migrating family of 4 to oz - which visa???

kirksummers

hello all at pomsinoz,im brand new to this and the visa situation, i want to migrate to oz with my wife who is 30, my 2 daughters 4 and 2, and myself 28,i am a skilled worker (pipefitter/supervisor), i aim to move to perth and work on the mines,in perth or offshore. which visa would suit us???

could i do this.....i go out to oz on a 12month working holiday visa and rent a house in perth, my wife and 2 daughters come out to oz on a 12 month holiday visa, then after 12months hopefully get the company im working for at the time to sponsor me and my family?????????????????//

thanks in advance for any help

kirk x:jimlad:

hello all at pomsinoz,im brand new to this and the visa situation, i want to migrate to oz with my wife who is 30, my 2 daughters 4 and 2, and myself 28,i am a skilled worker (pipefitter/supervisor), i aim to move to perth and work on the mines,in perth or offshore. which visa would suit us???

could i do this.....i go out to oz on a 12month working holiday visa and rent a house in perth, my wife and 2 daughters come out to oz on a 12 month holiday visa, then after 12months hopefully get the company im working for at the time to sponsor me and my family?????????????????//

thanks in advance for any help

kirk x:jimlad:

Err no, this is most definitely not an option. Might get yourself banned from the country for several years for breach of visa so don't even think about it ...it is a condition of the WHV that you are not accompanied by children at any time.

As a skilled worker you could be suitable for the skilled migrant visa. This does not require employer sponsorship, you apply for it yourself. Have a read on www.immi.gov.au under skill select and particularly for visas 189 and 190. Great thing about these visas is having permanent residency from the start.

thanks for the info rupert, as i said im totally new to this, thought that option seemed a bit easy!!! i will check that website and look at the 189 & 190 visas

do you know if these visas cost a lot and are they hard to get??? also do they take a long while to get?

thanks again

Hi you could ring an agent, they will tell you what Visa's you may qualify for, how to go about getting one and costs involved. We personally used Visa Bureau but Go Matilda have a good reputation on here too so im sure either company will be able to put you on the right track.. It worked for us and we have been in QLD just over 6 years..

Good Luck with everything, i think applying for the visa is one of the most stressful things ive ever done,lol

Cal x

thanks cal

il check out those agents, ive only heard bad things about agents (pricey,scams etc) so its good to see some getting recommended by a few people on here! im sure they would give me some free advice at first???

kirk

Don't beleive all you hear! We used Go Matilda they were fab, people run into problems when they don't use a registered agent. Good Luck.

thanks cal

il check out those agents, ive only heard bad things about agents (pricey,scams etc) so its good to see some getting recommended by a few people on here! im sure they would give me some free advice at first???

kirk

All the registered migration agents who regularly post on this site are OK.

My tip would be to look at your out-goings from right now, and set up a savings plan. Going through the visa process may take up to 12 months, which seems like a long time, however when you look at it in terms of pay checks it really isn't.

One thing many people stress about when they have their visas granted is how they are going to afford everything. You can immediately reduce that worry and stress of needing all the set up cash considerably if you have planned for this in advance.

So my tip would be to start looking at what you spend, where you can trim back without being too drastic, and start squirreling that cash away in a high interest account.

Costs will all depend on how you choose to go about it. If you apply without an agent (doing it yourself) then it is the cost of the visa, which can be found on the DIAC website. Different visas have varying costs. The one I have done recently cost $3060. You also need to factor in medicals (I think ours were about $230 each), police checks (42 UK pounds for recorded delivery option each). You may also have or require skills assessment costs, and IELTS.

Additional to that is obviously flights, medical insurance, any shipping, and general set up/living costs.

Hi check out downunderlive.co.uk as they have exhibitions around country which are worth going to for info on a whole host of subjects, also a good monthly magazine Australia and New Zealand is out monthly available from WHSmiths. So far Im doing mine on my own to save fees.

Archived