189 Visa Lodged Gang

dani5

Oh yeah btw I totally forgot that DIAC will not really give you info on your co since you have an agent . They will only communicate to the agent . But you can call DIAC anyway and only ask about the rules for when the agent goes for holidays and imminent co allocation issues.

DIAC may not be happy to answer anymore details related to your application when the agent is actin on behalf of you .

And yeah, you can also confirm the address to which you can send your medical reports to, if you actually have to send it to them because the medical centre normally sends the mail direct to DIAC or they're have also sent your reports electronically and must have sent this letter to you as backup .

It all depends from which country you are applying.

Yes this is same with my agent , i asked them yesterday did y know i have CO? they said of course we know, bt bc nothing asked we didnt need to let you know. Crazy but true, thats how immigration works. No didnt require. Said my agent this is only docs she all need more,,, hope nt ask again in future

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A quick general question about the 189. If you submit an EOI and receive an invitation to submit a visa, are there any medical or police checks required before you can submit your visa or are these elements done after submission of a visa to the diac?

Thank you

I'm looking to apply for the 189 visa and have claimed 10 points on my EOI for previous experience. Occupation Structural Engineer.

My question is Skillselect says that DIAC may ask for the Assessing Authority to provide an opinion on the relevance of my experience but I believe their only requirements for substantiating my claim is to provide references citing the dates employed, duties performed and salary received. What is the likelihood of them asking me to get Engineers Australia to provide an opinion because if they do it'll take nearly 4 months to get that (their current turnaround for these requests)

Thanks

I'm looking to apply for the 189 visa and have claimed 10 points on my EOI for previous experience. Occupation Structural Engineer.

My question is Skillselect says that DIAC may ask for the Assessing Authority to provide an opinion on the relevance of my experience but I believe their only requirements for substantiating my claim is to provide references citing the dates employed, duties performed and salary received. What is the likelihood of them asking me to get Engineers Australia to provide an opinion because if they do it'll take nearly 4 months to get that (their current turnaround for these requests)

Thanks

Hi,

I am as QS going on a 189...I had to have my qualification assessed but the AIQS, as well as provide proof of working experience.

Debbie

I got my GRANT 5 minutes ago!!!!!! yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Massive Congratulations ivetka :D

We logged 2 weeks after you so hopefully we wont be too far behind with a decision x x

Debbio did DIAC request you to do this or did you do it off your own back?

Hi Visa for me,

We are using an agent and it was requested by them. I think its manditory (might be wrong though) I was told it would be about a 3 month turn around, but I had a letter back from them within 2 weeks of sending my Qualification paperwork...

Hope this helps!

Debs

Thanks

I'm a structural engineer as well. If they don't ask for EA proof of qualification I would be amazed. If you graduated from a university which is part of the Washington Accord it makes life easier.

You need to enter the number you are given by EA in the EOI before you can submit, so without the accreditation you won't be able to get passed the EOI stage.

Good luck.

I'm a structural engineer as well. If they don't ask for EA proof of qualification I would be amazed. If you graduated from a university which is part of the Washington Accord it makes life easier.

You need to enter the number you are given by EA in the EOI before you can submit, so without the accreditation you won't be able to get passed the EOI stage.

Good luck.

Ya my skills have been assessed and that's come back approved. Was just wondering about the relevant experience as they don't ask for any reference on the EOI of an assessment by Engineers Australia.

I got my GRANT 5 minutes ago!!!!!! yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Heartfelt congratulations. I hope ours arrives in a similar timescale.

It's very easy to whip yourself up into a frenzy isn't it? Its so near the end of the process it's hard not to get impatient. Not long now....going to try and stop counting the days and get on with enjoying the time I have left here in Yorkshire.

Thank you everyone!! Party going GOLD COAST this weekend, anyone from here can come celebrate with me in nightclub.,,,,very happy, once you submitted docs, is really fast, for me in 2h ,,at 3pm was still giving out photos to agent , decision came in 2h after....Thank you DEBBIE AND RANJET,, you will get till end of august too.

Dont listen nt to ring immigratium,,i rang all the time, thats why!!!!!maybe i pissed them off...lol,,worth it!!!MY DAY!

Haha ivetka !

All the best for the future and enjoy the party . Gold Coast it is !

Ranjitt, Amanda Kerr , Debio- Wake up as AUSTRALIAN is AMAZING! just drinking my coffee, you whole will love it and have it in couple of weeks or when arrive. I am here 6y now, extend 2 student visa so maybe my chcecking wasnt too hard for them,,as i applied for other visa in australia before and been through lot checkings. Also my CO ask me partner proof of relationship. I uploaded ZIP folder worth of banks statment since 2010, even any other docs ( tot. 80), masive folder, i hardly loaded , 80 actual fotos of both of us.................just think how can CO from 2pm till 5pm assesed this? There is no way,, the amount closed them eyes,, probably she just enjoy our pics ,,hehehe So follow my advise, she/he ask sth, same day give you same day get, you not give she will start work on other one and your file will wait on desk up to 15 days, once she finish with that one will come back to you to reassesed docs. If you follow this,, you get decision faster!!!!!

Look, noone in 2nd week getting CO or grant, they look like change strategy deal with 1st week first , than next week move....so all you got CO will go behind me, i am sure today lot of people will get as FRIDAY, MONDAAY grants came most these days.

ALL THE BEST,cant wait who got today,,so excited, !!! COME GUYS!!!ITS BEHIND THE CORNER!!!

Thank you everyone!! Party going GOLD COAST this weekend, anyone from here can come celebrate with me in nightclub.,,,,very happy, once you submitted docs, is really fast, for me in 2h ,,at 3pm was still giving out photos to agent , decision came in 2h after....Thank you DEBBIE AND RANJET,, you will get till end of august too.

Dont listen nt to ring immigratium,,i rang all the time, thats why!!!!!maybe i pissed them off...lol,,worth it!!!MY DAY!

Congrats Ivetka233 :)

Ranjitt, Amanda Kerr , Debio- Wake up as AUSTRALIAN is AMAZING! just drinking my coffee, you whole will love it and have it in couple of weeks or when arrive. I am here 6y now, extend 2 student visa so maybe my chcecking wasnt too hard for them,,as i applied for other visa in australia before and been through lot checkings.

Don't want to be your party pooper ivetka, but you "just" got PR, so, technically, you woke up as a permanent resident, which is a different thing. You deserve all the joy the news brought to you, and you took a step towards citizenship, but you're not an Australian yet.

Also, you say having held two previous student visas could have been the key to your speedy grant. Using common sense I would think so too, but then you have a guy like Altamash, who says he held two visas, got an amazing IELTS score, yet he is still waiting for a decision to be made about his visa (many months and counting, apparently). It could have something to do with country of origin (high or low risk), maybe. Where are you from ivetka?

Enjoy your PR celebration party, and best wishes for a quick grant of citizenship (a good excuse to have another party on the Gold Coast when that happens)

Amanda Kerr, your timeline says:

"Ielts 9 9 9 9, EOI 19th May 2003, invite 21st May 2003, App lodged 21st June 2003, Meds and PCC completed July 2003. Awaiting CO."

It's either a typo or the slowest CO allocation in history

Edited by Hermalrood