THIS TIME NEXT WEEK WE'll BE ON THE BIG WHITE BIRD ON ROUTE TO SUNNY PERTH!!! WOWZER!!

bennyblueboy

Hey guys and gals,Hope your all swell! Can't believe it's less than a week now till we fly out to Perth to start our new lives!!!! It's been such a long time coming,it still doesn't seem real yet!!! I just keep thinking this can't be happening!thought I might be having some doubts by now and the nerves would be kicking in ..........but nothing!! I just can't wait now.we've got our leaving do on Saturday night and there's about 150 people coming! So maybe it might seem real when we start saying goodbye!! I can see a very messy night on the cards.....best put my best drinking boots on ! Lol :wink:

Heck, you don't hang about do you. Your leaving date has come round quick.

Have a fab night on Saturday. I'm sure at some point you'll have a wobble but just remember its normal, we all have them and chances are if you give it a bit of time it'll work itself out.

Look forward to hearing how it goes in Perth!

:jiggy:

Heck, you don't hang about do you. Your leaving date has come round quick.

Have a fab night on Saturday. I'm sure at some point you'll have a wobble but just remember its normal, we all have them and chances are if you give it a bit of time it'll work itself out.

Look forward to hearing how it goes in Perth!

:jiggy:

Hey sniffer,thanks for that.I know it's mental......we waited so long for the VISAS then BANG!!! We get them and it all happens so fast.although that is our doing as we always said that the day we got our VISAS would be the day we would book our flights!!

Guest Longtime Lurker

It all seems to have happened so quickly! I wish you and your family a safe journey, little jet lag and a happy life in Australia. Admit it though, you are going to miss the dump of snow that hit Beds the other day!

Hey Jake,nice one mate! You will have to give us a shout when you get out and we can show you the sights,have you got your VISAS yet?

Hi benny not yet lodged the application which will be four weeks on Friday ,check my email every morning hoping to see something .

Have just done the medicals yesterday and got the police check back Friday of last week.we are font loading in the hope it comes quick as we have sold our house and our out for the 18 March .Madness I think at times have mood swings from what the hell are we doing to ah well bring on the adventure !!!!'.Well what ever happens I have come to the decision you need to experience it yourself as there is so many different options on what this involves .I wish you and your partner the best of luck please keep in touch as Im interested to see what you think of perth .Good luck you deserve it benny

It has been a long long road and expensive one at that but nearly there.

It all seems to have happened so quickly! I wish you and your family a safe journey, little jet lag and a happy life in Australia. Admit it though, you are going to miss the dump of snow that hit Beds the other day!

Cheers long time!I can safely say I Will NOT miss this depressing cold weather one bit!! I've been wrapped up and wearing thermal underwear for far to long now! And my body is craving some warm sun!!:yes:

hi Benny good luck and all that. where abouts in perth are you heading? me (carpenter) 29 and the Wife and 2 girls are due out on the 22nd of October. have you managed to find work prior to going out?

Cheers walker! Not sure where we're gonna live long term yet. We are gonna be staying in Clarkson for the first four weeks in a short term rental,as we wanted to do a bit of a road trip around Perth to have a look at the different suburbs.we've done our research and got a short list of suburbs where we think we want to be ,but that may change when we get there.we like the look of Scarborough and secret harbour and might even have a look as far down as bunbury . I've got a couple of mates in perth,one who is a chippy as well and has been out there 8 years,so he has plenty of work contacts to put me in touch with .so pretty sure we'll be okay.

our short term rental is in wanneroo. we are staying on a farm for 5 weeks. should be interesting. it's nothing special but a start. i also have a few pals in perth that are chippys and are doing very well for themselves. our plan is very similar to yours. I hope everything works out for you. let us know how you get on when u arrive.

cheers lee

Good Luck Benny. As you say, it has been a long time coming and really what are you waiting for once you have the Golden Ticket. I am sure you cannot wait to be living without the MIL:biggrin:

Wishing you a good trip over and keep us posted.

All the Best Lorraine x

Congrats! It's scorching hot here at the moment but I think it might cool down next week for when you arrive. I landed here in dec 2012, kids are in school, hubby has a perm job and we are in a lovely suburb. It's the hardest thing I have ever done. It's the most liberating and rewarding thing. What an adventure! So much to learn about the way of life here. It's definitely a challenge. Enjoy your adventure.

good luck bennyblueboy, great news. could we ask you to post a time line, if thats OK?

Cheers Craigyboy,can't remember exact dates without going through my paperwork,but I started the process back in February 2012, done my IELTS at the end of March,lucky enough passed first time with an overall band score 8. Started my skills assessment with vetassess around beginning of April which took about 12 weeks for the paper part then another 4 weeks to do the practical part,then probably another 4 weeks to get the results!! (The skills assessment is the longest part of the process! So be prepared for the waiting)then we applied for SS in WA in September which took about 7 weeks,then we got an invite to apply for a subclass 190 skilled visa straight away.we put our application in on the 6th of November done our medical and police checks soon after,then finally got our visa grant on the 10th of Jan 2013!! So in total from start to finish it was around ten months.

Hope this helps

Cheers ben

Good Luck Benny. As you say, it has been a long time coming and really what are you waiting for once you have the Golden Ticket. I am sure you cannot wait to be living without the MIL:biggrin:

Wishing you a good trip over and keep us posted.

All the Best Lorraine x

Thanks Lorraine! I tell you what,the visa grant could not have come at a better time.......as I am pretty much at breaking point at the outlaws,it started of so well,but within a couple of weeks the cracks began to show and the outlaws showed there true colours!!!! You think you know someone but until l you live with them it's a different gravy!! I won't go into detail but needless to say I would not do it again for all the tea in China!! Don't get me wrong they have been good to let us stay with them for over 4 months.....but sheesh! I suppose it's different strokes for different folks.anyways that's water under the bridge now with only 3 more sleeps to go!!wooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::tongue:

Thanks Lorraine! I tell you what,the visa grant could not have come at a better time.......as I am pretty much at breaking point at the outlaws,it started of so well,but within a couple of weeks the cracks began to show and the outlaws showed there true colours!!!! You think you know someone but until l you live with them it's a different gravy!! I won't go into detail but needless to say I would not do it again for all the tea in China!! Don't get me wrong they have been good to let us stay with them for over 4 months.....but sheesh! I suppose it's different strokes for different folks.anyways that's water under the bridge now with only 3 more sleeps to go!!wooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::tongue:

WhoooHooo 2 more sleeps now!!!!

I have lived with my Outlaws on two occasions previously so I know how difficult it can. Luckily enough I get on well with them, but at the end of it, I didn't have much skin left on my lips. Not long now!!!

Hey guys and gals,Hope your all swell! Can't believe it's less than a week now till we fly out to Perth to start our new lives!!!! It's been such a long time coming,it still doesn't seem real yet!!! I just keep thinking this can't be happening!thought I might be having some doubts by now and the nerves would be kicking in ..........but nothing!! I just can't wait now.we've got our leaving do on Saturday night and there's about 150 people coming! So maybe it might seem real when we start saying goodbye!! I can see a very messy night on the cards.....best put my best drinking boots on ! Lol :wink:

Good luck with the move, we're over here at the moment validating our visa and we love it! We're staying in mindarie right by Clarkson. Please keep us posted with your move, good luck Clare

Archived