing?

terriokane

Myself and my boyfriend are travelling to Australia in April, landing in Brisbane and have heard that the Australia government ask for a printout of your bank account balance to ensure you have enough money whilst there. Is this true? If so we have also set up a NAB bank account which we can transfer money too. Should we do a printout of our money in UK bank before transferring to Oz bank?

Help :)

I have never heard of this being required on arrival. It may be something they apply to those who give other grounds for suspicion. I would guess it it for those arriving without a work visa to prove that they can support themselves without working. Since you have a visa that permits work, you won't need to arrive with money to support yourself.

You have been given the wrong advice. For a WHV, you may be asked for proof of funds when you arrive at immigration:

[h=2]Financial requirements[/h] You must have access to sufficient funds to support yourself for the initial stage of your holiday. Generally, AUD5000 may be regarded as sufficient, but the amount may vary depending on your length of stay and the extent of your travel. You should also have a return or onward ticket or the funds for a fare to depart Australia.

You may be asked to provide evidence. Evidence may include a certified copy of a bank statement and an air ticket out of Australia.

http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/working-holiday/417/eligibility-first.htm

Hey Pfirsch, i saw this on Australia government website and spoke with Australia government at an expo in Dublin and said that they don't actually check but was worried cause i heard some people saying they do. Maybe it just depends on the mood of immigration that day but worried about what we should do- should we do a printout before we move funds to australia bank account just incase. We have just booked a one way ticket to Oz as WHV allows us to do this but worried we could be pulled in for this?

You have been given the wrong advice. For a WHV, you may be asked for proof of funds when you arrive at immigration

You are technically correct - they may ask for this but they won't. If you hold a valid visa and you don't give obvious cause for concern, you just get rubber stamped in. It may be different if you came from a non-European country but you won't get any problem if you are from Norn Irn.