Queensland Floods 2013

Love Shoes

Well what a day, weather wise, still pissing it down and windy as hell, neither of us have ever seen wind and rain like it, apparently there was. Tornado this afternoon, something shot through our yard, we were flooded out too, still are to a certain degree.

the power went off mid afternoon and was off until 6 45 the phone and Internet have just come back on.

hope tomorrow is better, really don't fancy another day of this .....

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well what a day, weather wise, still pissing it down and windy as hell, neither of us have ever seen wind and rain like it, apparently there was. Tornado this afternoon, something shot through our yard, we were flooded out too, still are to a certain degree.

the power went off mid afternoon and was off until 6 45 the phone and Internet have just come back on.

Stay safe

Keep hearing it's on it's way to us

Had some heavy rain

Hopefully get a good nights sleep and be prepared for whatever it might bring us

Stay safe

Keep hearing it's on it's way to us

Had some heavy rain

Hopefully get a good nights sleep and be prepared for whatever it might bring us

Thanks Howard,

its scary, when I moved here I never thought about Tornados whiz zing through the garden, the rain is really bad, the drains can't cope, print it misses you, take care, x x

Stay safe hun

I think it's coming our way soon too. Plenty of rain but not much wind yet

Millie x

Guest Guest16631

..........IKNWC but................lots of wind and rain here...................blowing the rain in the windows up under the verandas.....:eek:....has cracked one of the windows........:shocked:......hope it doesn't blow in...............chickens blown everywhere......:wideeyed:....coop leaking water as the tin roof has lifted.....:sad:......couple of big branches to saw up later ...............and great holes in the drive again......:mad:........will have to get some road base and fill them in......busy days ahead methinks.......Internet dropping out same as power..............not too bad so far............but keep safe those Brisbane and suburbs people...............btw johndoe ......might give the markets a miss..............!

The rain seems to have stopped here, I was up and down during the night, at one point I thought something had put the bathroom light on, but I think it was lightening.

The garden is a disaster area, branches everywhere, and we don't even have any trees. Patches in the garden are still water logged but fortunately the drain has gone down now.

Stay safe every one, stay indoors.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1359245761.441076.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1359245761.441076.jpg

Loads of tidying up to do here, I have tried to clean the floors inside, but have given up, he is in and out, he had a half hearted attempt at clearing the storm mess on the terrace, made it worse, so I have just finished it off, then what does he do, yes, step all over it again with his huge feet ....

And now he is fixing the bird table, oh I give up ..... Can't insert annoyed smilie but want to .....

Neighbour said there is a house around the corner with a blown off roof, poor buggers ...... feel sorry for them,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm flooded! The rain is blowing horizontal and has got underneath the roof tiles. There's water running down the garage walls and the floor is flooded. Gutters are clear but they're just not coping. Garage ceiling is dripping as well. Not much I can do atm.

Guest The Pom Queen

I have moved the weather posts in to a thread of their own as I think people need to see what's happening out there and not everyone comes in CTF.

Guest The Pom Queen

Everyone stay safe and bunker down. Thankfully it won't last much longer you are nearly out of it. After the floods it caused up here we are now back to blue skies and 40 degrees.

Lots of hugs to all of you :hug:

It must be gusting 75 out there atm. radar showing "light to moderate" falls, yeah right!

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2][TABLE=class: tabs]

[TR]

[TD=class: notactivetab][/TD]

[TD=class: activetab][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: links, colspan: 5][TABLE]

[TR]

[TH][/TH]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TH][/TH]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE=class: viewer]

[TR]

[TD=class: imagePanel]IDR663.T.201301270518.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Guest The Pom Queen

I really feel for you all. This is a normal wet season for us but our drainage system is excellent, the houses are built with a cyclone rating, I think ours is Cat 3. I don't think SQ has anything like this do they?

I think it's about time they looked at doing something though as these floods are happening every few years now.

Guest Guest16631

..........been a horrific day.........large trees over......water coming in ....and we have large verandas so it's the wind..........one cracked window.......great holes on the driveway ............

.10 ..chickens blowing ............... every where as their tin roof has come loose.........

............2..horses going nuts ........... ........Cannot catch the big one ,little one hurt her foot...........

............one son stuck in Brisbane ...............

..............4 wet stinky dogs.........

................am wet through........covered in mud.......skinned knee........cut elbow....lost my glasses somewhere...( got a spare though)..

..........a and a tink with a glass of red wine..........

...........stay safe......everyone.....!

Archived