Should we lock suitcases - Heathrow to Perth?

smithinoz

I use the cable ties, even on the pockets with nothing in them, to stop anything being put into my case. I figure they will go to the bag that's easiest to open, ie. the unsecured bag. If my case was ever to be tampered with I wouldn't even take it off the baggage carousel, I would call security. I don't fancy ending up as Schapelle's room mate.

What value is something 'of value'??? On my last journey from Perth to Ireland I had a 100ml bottle of very expensive perfume. As the combined liquid volume of my perfume and other liquids (hand sanitiser) was above 100ml, I could not bring it all in my hand baggage, so had to put perfume into my big bag. If that had been stole I would have been gutted. With all the safety requirements, it is not possible to carry all of our valuables.

A lock, or cable tie, will provide security of mind, also it will ensure the zip doesn't open, as they can do. Plus add security that it will be harder for a smuggler to use your bag unbeknownst to you.

What value is something 'of value'??? On my last journey from Perth to Ireland I had a 100ml bottle of very expensive perfume. As the combined liquid volume of my perfume and other liquids (hand sanitiser) was above 100ml, I could not bring it all in my hand baggage, so had to put perfume into my big bag. If that had been stole I would have been gutted. With all the safety requirements, it is not possible to carry all of our valuables.

A lock, or cable tie, will provide security of mind, also it will ensure the zip doesn't open, as they can do. Plus add security that it will be harder for a smuggler to use your bag unbeknownst to you.

It isn't the combined volume it is the volume of one single bottle mustn't be over the 100ml. You could have carried your perfume and hand sanitizer all in the one zip lock bag.

US airport security are now breaking security locks from suitcases and checking the inside of them, without suitcase owners being present.

Last time my wife went to US and came back, they cut through a 75 euro lock and went through all her clothes, without saying anything.

This should be illegal..[/quote

I absolutly disagree with this. In this day and age I dont believe any of us are entitled to privacy when flying, and I have an issue with cases being locked personally I would agree to locked cases being banned.

Archived