Here we go!!! EOI LIVE

bubbe2005

It is not accepting our password. This is why we were confused with the "Pass Phrase" and it said we would receive an email, but nothing has arrived! I have also tried to change the password without success.

I have gone onto their tech page and it says that SkillSelect is currently closed.

Is anyone else experiencing problems?

A good start, but have come to expect this efficiency now:wink:

Sorry candygirl.

I know I did not get an email from skillselect with a password, I remember creating my password which became my passphrase, and a username was generated from skillselect that I had to note down.

I have just completed mine...

The user ID is the E000000XXXX generated and the password is the one selected in creating an account.

I chose the Employer sponsored visas, as suggested, to increase my chances to be contacted by an Employer...

However, I was able to beat the deadline and hope to get the 175 visa some time in the future months/next year...

Guest yafetberhe
mine was around the 300's

300s!!!! wow. I'm STILL struggling to get through! I can't believe this. My ID was originally in the 3000s but by now it'll be up in the 7000s :unsure:

Am I correct that I can't complete my EOI until my skills assessment comes back. Hopefully not long now!!

you can lodge your EOI, but it will be draft like me WITHOUT a skills assessment, if you have your skills assessment receipt or reference number I think your EOI will be marked as COMPLETE. But because I said I don't have a skills assessment, my EOI status is noted as DRAFT. I am okay with this, because I will apply for my skills to be assessed.

you can lodge your EOI, but it will be draft like me WITHOUT a skills assessment, if you have your skills assessment receipt or reference number I think your EOI will be marked as COMPLETE. But because I said I don't have a skills assessment, my EOI status is noted as DRAFT. I am okay with this, because I will apply for my skills to be assessed.

Thanks for that, I will try and do it later when the baby is in bed. Just checked and my skills assessment is complete, now just need to wait on the letter arriving in the post.

Guest yafetberhe

QUESTION: When I choose the visa types, I select a 190 because I want states to look at my EOI. But at step 12, it says that the clients claims equal 70 points. This isn't true because I don't have any SS! When I unselect 190, I no longer am given the option be viewed by all states. Can someone make sense out of this??????????? Thank you!

UPDATE: My EOI is in! Only took me three hours haha.

I may have submitted my EOI BUT I still need to get my skills assessed ASAP else no employer or state will invite me to apply for a visa, let a lone see your EOI application from the skillselect database.

"If you are unable to complete an EOI for any subclass you have selected, your EOI will remain incomplete in SkillSelect for 2 years. During this time, you can return to update your information at any stage. While your EOI is incomplete, you cannot receive an invitation for a visa, or be seen or considered in SkillSelect by employers or by Australian state or territory governments."

Lucky for those who already have a successful skills assessment.

Lodging an EoI before you have a skills assessment is most unwise.

As (I suspect) is selecting more than one State - particularly if a State Government can see you are not committed to them.

Best regards.

As (I suspect) is selecting more than one State - particularly if a State Government can see you are not committed to them.

I do not understand why there is a mad rush to lodge EoIs - can someone enlighten me?

Best regards.

I'm pretty sure I'm the only person lodging an EOI WITHOUT having a skills assessment lol

QUESTION: When I choose the visa types, I select a 190 because I want states to look at my EOI. But at step 12, it says that the clients claims equal 70 points. This isn't true because I don't have any SS! When I unselect 190, I no longer am given the option be viewed by all states. Can someone make sense out of this??????????? Thank you!

The system will automatically add 5 points if you also choose 190(i assume you have selected 189 as well), nothing to worry about!!!

Best regards.

Absolutely, for e.g. QLD clearly says that EOIs where applicants have selected only QLD will be processed first and then they will look at other EOIs where people have chosen sponsorship by any state.

Have finally managed to lodge our EOI. We were in the 4000's

As we are awaiting skills assessment we are also open to employer sponsors contacting us thus why we have put what state we want.

Remember, you need to update your EOI once you have more information etc.

I have just completed mine...

The user ID is the E000000XXXX generated and the password is the one selected in creating an account.

I chose the Employer sponsored visas, as suggested, to increase my chances to be contacted by an Employer...

However, I was able to beat the deadline and hope to get the 175 visa some time in the future months/next year...

Mines is in the high 7000's

UPDATE: My EOI is in! Only took me three hours haha.

My EOI doesn't show me any point, probably because I've just selected my interest in Employer Sponsored Visa?

Guest yafetberhe
My EOI doesn't show me any point, probably because I've just selected my interest in Employer Sponsored Visa?

You're correct on that one. I applied for the same thing, as well as a 190 and a 189 (may have mixed up that number). Only those two had points shown.

Btw, how did it feel paying a king's ransom for the 175? I'm dreading that day!

No word of a lie. I typed in all my scores (8.5, 9, 7.5, 9) and they calculated the final score at 7.5, in stead of the 8.5 overall I received from IELTS. If you click one of those tiny question mark symbols, it explains everything.

Still trying on SKILLSELECT! It's crazy how backed up it is.

The points for IELTS are based upon meeting a particular score in all four bands, they do not look at the overall score (and never have).

So you won't be able to get 20 points as you don't have all 8s and they have logged the lowest score as that is what you will get points for, all 7s in this case.

Guest yafetberhe
The points for IELTS are based upon meeting a particular score in all four bands, they do not look at the overall score (and never have).

So you won't be able to get 20 points as you don't have all 8s and they have logged the lowest score as that is what you will get points for, all 7s in this case.

Yeah, that I already know. It was just funny how they took a snapshot of my lowest score like that. I've actually been debating whether or not to take the IELTS again just for that additional 10 points. I really felt horribly marked for the writing section despite my performance in the other portions of the exam. Still thinking about it...

Yeah, that I already know. It was just funny how they took a snapshot of my lowest score like that. I've actually been debating whether or not to take the IELTS again just for that additional 10 points. I really felt horribly marked for the writing section despite my performance in the other portions of the exam. Still thinking about it...

Well in effect, the marking does go off the lowest score, so it seems to make perfect sense.

You're correct on that one. I applied for the same thing, as well as a 190 and a 189 (may have mixed up that number). Only those two had points shown.

Btw, how did it feel paying a king's ransom for the 175? I'm dreading that day!

Yes, it's a big deal of money, I hope it will be a good investment. :wink:

But I tried to beat the deadline at any cost!

• 5 weeks later...
No luck here. SkillSelect keeps getting a 500 Server Error on my end. Must be too many people on it. Very frustrating!

It turns out the system keeps getting the 500 Server Error, because of the browser. I used Chrome and had the same problem, once used Internet Explorer it worked out well.

Archived