189 Visa Lodged Gang

dani5

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Received is sort of an indication that CO has been allocated and downloaded your docs for the review. Mine got received status and few days after got a grant email

Since you have uploaded all the required docs, your first email from CO should be grant notification. Have you uploaded form 80 as well?

Is it so?

I got the invitation to apply on Sunday. I lodged, paid and uploaded all the documents except the medicals immediately. Today I saw all of the documents' progress turned to 'Received'. I have also finish my medical exam today and uploaded the fee's receipt.

Let's see what happens then. :rolleyes:

Hello

Does anyone know if my points on the EOI and what the case officer has assessed is different. Would this be a problem. I had an email from the CO saying that my application is 65 points not 70 points as I had claimed on the EOI. She asked me to email her a consent that I would like the points changed to 65 which I have done.

I am really worried and I hope this does not result in a negative impact on the visa grant

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Hello Ebrahimmk

Can I please ask what qualification you applied to the CPA. I applied for my ACCA and the CPA and they did not recognize my work experience before I became a member. When I applies for the EOI I claimed my experience before I became a member but the CO is not recognizing that and my points have gone down from 70 to 65. DO you think this will be a problem.

Please advice

Hi ash128,

Don't want to be the bearer of bad news but it said in all the info when I was applying that if you claim more than you actually have or can prove your visa application could be rejected

"If you receive an invitation to apply, and your score under the points test is less than claimed in your EOI, your visa may be refused even if you are able to pass the points test or meet other threshold criteria. If you receive an invitation and your points have decreased or your personal information is not accurate, you do not have to proceed to make an application. You should correct the information in your EOI and wait to receive another invitation."

This is from the SkillSelect booklet on the immi website. Guess it depends on the CO and what they think. Hopefully the fact they've asked you for permission to change your points score is a positive :)

How has it dropped from 70 to 65??

Fingers crossed :)

Teacherben

It appears logical that if the CO asked you to give a consent for the points, you should be fine. Otherwise, they would have given you a notice that your application has been rejected. Currently for accountants, all you need is 60 points and you are invited almost immediately. You should have claimed whatever CPA recognized as skilled experience and jusy list the rest as your work experience.

Hello Teacherben

The CO said that I can only claim work experience for 5 years rather than 8 years hence the drop to 65 points as the letter from CPA mentioned that experience is only recognised from my membership date which means 5 years of experience. The CO said in the email this

On 16 December 2013 you received an invitation from the Department to apply for a SkillSelect visa subclass SI189. The score stated in the invitation was 70. This score was based on the information you provided in your SkillSelect Expression of Interest (EOI).

I have reviewed your claims on which your invitation score was based. I am satisfied that you made an inadvertent error when entering your details into SkillSelect about :

· claimed to have employment experience of 8 years in the last 10 years when you have only evidenced skilled employment for 5 years in the last 10 years as evidenced by your Skills Assessment, which states that only your employment from 22 November 2008 equates to work at an appropriately skilled level as a 221111 – Accountant (General).

I find that your invitation score is actually 65.

I note that this invitation score of 65 would still have led to an invitation being issued in subsequent invitation rounds since you applied.

I am therefore seeking your permission to correct the score to reflect the actual score of 65.

As you are aware, a mandatory criterion for the grant of the visa for which you have applied requires that the applicant’s points test score assessed by the visa case officer is not less than the score stated in the invitation to apply for the visa (‘invitation score’).

I have provisionally assessed your points test score as 65. Subject to your agreement to correct the score to reflect your actual invitation score, I will then consider your assessed points test score against the actual invitation score.

so she is saying that she will correct the EOI score to 65.

Hope this will be ok, fingers crossed.

Hi ash128,

Don't want to be the bearer of bad news but it said in all the info when I was applying that if you claim more than you actually have or can prove your visa application could be rejected

"If you receive an invitation to apply, and your score under the points test is less than claimed in your EOI, your visa may be refused even if you are able to pass the points test or meet other threshold criteria. If you receive an invitation and your points have decreased or your personal information is not accurate, you do not have to proceed to make an application. You should correct the information in your EOI and wait to receive another invitation."

This is from the SkillSelect booklet on the immi website. Guess it depends on the CO and what they think. Hopefully the fact they've asked you for permission to change your points score is a positive :)

How has it dropped from 70 to 65??

Fingers crossed :)

Teacherben

Hello DianaK

I had spoken to a few agents about claiming the points for 8 years work experience and was told that the DIAC does not give points based on the CPA employment assessment and I would be able to put through the 8 years hence I declared that otherwise I would still have received an invitation on 65 points and not gone through the hassle of collection evidence for the other 3 years.

Hi,

I've been checking the reports on Skillselect Report section and noticed the Visa effect Date difference between 10th Feb 2014 invitations for SC 189,

[TABLE=class: tableborder, width: 653]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: transparent]2613[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: transparent]Software and Applications Programmers[/TD]

[TD=class: right, bgcolor: transparent, align: right]65[/TD]

[TD=class: right, bgcolor: transparent, align: right]31/1/2014 2.02 am[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

refer :http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/index/reports/report-10022014/

Where as for 27th Jan 2014 for the same occupation ID it was 20/08/2013?

[TABLE=class: tableborder, width: 653]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: transparent]2613[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: transparent]Software and Applications Programmers[/TD]

[TD=class: right, bgcolor: transparent, align: right]60[/TD]

[TD=class: right, bgcolor: transparent, align: right]20/08/2013 11.10 pm[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

refer: http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/index/reports/report-27012014/

Is that information published on DIAC website correct and does it mean they kind of wrapped up 4-5 months in a single round from Jan to Feb 2014?

Thanks

Any comments for the above guys?

Exactly my point - you had enough points based on the letter from CPA. It is true that "officially" DIAC uses the assessment from CPA as a guidance only but I doubt that there are many cases when DIAC did not consider the assessment from CPA. I am not sure why those agents gave you this advice. Have you paid any of them?

Edited by DianaK

Hello Ebrahimmk

Can I please ask what qualification you applied to the CPA. I applied for my ACCA and the CPA and they did not recognize my work experience before I became a member. When I applies for the EOI I claimed my experience before I became a member but the CO is not recognizing that and my points have gone down from 70 to 65. DO you think this will be a problem.

Please advice

Hey ash,

I had applied with 60 points with no work experience and I was fine. Even with 60 points u will be ok. You should be more worried about you application being rejected on incorrect or false information. Still with 65 points you are eligible and CO will consider that.

Hi 189 applicants,

I was wondering if those of you who have received e-mails/correspondence from the CO whether this is updated on your ImmiAccount page under 'My preferences' and when you click 'my correspondence'. All replies greatly appreciated.

Hey countingstars,

I did get a notification in view correspondence in immiaccount when I got the grant. I was the same correspondence that was send it me on my email id.

Hey countingstars,

I did get a notification in view correspondence in immiaccount when I got the grant. I was the same correspondence that was send it me on my email id.

We got notification when decision was finalised. We Did Not get an email from the CO requesting the documents. It is horrible to think that a decision for an expensive visa application can be dependent on the case officers word that they have sent the email, that the email they sent is actually delivered properly. We received all the other emails no problem. Having called DIBP 3 times before the decision was made and told all three times that no correspondence had been left is substandard. What is the point of having an immi account, that advertises that communication will be logged when it doesn't even work properly! We were checking that immi account page, emails and spam folder like a hawk from the day of visa application, as i'm sure all applicants do. Really disappointed with the service provided

Hey Guys

We got our grant this morning, It was a quick turnaround considering I only emailed the police checks to the CO last night and received the email this morning.

will be moving to Perth in Jan 15. Has anyone been there. any comments for the place

Thank you for all your responses on this forum, it has been a great help. it has been a quick turnaround logged the visa application on 2 Jan got the grant today

stress over now, need to start planning the move know as we looking to move early Jan next year to Perth in time for the new school year

Edited by ash128

Hi Teacherben

Got my grant this morning, great relief from yesterday. Didnt expect the quick response from the CO within a day. Thanks you for all your help and advice it was very useful. We are moving to perth, which city are you planning to go to and when