Dry roasted peanuts (like the KP ones!)

MCFC

Howdy,

so...we are just starting the third week in Brisbane now. Managed to find a place to live and ill be starting work in a week. Credit card has been getting hammered with buying all the domestic stuff : Fridge, washing machine, microwave, bed, mattress, sofas, tables & chairs ... etc

onto my point... I got cravings of the dry roasted peanuts (like the KP ones from back in the UK). Alas I cannot find any dry roasted peanuts in all the places i have been (coles, woolies, aldi etc...) let alone the KP variety. Anyone around the Brisbane area know somewhere that sells them?

thanks!

haha... no not pregnant (well at least i hope i am not - I dont think my man plumbing downstairs is geared up for a baby-sized object being excreted)

I did see the Nobby's nuts, but alas they were all plain salted nuts or dry roasted almonds / cashew / macademia etc. I'll take a look in BWS, hopefully they will have something that tickles my fancy.

thanks!

There's such a variety of roasted/flavoured/coated nuts you're spoiled for choice but can understand the craving! That's got me hankering after the salt & vinegar dry roasted, think they were KP and not sure whether you can even still get 'em. They were wicked with a few pints o' cider!

I would suggest you try one of the varieties of roasted macadamia though, even if it doesn't help the craving. The Queensland nut - the king of nuts!!

I have looked every where for dry roasted peanuts. I've been here for 4 years and rely on people fetching them when then go/come on holiday and also from friends who have rellies in NZ. Yes they sell them in NZ.

This is really sad. I emailed Smiths, who own Knobbys and said about all the UK, NZ and European (I have bought them in France) people and there must be a market for them. They replied by saying they sold them years ago and the market for them got less and less so they decided to stop making them! They also told me that they are stopping making "nude nuts".

So sorry. Your going to have to import them. :(

• 6 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...