We've made it!!!!!!

fluffyhead

Arrived 5 days ago and still pinching ourselves. Yes we arrived jet lagged into Tassie winter but everyday we see and appreciate what we have achieved. We have been blown away by the friendliness and politeness of people we have met, even staff in government offices for example tax office are so polite and friendly.

We have seen some beautiful and dramatic scenery and have only covered a tiny part of the island. We ran around the second day in Hobart applying for a tax file number, registering with Medicare, applying for bank cards etc.

So excited to see our first Tasmanian devil today at the sanctuary. Will update in a few days when the manic phase slows down.

Hi fluffy

we have been here for two weeks now and have just moved into our new house in howrah really enjoying it so far although i am still at a loss why you guys dont have double glazing and better heating but thats just me my husband thinks im a reptile my bloods that cold. We are off looking for some furniture tomorrow to help fill our house its so much bigger than what we had in surrey. hope you guys continue to love it.

cass

i am still at a loss why you guys dont have double glazing and better heating but thats just me my husband thinks im a reptile my bloods that cold.

I've been thinking about that, too. Maybe because there has been a continual housing shortage since the end of WW2 - so putting up some sort of house was more important than a house with all the creature comforts? Lots of people retrofitting double glazing now, though.

Don't hesitate to ask if you have questions about Hobart (I live here too).

Arrived 5 days ago and still pinching ourselves. Yes we arrived jet lagged into Tassie winter but everyday we see and appreciate what we have achieved. We have been blown away by the friendliness and politeness of people we have met, even staff in government offices for example tax office are so polite and friendly.

We have seen some beautiful and dramatic scenery and have only covered a tiny part of the island. We ran around the second day in Hobart applying for a tax file number, registering with Medicare, applying for bank cards etc.

So excited to see our first Tasmanian devil today at the sanctuary. Will update in a few days when the manic phase slows down.

So glad to hear that your first experiences have been so positive. I live in Hobart, so don't hesitate to ask if you have queries about the place.

Hi fluffy

we have been here for two weeks now and have just moved into our new house in howrah really enjoying it so far although i am still at a loss why you guys dont have double glazing and better heating but thats just me my husband thinks im a reptile my bloods that cold. We are off looking for some furniture tomorrow to help fill our house its so much bigger than what we had in surrey. hope you guys continue to love it.

cass

Be Sure to check out gowans auctions at Moonah for your furniture, you can pick up some bargains there and also economy warehouse, it'defo worth a look at and it's handily just over the road room gowans auctions.

My barbers is also just a little bit further down the road so give me a wave if you go past, it's called jacko's clip joint.

Chris xx

Archived