457 Visa Application.

Im going to knightsbridge now. Told if its an e-visa (which it is) no forms or photos needed ........ grrrrrrrr confusing.com

We needed one photo which they kept and they took our photo. We had to do a health questionnaire before too. Very confusing!

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest trasi

ahh thank you..... think i'll take everything just incase...

out of interest rachel, how long have you waited for your visa..

The immigration system has crashed and my future employers are having problems lodging the visa..... immigration have said it should be up and running soon, but still adds to the delay :cry:

ahh thank you..... think i'll take everything just incase...

out of interest rachel, how long have you waited for your visa..

The immigration system has crashed and my future employers are having problems lodging the visa..... immigration have said it should be up and running soon, but still adds to the delay :cry:

Our 457 took 3 weeks from lodging. We had problems too cos the ehealth system went down for a week so they couldn't upload our medicals. I knew things had gone very quiet at the minute, so that must why. I used my employers migration agent in oz and he kept pushing my co, so I think that helped too. Good luck, it shouldn't take too long x

Guest trasi

ahh great thank you. Yeah my employers migration agent is fab..... takes no nonsense, so i have no doubt she'll be pushing.....shes constantly calling immigration now.

They'll prob give me my visa in 48 hours just to shut her up ha ha :laugh:

Felt I needed to share my excitement with you, now we've had our 457 grant, we've booked our flights and fly on 10th August!

Congratulations rachaelm0 on getting your visa. Wishing you a safe journey Down Under - good luck :biggrin:

ahh great thank you. Yeah my employers migration agent is fab..... takes no nonsense, so i have no doubt she'll be pushing.....shes constantly calling immigration now.

They'll prob give me my visa in 48 hours just to shut her up ha ha :laugh:

I've seen that work for other peeps on here trasi - the COs get so fed up they issue the grant :yes:

Hi all,

Silly question time!!! what do I need to track progress of my application?

As I understand it my employers nom has already been done and my paperwork is winging it's way to Aus as we speak. I have had limited contact from my agent and CO and haven't been given any sort of ID for visa app.

Cheers

Simon

How did you find it? Better or Worse than you were expecting. I know you were incredibly nervous about it.

Let's hope you hear very soon.

ok it was an experience! some of the tests i was suprised how minimal they seemed - like look at back of throat and check ears, get on scales, listen to chest bp , read a line on an eye chart.., touch my toes and squat... others seem to bring the 'health is serious' button like a breast screen and chest x rays etc.. all in all they were really nice and i think all was good :D

ok it was an experience! some of the tests i was suprised how minimal they seemed - like look at back of throat and check ears, get on scales, listen to chest bp , read a line on an eye chart.., touch my toes and squat... others seem to bring the 'health is serious' button like a breast screen and chest x rays etc.. all in all they were really nice and i think all was good :D

Squat - really???? Surely, they gave you a little plastic cup first:confused:

Hi all,

Silly question time!!! what do I need to track progress of my application?

As I understand it my employers nom has already been done and my paperwork is winging it's way to Aus as we speak. I have had limited contact from my agent and CO and haven't been given any sort of ID for visa app.

Cheers

Simon

Simon,

Follow the link and it shows the the page for DIAC online tracking, thats what you require to enter it.

https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/inquiry/query/query.do?action=eVisa

They looked in my husband's mouth/throat, felt lymphs, tested reflexes but didn't do any of that with me he just palpated my abdomen and listened to my chest. Didn't have to squat, bend etc...good thing really as my back had given in the night prior and I did my best to hide the pain!

Hi friends of Australia!

Reading your posts with trepidation, and thought I'd join in as I'm in the same limbo! My online application currently stands as:

28/06/2012 Application received - processing commenced

28/06/2012 Application fee received

04/07/2012 Application being processed further

Well here I sit, checking the online system about 20 times a day for the magical and elusive Visa Approved status, and thinking that maybe their system updates more than once a day.

My migration agent told me processing time was 2-4 weeks when they submitted my application online, well 2 weeks is up...and I don't know what is being processed further?!

As my employer wasn't a sponsor, I've already been through 3 months of waiting for them to get approved - didn't realise it was so stressful, but obviously well worth the wait if the dream comes true :)

Hope we all hear something soon! x

I think i must be going mad. Woke up this morning and checked the online status to see if we had visa approval, to then realise its Saturday morning here so late afternoon there. Pretty sure DIAC don't work on a Saturday. :err:

Hopefully next week will bring good news as it's now been 3 weeks. Anyone get good news last week or are we all still waiting to hear?