457 Visa

cronemeister

Hi all

My moving date is getting ever closer...flying out early sept with the missus and the 2 kids following me 2 months later.

I've just had a thought about my visa though.

Do I need to get a paper copy of the visa put into our passports or is it all electronic.

I remember trying to look online at the time of getting my visa approval through but it was not very clear as it said something about certain countries did not require this but when I clicked on the link it told me to it just took me to a page with general information on and nothing specific.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi all

My moving date is getting ever closer...flying out early sept with the missus and the 2 kids following me 2 months later.

I've just had a thought about my visa though.

Do I need to get a paper copy of the visa put into our passports or is it all electronic.

I remember trying to look online at the time of getting my visa approval through but it was not very clear as it said something about certain countries did not require this but when I clicked on the link it told me to it just took me to a page with general information on and nothing specific.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi

I got my 457 visa yesterday and the instructions were to go and get a label at the nearest oz office. I 'll be going on monday morning and flying out monday evening. It could possibly be because I am originally from zimbabwe but am now a british citizen so not sure where that leaves you.

We have had 2 457's and didn't have a label in to enter the country. You can get it in the UK, but far easier to wander into the immi office here and 5 mins later walk out with it in.

Only 5 minutes in an immigration office? You have been lucky then, try queue for 90 minutes. :biggrin:

Easier to stick in an envelope and post to Australia House (if still in UK).

Only 5 minutes in an immigration office? You have been lucky then, try queue for 90 minutes. :biggrin:

Easier to stick in an envelope and post to Australia House (if still in UK).

Took us less then five minutes to get ours done in WA.

I don't think it's necessary to have a label for a 457, but it's definitely more useful having it for permanent residency as you are more likely have more reason to prove you are an Australian Resident than not.

It can help when on a 457 also when you need to sign up for any services over here. Not essential, but best to get it done.

I sent my passport off on monday with a copy of visa and a note to ask for it to be put in passport ( sent in silver envelope and with a silver envelope self addressed for return) got it back thursday morning - didnt cost a thing.. if you need the address to send it to pm me Marion :D

Archived