time to update my journey!

Delaneym

i arrived in sydney on the 15th september.. I have been staying with my friends way out in the countryside and they have been amazing ( both australian) giving me lifts to stations and places! i have met their cousin and other friends ( all australian) who have invited me out and made me feel welcome

in 2 weeks I have registered my tax on line ( I await my tax completed), activated my ahpra registration process ( i await for confirmation I am registered) found a rental,bank account was sorted in uk and so all good,stayed with a friend I met on here she is fabulous! i am looking forward to another person i have met on here who lives in the area I am going to and have chatted by telephone to a couple of others from here (I will catch up with after my home move)and an old school friend ( I havent seen for a very long time) who lives in queensland that i will go visit for a weekend before christmas.

Thoughts on australia... there are shops and markets etc that equal same price in uk for food and household stuff.. ( yes I have been to them they are real) The trains are regular and i have been around and about surprising myself! everywhere in countryside is far from everywhere ( no surprise) the weather is good ( no surprise its spring)

All in all there are some things to sort like furniture/electricity/wifi for the moving in day and medicare but I didn't come with rose tinted glasses i am unsurprised at what I have found here and it feels right being here..I do miss my sons and their partners and skype them and chat with them on fb or msn and so far all good and i am more relaxed than I can remember! The wild life is amazing ( no spiders so far)the mozzies love me and i am picking up local slang as i go!

If i can be of any help answering anything please shout ( remember i am only a couple weeks into the adventure) and if anyone has any tips about electricity being set up and wifi or reasonable furniture places please feel free to tell! me :D:cool:

So pleased to read that you have had a great start and that there have been lots of friendly folks willing to help and make you feel welcome. It makes such a difference.

Looking forward to hearing how you get on in your new place. Mozzies love me too put apparently they get bored with you after a few years? I am hoping this is true otherwise Jungle formula should make me an honorary share holder. :wink:

keep coming with the updates Marion

All the best

Millie x

i arrived in sydney on the 15th september.. I have been staying with my friends way out in the countryside and they have been amazing ( both australian) giving me lifts to stations and places! i have met their cousin and other friends ( all australian) who have invited me out and made me feel welcome

in 2 weeks I have registered my tax on line ( I await my tax completed), activated my ahpra registration process ( i await for confirmation I am registered) found a rental,bank account was sorted in uk and so all good,stayed with a friend I met on here she is fabulous! i am looking forward to another person i have met on here who lives in the area I am going to and have chatted by telephone to a couple of others from here (I will catch up with after my home move)and an old school friend ( I havent seen for a very long time) who lives in queensland that i will go visit for a weekend before christmas.

Thoughts on australia... there are shops and markets etc that equal same price in uk for food and household stuff.. ( yes I have been to them they are real) The trains are regular and i have been around and about surprising myself! everywhere in countryside is far from everywhere ( no surprise) the weather is good ( no surprise its spring)

All in all there are some things to sort like furniture/electricity/wifi for the moving in day and medicare but I didn't come with rose tinted glasses i am unsurprised at what I have found here and it feels right being here..I do miss my sons and their partners and skype them and chat with them on fb or msn and so far all good and i am more relaxed than I can remember! The wild life is amazing ( no spiders so far)the mozzies love me and i am picking up local slang as i go!

If i can be of any help answering anything please shout ( remember i am only a couple weeks into the adventure) and if anyone has any tips about electricity being set up and wifi or reasonable furniture places please feel free to tell! me :D:cool:

Thats great to here everything is going well for you,stay in touch :biggrin:

Archived