were finally here!!!

bennyblueboy

Hi guys, well after so much planing and waiting we finally landed in perth yesterday at 2.30pm (Perth time).flight wasn't to bad.......just gets really boring as I'm not really one for watching films,and being 6 foot 4 tall it gets a bit cramped after a while!so I had to keep getting up and walking up and down the aisle so I didn't seize up!! Singapore airlines were fantastic!! And would highly recommend them.was a little bit worried getting through customs after watching to many episodes of "nothing to declare" lol!! But straight through no worries!

Got a taxi to our accommodation in Clarkson ,which was a 100 bucks which I didn't think was to bad as it took about an hour to get here.we could have picked our car up from the airport,but I didn't fancy driving with jet lag and not knowing the roads,so we pick our hire car up this morning.

Accommodation is lovely! It's only a year old so everything is nice and new,garden is small but we New that and as it is only for the first four weeks so it doesn't really bother us.

Had our first Barbie last night as house came with a big gas one! Went to the local shops and brought two of the biggest bits of steak I've ever seen and between the four of us we couldn't even finish them! Washed down with a few beers to celebrate was a good first night.

The weather is fantastic! Some might say it's a bit hot for them but I love the heat,think it was 38 degrees when we come out of Perth airport!

Forgot to say,the liquor stores are awesome here! They have drive thurs!! You just pull up in your Ute tell them what you want ,and they load you up!! Don't even have to get out!! It's the stuff dreams are made of !! Lol

Anyway just got up and looks like it's gonna be another beauty!so of to do a bit of exploring and probably hit the the beach! Then maybe another trip to the drive thru liquor store! Lol

Anyways will keep you all posted as the weeks unfold,take care.

Benny out

Guest Guest 47403
Hi guys, well after so much planing and waiting we finally landed in perth yesterday at 2.30pm (Perth time).flight wasn't to bad.......just gets really boring as I'm not really one for watching films,and being 6 foot 4 tall it gets a bit cramped after a while!so I had to keep getting up and walking up and down the aisle so I didn't seize up!! Singapore airlines were fantastic!! And would highly recommend them.was a little bit worried getting through customs after watching to many episodes of "nothing to declare" lol!! But straight through no worries!

Got a taxi to our accommodation in Clarkson ,which was a 100 bucks which I didn't think was to bad as it took about an hour to get here.we could have picked our car up from the airport,but I didn't fancy driving with jet lag and not knowing the roads,so we pick our hire car up this morning.

Accommodation is lovely! It's only a year old so everything is nice and new,garden is small but we New that and as it is only for the first four weeks so it doesn't really bother us.

Had our first Barbie last night as house came with a big gas one! Went to the local shops and brought two of the biggest bits of steak I've ever seen and between the four of us we couldn't even finish them! Washed down with a few beers to celebrate was a good first night.

The weather is fantastic! Some might say it's a bit hot for them but I love the heat,think it was 38 degrees when we come out of Perth airport!

Forgot to say,the liquor stores are awesome here! They have drive thurs!! You just pull up in your Ute tell them what you want ,and they load you up!! Don't even have to get out!! It's the stuff dreams are made of !! Lol

Anyway just got up and looks like it's gonna be another beauty!so of to do a bit of exploring and probably hit the the beach! Then maybe another trip to the drive thru liquor store! Lol

Benny out

Nice one mate enjoy yourself.

Benny out

Good to hear you had a good flight and first night.... Enjoy it mate we are in our 3rd week and loving it....

Guest Guest26012
Hey cki!I've only been here one and a half days and I love it already! Went down to mullaloo beach today,it was awesome!where abouts in perth are you?

Mullaloo is a lovely beach! Where are you staying bennyblueboy?

Welcome to you and your family BennyBlue... Good Luck with all the settling in stuff, and just remember that along with the drive through bottle shop, you need to keep applying the sunscreen, wear a hat and drink lots of water. Perth is incredibly hot and humid at the moment and we would all hate you to get a dose of sunstroke in your first week! Sorry, it is just the "Granny" in me popping out there!

Hey cki!I've only been here one and a half days and I love it already! Went down to mullaloo beach today,it was awesome!where abouts in perth are you?

We are staying in rockingham at the moment but have been all over in the time we have been here.... Secret harbour and hillaries are nice and so is Mandurah.... We have been looking at properties inc house & land packages and some of them are awesome.... Everyone we have met has been so kind and helpful which is great.... My only regret I have is we have not done this sooner.... back in 2005 when we passed the TRA and left it for a while due to volume of work in England....

Guest Longtime Lurker

Pleased your journey was uneventful. I am sure you will be disappointed to learn Bedfordshire is barely above freezing! Good luck in your new life - hope all falls into place for you and your family.

Mullaloo is a lovely beach! Where are you staying bennyblueboy?

Hey mad cow,we are staying in Clarkson for the first four weeks.so in that time will do a bit of road trip around Perth to see where we settle permanently.we have already looked around a few suburbs NOR and everywhere looks lovely......so hard to choose! We are going down to freo at the weekend to see a friend who lives in coogee.so will have a look down south for a few days aswell.got a property to look at in secret harbour which was on our short list of one of the suburbs to settle.can't fault the place so far!!! As for the price of things that people go on about....yes some things are expensive but you have to live with in your means.we haven't eaten out at all yet and have brought all our food from Cole's and Woolys and found them to be okay.we make a packed lunch to take with us to the beach and cook our diners at home,and obviously go to the drive through liquor store for drink! Lol my favourite place so far! So you do it cheap,just have to be sensible .:yes:

Welcome to you and your family BennyBlue... Good Luck with all the settling in stuff, and just remember that along with the drive through bottle shop, you need to keep applying the sunscreen, wear a hat and drink lots of water. Perth is incredibly hot and humid at the moment and we would all hate you to get a dose of sunstroke in your first week! Sorry, it is just the "Granny" in me popping out there!

Good advise rossmoyne.:wink:

Guest Guest26012
Hey mad cow,we are staying in Clarkson for the first four weeks.so in that time will do a bit of road trip around Perth to see where we settle permanently.we have already looked around a few suburbs NOR and everywhere looks lovely......so hard to choose! We are going down to freo at the weekend to see a friend who lives in coogee.so will have a look down south for a few days aswell.got a property to look at in secret harbour which was on our short list of one of the suburbs to settle.can't fault the place so far!!! As for the price of things that people go on about....yes some things are expensive but you have to live with in your means.we haven't eaten out at all yet and have brought all our food from Cole's and Woolys and found them to be okay.we make a packed lunch to take with us to the beach and cook our diners at home,and obviously go to the drive through liquor store for drink! Lol my favourite place so far! So you do it cheap,just have to be sensible .:yes:

Were not far from you at butler! Freo is lovely! Some lovely places to eat down there! Don't know SOR much apart from hubby works down there! Equally as nice I think! Bottle shops are lethal lol! Stay away!

We are staying in rockingham at the moment but have been all over in the time we have been here.... Secret harbour and hillaries are nice and so is Mandurah.... We have been looking at properties inc house & land packages and some of them are awesome.... Everyone we have met has been so kind and helpful which is great.... My only regret I have is we have not done this sooner.... back in 2005 when we passed the TRA and left it for a while due to volume of work in England....

Better late than never,we are coming down to secret harbour next week to have a look at a property.my mate tells me it's lovely down there,so looking forward to it!

Guest Guest26012
OMG I need to find a sponsor ASAP so I can start a "Were finally here" Soooooooo Jealous! :confused: Its freezing here in Wales :cry:

Its bloody hot in Perth lol!

Archived