funds required for sponsored skilled worker visa

jennyweaver

hi folks

I have looked at many threads and can't find help in this aspect.

Anyone have any advice on whether there is a set amount of funds needed if I am applying for the above visa? I am only at the very beginning of it all and hubby saw it somewhere that a horde of cash was required. I've not seen it though.

And since i finally found how to post I shall pop in another question. If I am thinking of this visa and it is granted, how long after it is granted do we HAVE to go?

many thanks

Welcome to poms in oz!

First off, there are different skilled workers visas, so you really need to know which one you are looking at. None require loads of money, but the costs can add up to get it.

Have you checked if you have a job which you can apply for a visa with?

There are no fund requirements for the visa, however if you want a state to sponsor your visa application then the state might require some funds. Tis would vary by state, so you would need to check that as part of investigating the sponsorship process.

In regard to your second question, if you're successful then during the processing stage of your application you have to submit medicals and police checks. The date you must make your first trip to oz is within one year of the first of these documents you submit. This trip will validate your visa but you are not expected to make this your permanent move.

If I am thinking of this visa and it is granted, how long after it is granted do we HAVE to go?

Yes, as above - you have one year to validate, and five years to move permanently.

If you don't get here by the time the five years is up, the chances are your visa is lost.

so many helpful comments, thanks. I am a registered nurse with loads of experience and plan to go over with a job arranged.the husband man is an electrician and although we are going on my visa, he will be arranging his skill to be assessed too, for obv reasons.

i think sponsorship visa sounds good although it speeds things up and we don't necessarily need to 'get out of here' fast. it is still very early days and we are working through the options cos we are doing it ourselves, like many of our friends, without an agent. call me silly or stingy, but friends have successfully done it themselves, so can we. with Poms In Oz's help, clearly!

so many helpful comments, thanks. I am a registered nurse with loads of experience and plan to go over with a job arranged.the husband man is an electrician and although we are going on my visa, he will be arranging his skill to be assessed too, for obv reasons.

i think sponsorship visa sounds good although it speeds things up and we don't necessarily need to 'get out of here' fast. it is still very early days and we are working through the options cos we are doing it ourselves, like many of our friends, without an agent. call me silly or stingy, but friends have successfully done it themselves, so can we. with Poms In Oz's help, clearly!

why would he be getting his skills assessed? Do you need the partner points? Have a skills assessment will not help find a job in Australia. You should run your case past a registered migration agent.

If he is not the main applicant then there are no obvious reasons why he would get skills assessed. Save your time and money. When he gets to Australia he will need to get licensed but this is not related to visa skills assessment.

ah yes. have realised he won't need skills assessment since we are going on my visa. I was geting mixed up with him getting his skill accredited in Australia i shall be looking for advice on that soon too.

thanks for the interest and comments on the thread

Hi Jenny, I'm pretty much at same stage as you, I'm also an RN are you hoping for a 190visa? Which state are you wishing to get so sponsored by? We are hoping to go to south Australia, adelaide. We also are trying to do without an agent to save some costs that way but the more I look into things the more I worry I may do something Wrong.

Ive started a new thread on here asking if my order of applying for things looks correct, if you have a look can you let me know if this is how you plan to do it?

Archived