189 Visa Lodged Gang

dani5

Hi Mir,

True that.. but i was not aware of this fact.. but while going for EOI, i went through some documents on the immi website which clearly state that all applicants above 18 years of age must have atleast 7.5 in each band of ielts. If i could, i will get back to you with the name of the document...

Sent from my HUAWEI G510-0200 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

This is true if English isn't your first language. For my husband, who only speaks Englsh, a British passport suffices. I was worried for a second there and went to double check!

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Mir,

True that.. but i was not aware of this fact.. but while going for EOI, i went through some documents on the immi website which clearly state that all applicants above 18 years of age must have atleast 7.5 in each band of ielts. If i could, i will get back to you with the name of the document...

Yes, its 4.5 but it is up to the applicant whether he wants to supply IELTS TRF or other form of acceptable evidence.

Edited by Mirwais

Yes, its 4.5 but it is up to the applicant whether he wants to supply IELTS TRF or other form of acceptable evidence.

Oh all right.. it may sound off track but is it the same case with Form 80 &1221? Which so ever can be provided?

where r u right now? In aus or outside?

Oh all right.. it may sound off track but is it the same case with Form 80 &1221? Which so ever can be provided?

where r u right now? In aus or outside?

Form-80 is more detailed.. In my case, I was asked specifically for form-80 which I supplied whereas form 1221 has never been asked nor have I provided it. I am offshore applicant and your country mate :).

Form-80 is more detailed.. In my case, I was asked specifically for form-80 which I supplied whereas form 1221 has never been asked nor have I provided it. I am offshore applicant and your country mate :).

Oh ok.. nice to see someone sharing my border line too :-) i provided form 80 too but the link for character assessment is still there with meds

just a few questions.

when a migration agent is on a holiday, and there's no other person looking after your visa application, who would you send your medicals results? the thing is, Medibank sent me this sealed envelope to give to DIAC but my agent is away.

also, I've read in DIAC's twitter and Instragram that they're now on a "caretaker period" because of the upcoming election. How will this affect the processing times?

Thanks.

just a few questions.

when a migration agent is on a holiday, and there's no other person looking after your visa application, who would you send your medicals results? the thing is, Medibank sent me this sealed envelope to give to DIAC but my agent is away.

also, I've read in DIAC's twitter and Instragram that they're now on a "caretaker period" because of the upcoming election. How will this affect the processing times?

Thanks.

Yup, just been on FB which says there will be no more posts on there during the caretaker period. Did a search and found reference to the caretaker period on the governments website. It begins on 12th apparently and will remain in place until a new government is elected. It is basically saying that no big decisions with financial implications can be made at this time. I cannot find any mention of anything related to immigration (although it does mention asylum seekers). Stay positive people, if it doesn't mention it, I choose to assume it doesn't affect the length of the decision making process for visas. Think about it, it this all came to a halt, the backlog would be horrific. People are still employed by diac and have a job to do; I have interpreted caretaker as keeping everything ticking over, but no new spending or initiatives.

I'd imagine its also similar to the period we have in the UK in the public sector which basically is as Amanda says, business as usual for the majority of staff and cases, like working on applications but no changes in policy or big spending initiatives. They also can't communicate via TV, Radio or Social Media as there is usually a media blackout from public services prior to the election.

Great news .. I was just thinking what to do cuz co has not really contacted at all and it's been 9 weeks ...

Yes, bringing to agent tomorrow, but he said he must still check will take 3-4 days, he just slowing me down now. He said only than he can submitted. So let see next week he submitts what happen.

What is with your CO? Do you ahve or not now? Why you not update? You fare before me

I haven't updated co status because I don't know anything abt it . I don't bother to call because I felt they will say that I've been allocated co and nothing more ...

I am also waiting till next week and I no co contact then I will call them .

Thing is I have submitted All documents am nothing is left from my side to submit.

I also believe since you are onshore applicant they will process your case faster than mine . I dunno.

So if you submit all your requested documents then you will be granted co very soon like many other onshore applicants who got their grants the next day they submitted requested documents .

All the best and do let us know when you get the grant .

Just want to ask.

My migration agent is having her holiday 'til the 19th of August. It's only like a two-week holiday for her. But I just got 2 police clearances and my medicals were sent to me by MediBank (sealed, to be mailed, and opened only by DIAC). The thing is, my 8th week from visa application is next week. She's not coming back 'til 2 more weeks. If a CO is to be assigned to me next week, then there's no way to tell 'til my agent comes back. So if I call DIAC next week, maybe I can have a proper venue on where to send my medical results. Or should I wait for my agent to come back?

Nomad,

I you wait till your agent gets back and if co ha requested for any documents the 28 day limit will start from the day the agent would receive the email. Now I dunno if there are provisions for more time when you apply thru an agent but to be playin safe, you can call DIAC and find out abt co allocation and also ask them about this issue...

thanks ranjith. i plan to call DIAC next week. I just thought I had to ask for some opinion here 'coz I don't know if calling DIAC will "breach" moral or ethical boundaries between me and my agent. But I guess I don't tell her it'll be alright, since I have to mail DIAC the medicals results anyway.

Oh yeah btw I totally forgot that DIAC will not really give you info on your co since you have an agent . They will only communicate to the agent . But you can call DIAC anyway and only ask about the rules for when the agent goes for holidays and imminent co allocation issues.

DIAC may not be happy to answer anymore details related to your application when the agent is actin on behalf of you .

And yeah, you can also confirm the address to which you can send your medical reports to, if you actually have to send it to them because the medical centre normally sends the mail direct to DIAC or they're have also sent your reports electronically and must have sent this letter to you as backup .

It all depends from which country you are applying.