Queensland Floods 2013

Love Shoes

Guest chris955
where are they, Bundy? Hope they're ok

They are in Burrum Heads, ironically they moved from Ipswich partly for the better weather.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive just read that, so so sad. Had a wee tear in my eye. I cant believe i didnt realise it was so bad untill now, think i live in my own little bubble! I only knew that it was raining really heavy untill i came on here today.

If i ever moan about the rain here then someone needs to slap me!

omg, that's so sad. terrible . where was that? Dave's mate moved to brisbane recently, hope he's okay . was going to send hI'm a message but need to wait - stupid time difference!

Don't worry Stacey he's probably fine, Brisbane is relatively unscathed compared to Bundaberg and places like that. Some trees down and local creek flooding here. He would be very unlucky to be affected.

Don't worry Stacey he's probably fine, Brisbane is relatively unscathed compared to Bundaberg and places like that. Some trees down and local creek flooding here. He would be very unlucky to be affected.

yeah he's fine, just checked.

hope a'll pio members are too, read that people are missing :(

wow I wasn't expecting to see it this bad . is everyone ok? I'm going to try and never moan about my weather again

It's Australia - floods, bushfires, cyclones, drought...never a dull moment. :rolleyes: Don't get many blizzards, earthquakes or tsunamis, though. :wubclub:There's something to be said for having Scottish mizzle - even if it is a bit boring.:wink:

We checked on our unit at 7.30pm last night just after the Bremer river was due to peak around 6pm, the water was about 10cm from our back door and was just creeping up the driveway, we knew it was still rising so were not confident that we'd stay dry and were thinking we'd be doing a lot of cleaning today. However, when we went back to survey the damage this morning we were over the moon to find that although the water had touched the side of the house it hadn't gone in. We have never felt so lucky in our life. So as long as the river never peaks above 13.9m we'll be staying dry :-) Sadly, 8 of our neighbours were not so lucky and have ended up spending the day cleaning and throwing things out, compared to 2011 when the whole complex was inundated however and all the units had to be gutted everyone has come away lightly.

We checked on our unit at 7.30pm last night just after the Bremer river was due to peak around 6pm, the water was about 10cm from our back door and was just creeping up the driveway, we knew it was still rising so were not confident that we'd stay dry and were thinking we'd be doing a lot of cleaning today. However, when we went back to survey the damage this morning we were over the moon to find that although the water had touched the side of the house it hadn't gone in. We have never felt so lucky in our life. So as long as the river never peaks above 13.9m we'll be staying dry :-) Sadly, 8 of our neighbours were not so lucky and have ended up spending the day cleaning and throwing things out, compared to 2011 when the whole complex was inundated however and all the units had to be gutted everyone has come away lightly.

Stay safe Hun x x God Bless x x

i know what you mean about feeling lucky, we feel the same way too.

this morning we took a load of towels, sheets, a duvet cover and some clothing over to a colleagues of my ohs ... they have an evacuation centre set up at their local church, I just feel so sorry for these poor people .....

Guest The Pom Queen

Thank goodness everything was ok for you.

Finally some internet, terrible connection though

Lost power for a while but no damage. Car is a bit smelly from being full of sand bags but otherwise fine.

Bruce Highway has just re-opened so it's back to work for me tomorrow.

So sad to see Bundy and that people have lost lives. Stay safe x

Millie x

Wow, I have been through that bridge, amazing to see all that water! My 2 uncles and unties live in Moore Park near Bundy and they said they are fine thank God. Lots of damage done though, and my cousin's workplace in bundy center is full of water he said.

Hope you guys are all ok, must be a tough time :(

[ATTACH]18119[/ATTACH]

Archived