189 Visa Lodged Gang

dani5

Hi , justrang imigratium and ttold me that my file is since last Tuesday in team Adelaide 6. No contact from someome since that time, hope never contact me and just give me a grant. I asked on phone so who is my case officer, they said he cant know that. Than i asked it does thatmean nobody work on myfile yet, he said no they do work on it he just cant see it.

How you other people come to know to CO names? And does anyone has experiencies with Team ADELAIDE 6?

Thank you all for responses.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi , justrang imigratium and ttold me that my file is since last Tuesday in team Adelaide 6. No contact from someome since that time, hope never contact me and just give me a grant. I asked on phone so who is my case officer, they said he cant know that. Than i asked it does thatmean nobody work on myfile yet, he said no they do work on it he just cant see it.

How you other people come to know to CO names? And does anyone has experiencies with Team ADELAIDE 6?

Thank you all for responses.

Good to hear that... no one knows their CO's name, they just know their team names.. mine's Brisbane....

Sent from my HUAWEI G510-0200 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Hi,

Called Immigration and they said i have been aloocated to adelaide team 4 but no CO , it will be picked depending on the occupation , in this case primary applicant is electrical engineer , we dont have a time frame but processing time is 12 months and avg time for this visa is 3-4 months depending on the case

I dont have any idea of processing times for electrical engineer , i remember last year ceiling was around 2000 now its 1500 , so clearly the demand has come down and thus processing time will increase , but how much ? dont know

My 457 also gets cancelled oct 2013 so , i have 30 days to find a employer or a PR or return back , problem is without PR or valid bridging visa i can't work , becoz getting sponsorship is tough ...

Now let god help me :(

if any one know abt processing times for electrical engineering applicant let me know

Regards,

Shiva

Hi umshiva ,

I know your situation is tough. But what if they grant you the visa in 2 weeks !!?

I have seen that occupation has been given preference but from what I've seen no one waits for longer than 10 weeks max if they have uploaded all right docs and if Medicals are not referred they give you the grant .

I suggest you hang in there just like I am , and if nothing is heard until mid week next week , do give them a call again. Ask them to confirm if meds or external checks are going on or not ?! They will have to give you some sort of progress report . .. So yeah again. All the best to us.

Hi,

My eVisa page is now showing 'No health examinations are required for this person for this visa subclass based on the information provided to the Department of Immigration and Citizenship.' in the place where it used to have the link to organise your health examinations, this is the case for myself (primary applicant) and our 2 children, but there is still the 'organise health examination' link under my husbands name. We have already been for our medicals on 1st July. Anyone know what this means?

Thanks

hi, this morning both links have been removed and changed to that message. Did the same happen to yours? Maybe it was just a technical thing and not the referral.

10 weeks is the total time from date of application. We'd never move to Aus if it was 10 weeks from co allocation !! No way !!!

Since you've been allotted to a team , things will now move faster ... But can't say much abt this as we don't really know how the CO works their applicants priorities . I've heard they first pull up applicants on the basis of occupation . Engineers and accountants I believe won't be given much priority here as there's abundance of us waiting for a decision . But having said that , the difference will only be a matter of a couple weeks or less. So I'm guessin we should expect a grant soon without any co correspondence. I say this because If co needed anything from us they would have initiated an email to us and wait for the documents as that will save time for both the applicant and DIAC .

However we just have to wait and see how things turn out . Be positive though.

For umshiva, keep in touch with DIAC every week since its 8 weeks due and make sure you be persistent to know your medical status and your co allocation status .

Hi debbio,

Did he specify the reason ? its obvious becoz my friends who applied in feb/march/april got it in 1-1.5 months time , now even for CO its 2-2.5 months , then after that processing might take "god lord knows" but if we get the reason we can try to come to a rational conclusion :(

Hi Umshiva...

No they did not give specific reasons as to why this was. I also asked for time lines, but on the official website it still states 8 -10 weeks for CO. They have said it seems to have slown down since 1st July, so it may be an influx due to the cost increase after that date?? Who knows...

Hi Umshiva...

No they did not give specific reasons as to why this was. I also asked for time lines, but on the official website it still states 8 -10 weeks for CO. They have said it seems to have slown down since 1st July, so it may be an influx due to the cost increase after that date?? Who knows...

Thats interesting because it used to just say 8 weeks.

Debbio, have your Medicals updated on your application, has the link been removed?

I don't understand why but the 190 applicants are getting excellent processing times . Some with all needed documents get straight grants within 5 weeks or max 6 weeks . And I'm talking June applicants . People who've lodged after me have already got grants . So I dot understanding the delay for 189 applicants even after 8 weeks pass and all documents uploaded.

If there is no medical referrals or external checks then why the delay ?! I think this is one question which will never be answered !

Thats interesting because it used to just say 8 weeks.

Debbio, have your Medicals updated on your application, has the link been removed?

Hi FP215,

We have all had our medicals done...my hubby and 2 boys links have been removed stating that they no longer require medicals? The link for my medical is still there.

The webiste does still state 8 weeks...but our migration agent had said 8 - 10 weeks.

I don't understand why but the 190 applicants are getting excellent processing times . Some with all needed documents get straight grants within 5 weeks or max 6 weeks . And I'm talking June applicants . People who've lodged after me have already got grants . So I dot understanding the delay for 189 applicants even after 8 weeks pass and all documents uploaded.

If there is no medical referrals or external checks then why the delay ?! I think this is one question which will never be answered !

The webiste states that 190 applicats are 5 weeks, so no suprise they are being processed quicker.

I guess we all just have to wait :)

Starting to regret resigning my job, even if it was cathartic. If you look at the website it says processing time is 12 months and then they put the disclaimer that they aim to process 75% in that time and that figure may vary. I just thought it would be quicker based on previous experience of people here being done in 4-10 weeks. It's now been 8 weeks and I've had no word that a CO has been allocated. I'll work out a time to call them tomorrow.

I might have to get in contact with my CO to let them know I'm getting a bridging Visa.

Where's bijit ?! Has he go the grant already ?! I haven't seen you being active here bijit after you've got the CO...

I am here mate. Was busy with work lately after I managed to retrieve pccs from different countries and doing my medicals. No I have not been granted visa yet (that would be the day of my life ;). I also do not expect to get the grant soon as I come from Bangladesh where long external security checks are common for 189 applicants. Hence I have chosen to enjoy the waiting by making myself busy with work and family .... smart, isnt it ;)

Starting to regret resigning my job, even if it was cathartic. If you look at the website it says processing time is 12 months and then they put the disclaimer that they aim to process 75% in that time and that figure may vary. I just thought it would be quicker based on previous experience of people here being done in 4-10 weeks. It's now been 8 weeks and I've had no word that a CO has been allocated. I'll work out a time to call them tomorrow.

I might have to get in contact with my CO to let them know I'm getting a bridging Visa.

Just keep calling that also helped me, I rang once Friday and next week Tuesday my application has been forwarded to team. At least it make some move not just sit in some pale of applications.

189 visa lodged 06/12/2012

Hi guys,

Here is my story:

Ielts (8.5 overall, 9,9,8,7.5)

Entered Australia (Student Visa) (18/01/2007)

Advanced diploma in Accounting (TAFE), Bachelors of Business and Commerce (Accounting) (University of Western Sydney), CPA (CPA Australia).

Had been offered a grad program from KPMG 2012, but the immigration rules changed and I could not lodge the PR (The only condition placed on offer by KPMG)

Lodged 485 (15/08/2011), Granted 485 (19/08/2012).

IELTS again (9,9,9,8). EOI, Invitation (01/12/2013)

Lodged 189 (06/12/2012). Case officer allocated (20/01/2013).

Emailed CO and enquired about the progress (10/06/2013). Response from CO that that the application is going through internal checks (24/06/2013)

It has been almost 8 months since the lodgement. Is there anyone else facing this kinda long lags. Please share.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________________________

Altamash, waiting for 189 grant, from Pakistan !

Hi all going to be joining your thread soon. Received positive TRA skills assessment on Monday 29th July. Only problem hubby away on a course just now till 3rd October so dont want to put anything though too quickly with him not being here (he is metal machinist and at present time doing an advanced course) so would not want to put EOI through till he has passed so we can put down on his form.

Roughly what is the time scale for putting through EOI and getting an invite?

Iv been reading that at present it has been taking roughly 4-6 months to get the visa granted is that about right.

Thanks

Hi all going to be joining your thread soon. Received positive TRA skills assessment on Monday 29th July. Only problem hubby away on a course just now till 3rd October so dont want to put anything though too quickly with him not being here (he is metal machinist and at present time doing an advanced course) so would not want to put EOI through till he has passed so we can put down on his form.

Roughly what is the time scale for putting through EOI and getting an invite?

Iv been reading that at present it has been taking roughly 4-6 months to get the visa granted is that about right.

Thanks

Hi shearer,

There were only days between us submitting EOI and being invited to apply for our visa. We were invited on 16th July and had our visa submitted later that week.

The waiting til can be anything from 8 weeks to 6 months...depending on paper work and medicals...

Debs