457 Visa Application.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations Rachel. Can I ask what profession you are in? It seems random that some people are asked to do it and some are not. Same with police clearance. But perhaps it's not random and more to do with the job you are being sponsored for as someone has suggested on this forum?

Hi. I'm a nurse. Going on a 457 initially until our 175 comes through. I didn't need a police clearance with the 457 (but do for our 175). I needed full medical, chest xray, hep b and hep c blood tests.

Guest trasi
Hi. I'm a nurse. Going on a 457 initially until our 175 comes through. I didn't need a police clearance with the 457 (but do for our 175). I needed full medical, chest xray, hep b and hep c blood tests.

Hi Rachel

Do you mind me asking why you didnt need a police clearance ?

Im also a nurse going over on a 457 and we had to do them :huh:

xx

Hi Rachel

xx

Who knows?! Ours has been granted without one as we now have our grant letters (arrived today). Are you using a migration agent?

Hi Rachel

xx

I have been told I do not need one either for my 457 ( nurse as well) but I had sent mine off and got it back today so should they change their minds I have it ready to scan.. If not I shall put it with ielts I didnt need either... sigh...

Hi dansi, we are with BUPA too. I did it over the phone directly with BUPA Australia and they emailed me the certificate within half an hour. They advised i just need to inform BUPA UK before our actual move and they will transfer any previous records over. Are you arranging via BUPA UK?

I stupidly sorted mine out on bupa.com.au. had no contact yet just waiting for the payment to be taken

Guest Alice2
I stupidly sorted mine out on bupa.com.au. had no contact yet just waiting for the payment to be taken

:(

Is it worth calling them tomorrow night? I think they start at 8 in the morning. They are really helpful on the phone and took my payment over the phone. Good luck! X

Hi folks,Who did yous nurses book your medicals with

I had to indicate which clinic i preferred when i lodged application so have picked the brentwood one and medical next saturday- £375 as have to have blood tests as well as medical and x ray

Guest trasi

yet to book mine yet, but will search around for the cheapest, as there are 6 of us :sad:

Bridgewater quoted me £260, i will have to weigh up the possibility of travelling to get a good deal x

you have a choice on list they are all the same price for individual for medical as far as all the ones i telephoned but if you are a nurse you have to have hep b and hep c blood tests which are another 80 odd quid- I didnt ask about families but i think they do a special rate- its a lot of money no matter what isnt it? I had better pass!

Guest trasi

im not sure if this is right (bear in mind i did police clearance and others didnt), but all my family that are coming over on my 457 have to have the medical...... the kids do, if they are going to be in a classroom environment for more than 3 months. However, tho they need a medical they dont need a 'full' medical, but still costs ££££££££££

i got the form through from the clinic this morning confirming my appointment and from what i can see on it looks like you are right trasi, I am astounded at how much I have spent so far so deep respect to anyone having to pay for family and children etc.. hence eating salads and sitting in on a saturday night I really do not want to fail this medical and have to repay for another one!

i got the form through from the clinic this morning confirming my appointment and from what i can see on it looks like you are right trasi, I am astounded at how much I have spent so far so deep respect to anyone having to pay for family and children etc.. hence eating salads and sitting in on a saturday night I really do not want to fail this medical and have to repay for another one!

With that attitude you deserve to get a Visa. Good Luck with the Meds Lorraine xx

Guest trasi

im dreading it to be honest and would be so gutted if any of us fail :(

Good luck all, lets us know how you get on xx

im dreading it to be honest and would be so gutted if any of us fail :(

Good luck all, lets us know how you get on xx

oh me too! ( mine is next saturday if I am not sectioned into a pysche ward before this!!! )good luck and let me know how it goes x

:(

Is it worth calling them tomorrow night? I think they start at 8 in the morning. They are really helpful on the phone and took my payment over the phone. Good luck! X

Was thinking that, I did try on Friday but my details hadn't been put on the system yet. They are open mad hours at the moment due to a change in legislation and playing catch up. It's this bit that is keeping me up at night at the moment lol....