Only gone and got myself a Clinical Nurse Job :) :)

Guest Nickyjrowland

Guest Nickyjrowland

Hi all,

I am sooo excited after sending my CV direct to potential employers in my nursing speciality I have successfully interviewed and been offered a clinical nurse job :). They are paying our first 4 weeks accommodation which we can choose and 4 weeks car hire!! I am sooo pleased as I thought I would have to go as a registered nurse first.

The only down side is we have to go by end October and I am dreading telling my mum and dad, the thought is making me miss them already :(

Nicky x

Congratulations on your job offer, October will be here before you know it.

It is natural to dread telling family that you are leaving, and yes you are going to miss them, however think of your new life, plus they can come for visits and you can proudly show them around.

Cheers

Karen

Guest Longtime Lurker

Well done you! Now the hard work begins ie sorting out a move to the other side of the world!

Well Done and Congratulations.

My parents have been fantastic throughout all this headache, but when I spoke my Mum today I could tell she was getting anxious about it all as it is now becoming an imminent possibility.

Good Luck. I am sure they will be really pleased and proud of you.

Hi all,

I am sooo excited after sending my CV direct to potential employers in my nursing speciality I have successfully interviewed and been offered a clinical nurse job :). They are paying our first 4 weeks accommodation which we can choose and 4 weeks car hire!! I am sooo pleased as I thought I would have to go as a registered nurse first.

The only down side is we have to go by end October and I am dreading telling my mum and dad, the thought is making me miss them already :(

Nicky x

Take some professional advice about your options.

Guest Nickyjrowland
Take some professional advice about your options.

Meaning? If you mean about visa's I already have a 176 stated sponsored visa granted.

Guest Nickyjrowland

Thank you everyone, I got my contract through today they are paying me as a CN level 2.4 so top of the banding, I cannot believe it :)

Breaking news to parents went better than expected but they are equally devastated because we are taking their grandchildren away :(

Congratulations first of all. My Mum was exactly the same, totally devastated as I was taking their only grand-daughter away and she said she would never do the flight. Surprise, surprise she was the first to book her flights and once she got here she said she could definatley see why we did it and was very proud of us. Hope your family will come visit you too. Good luck with getting packed up and starting your new life. Debbie

Meaning? If you mean about visa's I already have a 176 stated sponsored visa granted.

Then you do not have a problem. From the post I read, it looked as if you might be coming on a 457, which can result in problems and end in disaster. I advise most people who apply for 457 visas to prepare alternative strategies.

Guest Nickyjrowland
Then you do not have a problem. From the post I read, it looked as if you might be coming on a 457, which can result in problems and end in disaster. I advise most people who apply for 457 visas to prepare alternative strategies.

Thanks, that is why we opted for a 176 visa as we didn't want to move our family out I.e 2 little girls with out the security of knowing we could stay even if job wasn't what I expected long term.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived