Burning ones Bridges by both ends...............

Westward Ho

Ok.to sum up:

British born

32 years as a Aus perm resident[but not a citizen]

Now in UK,since 2012.

Have no current RRV.

Have my mother,couple of brothers,my kids living in Oz,what steps if any to keep my Perm residency of Aus?

thanks!

To keep PR for as long as you want it, there is really only one foolproof way... and that is to live there.

To keep PR for as long as you want it, there is really only one foolproof way... and that is to live there.

Yes,very true!

I was laid off here on Friday,it has put the whole experience of coming back to the UK in turmoil!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I understand that about the residency now,the penny dropped,online applications cost $300,all good.

I want to go back to Oz..............

Yes,very true!

I was laid off here on Friday,it has put the whole experience of coming back to the UK in turmoil!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I understand that about the residency now,the penny dropped,online applications cost $300,all good.

After 32 years in oz I should imagine you miss it, you are more Australian tan Pom.

Guest chris955
I ticked "Permanently leaving Australia" on the departure card when i left.Will this have any implications if i wished to return???

No, it is done for statistics nothing more. I ticked holiday I think so we cancelled each other out :)

Guest guest74886
Yes,very true!

Good luck, bone up on the citizenship test and get back and get your passport lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I ticked "Permanently leaving Australia" on the departure card when i left.Will this have any implications if i wished to return???

No, I'm a 'ping pong Pom' and ticked 'permanently leaving Australia' on my departure card both times! The man at passport control still said 'welcome home' when I returned!

Archived