Anyone Applied for ANMAC skills assessment recently?

pom4165

they received my documents 25 - Feb - 2013. I am in Australia on a 457 visa and I'm planning to apply for a subclass 189 visa. By the time I apply, I'll only have 60 points so there's a possibility that I may not be invited right away. What I will do is I will apply for a state sponsorship also.

Hi Nomadgreen,

I applied for modified assessment on 1 mar and havent heard anything so far..Can u please tell me wen did u apply or any progress????And are u in australia at the moment...If u dont mind can u tell me wat visa u r going to apply for pr.Because i m on the way to apply 189 and it wud b of great help if u r also on the same track....

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have FINALLY (after three months) got all the references I need for the ANMAC assessment, have had the documents all certified and am ready for ILETS + NMC to send what they need directly. I have one question, who needs to witness you sign the application form for the ANMAC assessment? I'm finding it hard to find any info on this on their website

they received my documents 25 - Feb - 2013. I am in Australia on a 457 visa and I'm planning to apply for a subclass 189 visa. By the time I apply, I'll only have 60 points so there's a possibility that I may not be invited right away. What I will do is I will apply for a state sponsorship also.

Dear Noma,

I am about to start the same process as u r going to commence.I am also in Aus so can u please send me ur email address so that I could interact you in future for further updates regarding skill assessment and visa provcessing .Hope u wont mind sending me ur emaiul address oon my email-baldish9@gmail.com

Good luck.

I have FINALLY (after three months) got all the references I need for the ANMAC assessment, have had the documents all certified and am ready for ILETS + NMC to send what they need directly. I have one question, who needs to witness you sign the application form for the ANMAC assessment? I'm finding it hard to find any info on this on their website

I went to local magistrates as they are JPs, or you can google who are notaries in your local area

Hi all,

just wondering..... I applied for ANMAC assessment in january, although I haven't yet sent off my documents......NMC, IELTS and course transcripts have supposedly been sent directly, but I haven't had confirmation of anything arriving! Is this the norm? Or do they send emails, or are you able to log into an account on the ANMAC website??

Cheers,

​Mir x

Hi, can. I just ask, did your current employer in aus give you your references for ANMAC? I'm thinking of coming over on 457 but I have started the process of 189, I just wondered if I would need to collect references from my UK employer before heading to Australia?

Guest Dermo1
Hi, can. I just ask, did your current employer in aus give you your references for ANMAC? I'm thinking of coming over on 457 but I have started the process of 189, I just wondered if I would need to collect references from my UK employer before heading to Australia?

I am a practice nurse and had 55 points but needed 60 so had to do academic IELTS (needs 8 in each of 4 exams) exam really hard, even with plenty of revision scored 9/8/7/9 (7 in writing) so failed, had to then sit the general IELTS twice, 2nd go 9/8.5/7.5/9.0, 3rd 8.5/9/8.5/9 after tutoring session on skype to help me!

Meanwhile I confidentially asked a GP I work with for a reference for ANMAC as I didn't want my manager to know i was applying as yet. 2 months later I had to ask my manager to verify the GPs reference so she ended up doing one of her own! My one advice is to chase ANMAC to see if they received the NMC verification letter (has to be sent by post) Mine was sent in May 12 and they emailed my migration agent in Oct to mention they still hadn't received this!!! I was fuming, so I contacted the NMC who resent it then it was all plain sailing.

Migration agent Jan 12, application for sponsorship visa, march to aug x3 IELTS, skilled assessment Nov (actually scored 65 as qualifications equal to degree standard in Oz) so applied for skilled independent visa, case officer March 13, police checks back end March, medicals 6/4/13, 26th April permanent residency visa-Sydney here we come!

I received a generic email saying they received the documents.

Hi all,

just wondering..... I applied for ANMAC assessment in january, although I haven't yet sent off my documents......NMC, IELTS and course transcripts have supposedly been sent directly, but I haven't had confirmation of anything arriving! Is this the norm? Or do they send emails, or are you able to log into an account on the ANMAC website??

Cheers,

​Mir x

yES, it is advisable to have or collect your references from your previous employers. Anything you can get, like school records, etc, just go get them just in case. That was my mistake. I didn't ask for any letter from my employer in the US and had to email my previous manager to have it sent here. Good thing they were quick about it.

yES, it is advisable to have or collect your references from your previous employers. Anything you can get, like school records, etc, just go get them just in case. That was my mistake. I didn't ask for any letter from my employer in the US and had to email my previous manager to have it sent here. Good thing they were quick about it.

Thank u!! :-))

I will make sure I do that.. :-)

I am a practice nurse and had 55 points but needed 60 so had to do academic IELTS (needs 8 in each of 4 exams) exam really hard, even with plenty of revision scored 9/8/7/9 (7 in writing) so failed, had to then sit the general IELTS twice, 2nd go 9/8.5/7.5/9.0, 3rd 8.5/9/8.5/9 after tutoring session on skype to help me!

Meanwhile I confidentially asked a GP I work with for a reference for ANMAC as I didn't want my manager to know i was applying as yet. 2 months later I had to ask my manager to verify the GPs reference so she ended up doing one of her own! My one advice is to chase ANMAC to see if they received the NMC verification letter (has to be sent by post) Mine was sent in May 12 and they emailed my migration agent in Oct to mention they still hadn't received this!!! I was fuming, so I contacted the NMC who resent it then it was all plain sailing.

Migration agent Jan 12, application for sponsorship visa, march to aug x3 IELTS, skilled assessment Nov (actually scored 65 as qualifications equal to degree standard in Oz) so applied for skilled independent visa, case officer March 13, police checks back end March, medicals 6/4/13, 26th April permanent residency visa-Sydney here we come!

Hi , what do you mean you actually scored 65 points ? As qualification equal to aus degree? If you font mind me asking - what qualification have you got ? And how many points allocated for it? ... I have nurse he diploma - but do you get same points as if it was aus degree? Or less ?Thanks

Its 10th week now..Nothing heard from ANMAC ..I applied for modified skill assessment on 1 mar 2013 as i am already registered with Ahpra,,,Just wondering if ts a matter of concern because for modified one they take so long.........

Its 10th week now..Nothing heard from ANMAC ..I applied for modified skill assessment on 1 mar 2013 as i am already registered with Ahpra,,,Just wondering if ts a matter of concern because for modified one they take so long.........

You could email them to ask? I know they dont like it but youve paid so your entitled to know!

You could email them to ask? I know they dont like it but youve paid so your entitled to know!

Hi Nic,

I called ANMAC and a lady at reception advised me that it could take upto 14 weeks and same was written in the email.But I was confused as I am already registered with AHPRA and have applied for modified skill assessment.Then why do they take such a along time for modified one?

My main concern is my current visa which is about to expire.....:sad:

Im sure theres a reasonable explaination other than a money making racket! what i understand is Anmac acknowledge your degree and length of service for diac points purposes but Ahpra is like our NMC, every year you re register with Ahpra but not Anmac, they are skills assessing authority only so need for certain visas. Work sponsored visa (eg 457) need Ahpra only as the work place recognise your skills but independant visas (eg 189/190) need Anmac too. Because Ahpra register every health professional each one has their own seperate skills assessing body. Think Im waffling but does it make sense? I dont think it matters who you register with first if both needed except Anmac will forward notarised docs to Ahpra but Ahpra wont do this for Anmac! some folks just bite bullet and pay for 2 of everything

Im sure theres a reasonable explaination other than a money making racket! what i understand is Anmac acknowledge your degree and length of service for diac points purposes but Ahpra is like our NMC, every year you re register with Ahpra but not Anmac, they are skills assessing authority only so need for certain visas. Work sponsored visa (eg 457) need Ahpra only as the work place recognise your skills but independant visas (eg 189/190) need Anmac too. Because Ahpra register every health professional each one has their own seperate skills assessing body. Think Im waffling but does it make sense? I dont think it matters who you register with first if both needed except Anmac will forward notarised docs to Ahpra but Ahpra wont do this for Anmac! some folks just bite bullet and pay for 2 of everything

Thank you! That totally makes sense now!! Cheers! How much is it for ANMAC ? Is the application similar to AHPRA?

It was £560 for full assessment. If your already in Oz working you only need modified which is cheaper (thats my understanding). Very similar re info requested, there is an online application that you print once complete and that has to be notarised too. They wanted NMC verification, Uni syllabus, degree transcripts, statements of service, professional references, birth certs so hopefully if ok I dont need to resend these to Ahpra but watch this space! x

It was £560 for full assessment. If your already in Oz working you only need modified which is cheaper (thats my understanding). Very similar re info requested, there is an online application that you print once complete and that has to be notarised too. They wanted NMC verification, Uni syllabus, degree transcripts, statements of service, professional references, birth certs so hopefully if ok I dont need to resend these to Ahpra but watch this space! x

Thank u.. So how long goes this last? I have 12months to present myself to AHPRA, is this the same for ANMAC?

Guest Dermo1

I needed 60 points or more to get a visa. My qualifications included ENB's x3 diabetes/continence and elderly plus diploma levels in chd/copd/asthma then recently my non medical prescribing. I will show you what my migration agent sent me in Jan 12 when the process started. Hope this helps? Good luck.

"I have recounted your points in light of the new points test, and additional information that was not available this time last year"

15 = points for age

10 or 20 = you can claim points if you obtain a score of 7 or 8 in each of the 4 sections of the IELTS test

15 = 8 out of the last 10 years work experience

10 = points for a qualification equivalent to Australian standards

05 = state sponsorship

---

45 or 65 (with IELTS score of 8 in each section of the test) = Total

As you can see from the above, you will have to rely on state sponsorship and score 8 in each section of the general IELTS test in order to be able to qualify for the visa.

However, you should note that you will not be able to be sponsored by NSW, as this is one of the few states that is actually not currently sponsoring nurses. (Just about every other State is sponsoring.)

Further, you will have to take the academic IELTS test first and obtain 8 in each section in order to be able to apply for the skills assessment. If you score 8 in each section of that test, then you will be able to use the same test result for the visa application. But if you do not score 8 in each section you will have to take the general test (which is easier) to score the right points. (still 8 in each section)

Personally, I think ANMAC is a waste of time and money if you have AHPRA registration. ANMAC basically tells DIAC that the applicant's credential is equivalent to that of Australian nursing standards. So really, they're "questioning" those with AHPRA registration whether they're qualified or not, which in turn "questions" AHPRA's judgement. If they're waiving ANMAC for those with a job sponsor and 2 years Australian work experience, why not waive it for someone applying for an independent skilled visa with claims of Australian experience?

I'm registered with AHPRA and been working here in Australia for almost a year. I applied for ANMAC skills assessment last 25th of February and I'M STILL WAITING FOR THE LOD! And it's a MODIFIED ASSESSMENT!!!!!