I'm going to train to be a cook to get my PR

Guest Guest68570

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did this very course at college in Perth in 2008. Only did the cert 2 and cert3 in commercial cookery that you have to do on the student visa before the cer 4 diploma. I can tell you from experience the cert 2 and 3 are not for the faint hearted. It is a very full on course with lots of cooking etc in the kitchens as well as working in the tafe restaurant 1 night a week for the paying public. It is very much a full time course and the amount of homework is unbelievable. I had no spare time with the amount of homework and revising for the many exams you have to pass just to move onto the next part of the course. Your uniform has to be immaculate each time you enter the kitchens.this involves lots of bleaching and starching the uniform as well as ironing it to near new condition again. It certainly took up more hours on the course than it would in a full time job. Mainly because of the amount of homework, revision and assignments that need to be completed.

I know there was students on the course with me who were hoping to get pr at the end of it and most are still on bridging visas now as they cannot get sponsorship.

You need to seriously consider this course before you spend a lot of money on it. I cannot emphasise enough how much hard work and homework is involved in this course.

Best of luck if you go for it but if you want advice from someone who did the course then don't expect an easy ride and don't expect to gain pr from it.

Guest The Pom Queen

Sorry I missed this thread, I have spoke with Jack, he is fine and didnt feel bullied, however, we have decided between us it's best if his account his closed along with his threads.

thanks to everyone who helped him and the giggles we had along the way, all in fun.