457 Visa Application.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest guest71686

best wishes, mine was last year so may have changed but approval time is very heavily influence by whether employer is a approved sponsor or not in my experience. Total process for me was 8 months (7 1/2 to get sponsor/nomination approved, 2 weeks for visa!)

Guest Alice2

Thanks. Nomination was approved yesterday but case officer does not seem to have been assigned yet so was wondering about time line. :-0

Oh, I submitted on Wednesday right after employer's submission.

Guest Alice2

Congratulations Rachel. Can I ask what profession you are in? It seems random that some people are asked to do it and some are not. Same with police clearance. But perhaps it's not random and more to do with the job you are being sponsored for as someone has suggested on this forum?

If your in medical or planning to wrk with children you will require a medical, if you have been abroad for more than 3 months in 3rd world type countries they like you to have a chest x-ray. That is what i was informed anyway.

Edited by Greggers68
spelling

I'm still waiting...... My employer is already an approved sponsor with the roles. Won't need a medical or police check as I understand it as am a mechanic. They have requested my Medical insurance paperwork before they proceed with the visa.... fingers crossed

Guest trasi

i have been advised that currently 457's are taking 4-6 weeks.

been interesting to hear if people get theirs back before then

xx

Guest Alice2

Hi dansi, we are with BUPA too. I did it over the phone directly with BUPA Australia and they emailed me the certificate within half an hour. They advised i just need to inform BUPA UK before our actual move and they will transfer any previous records over. Are you arranging via BUPA UK?