Head Banging

Candygirl

I am just sitting here thinking how do other people cope with the head banging that is the Australian Visa Process? I cannot have a drink or eat some nice chocs or cake as I am following S World at the moment.

How do you cope with it all and what do you do to make things seem less daunting?

Guest AKA63029
I am just sitting here thinking how do other people cope with the head banging that is the Australian Visa Process? I cannot have a drink or eat some nice chocs or cake as I am following S World at the moment.

How do you cope with it all and what do you do to make things seem less daunting?

The 'Wait' can be agonizing Candy.:mad:

At least when I applied it was a little easier, now, I would go insane, just try and think of the end result matey.

Cheers Tony.

The waiting is not sooo bad Tony, it's the head banging against brick walls and jumping over hurdles too high that is the worst:biggrin:

We skyped OH's uncle in Rockhampton last night and he was in shock at how difficult things are now compared to years ago.

I feel like I am a one woman crusader at the moment to get a visa. I will do everything I physically and mentally can to get us there again.

Oh it is terrible we flew through the vetassess, we are now stuck waiting on IELTS the time between sitting the damn thing can be 4/5 weeks another 2 weeks for result had been fine all along, not worried about skillselect as going for SS once you have that you get an automatic invite, major concern at the moment that nobody seems to know the ansewr to is will WA take any occupations of their SOL?.Causing us a lot of grief at present if we get all 8's on Friday were in and laughing everthing is ready to go but if we get removed from list after 1st July were done for unless we get on another state list.Dont want to go any were else as our best friends are in perth awaiting our arrival hopefully/TBH some days im ok othere nerves are shot not gonna lie cant relax until this new list is updated for WA on 1st july or we get the all take over you life result tomorrow !!

For what it is worth, our skills agent reckons WA's list won't change much, but not too much longer to wait now I wouldn't have thought.

Ah the stress of the IELTS - a walk in the park compared to getting through TRA skills assessment. At each stage, you think the next stage must be easier surely, ha ha little do you realise, you take one more step into the Abyss.

Good Luck with your results.

Guest AKA63029
The waiting is not sooo bad Tony, it's the head banging against brick walls and jumping over hurdles too high that is the worst:biggrin:

We skyped OH's uncle in Rockhampton last night and he was in shock at how difficult things are now compared to years ago.

I feel like I am a one woman crusader at the moment to get a visa. I will do everything I physically and mentally can to get us there again.

I've read time and again on here Candy about how difficult it is now.

I applied way back in 91, wasn't easy, but DEFINITELY easier than now matey.

My heartfelt wishes for you Candy.

I was wondering the exact same thing!!!

We're neither here nor there!! Its driving me crazy. I received my positive skills assessment and done Ielts and currently have 60 points, but re-sitting Ielts for 8's in every band. Meaning that currently we don't have enough points, but under skillselect we will....So we wait.....

I think the process is designed to teach impatient people like me P.A.T.I.E.N.C.E :wub:

go for a run/swim and try to think LONG term.... try to remember no matter what happens you will always make your personal situation work for you.. dont grasp at this dream to tightly. try some mindfulness practices to enjoy whats right here in front of you

[video=youtube_share;5GSeWdjyr1c]

I was wondering the exact same thing!!!

We're neither here nor there!! Its driving me crazy. I received my positive skills assessment and done Ielts and currently have 60 points, but re-sitting Ielts for 8's in every band. Meaning that currently we don't have enough points, but under skillselect we will....So we wait.....

I think the process is designed to teach impatient people like me P.A.T.I.E.N.C.E :wub:

Yes you should be fine with skill select as long as you remain on an SOL good luck!!

Thanks Aussie bound, I do believe that as long as our occupations are on the new combined SOL we should be fine. In fact I'm very positive about skillselect.

I must admit that the worst wait was for the skills assessment it felt like forever but now that is over I can't remember WHY. I suppose it will be like that with everything during the process. Its amazing how patient I have become.

In the meantime life goes on:biggrin:

Thanks Aussie bound, I do believe that as long as our occupations are on the new combined SOL we should be fine. In fact I'm very positive about skillselect.

I must admit that the worst wait was for the skills assessment it felt like forever but now that is over I can't remember WHY. I suppose it will be like that with everything during the process. Its amazing how patient I have become.

In the meantime life goes on:biggrin:

Hi Leslie your right, life does go on amazing really we had no probs at all with skills assessment approved for practical after a few working days OH went to London and really enjoyed the whole process we had no concerns at all about the outcome.IELTS is a problem as OH under-estimated how difficult it can be, first time totally winged it no study no books, put a lot of effort in this time so hopefully all ok, dont want to sound too moany have a good life, live in a great area my children are healthy great schools not far from the nearest beach even thou its freezing!! we have a lot to be thankful for but we have our hearts set to go even if its just for a few years before it is too late.Patience def is a virtue and those that have a lot are the lucky one's in this waiting game.

• 2 weeks later...

Good Luck with your IELTS Leslie.

We have rec'd an email from TRA today (waited since 20 June for a response) to say that our query has been passed to the section for action. So, it looks like more waiting for them to respond:mad:

We have rec'd an email from TRA today (waited since 20 June for a response) to say that our query has been passed to the section for action. So, it looks like more waiting for them to respond:mad:

wallbash.gif

Hope it helps

Cheers, Bobj.

Hi

I was just wondering how everybody is doing? :wink:

A new waiting session has started. Re-did IELTS on Saturday, lodged EOI Sunday and now we wait again!

:rolleyes:

Luckily I have a busy week ahead.

Hi Leslie great to hear you have the ball rolling , OH got average 8 from IELTS and with the points drop to 60 and occupation still on csol,we can now apply for regional state sponsored all docs sent to agent still waiting on their filing dept to get back to me even though they have the bulk of the docs sent 2weeks ago.Ielts and revenue records scanned yesterday morning.They are a big company most of the time I ring same answer virtually no response from emails they had been great up to about two weeks before july deadline, since then service very poor, so seems one dilemma ends another one begins but trying to be patient !!

Guest Guest66881

I am well pissed now, sorry to jump in but i help this atleats puts a smile on your face.

Could be good news Lorraine stay positive x

i always take ages to decide something and then i just get on with it.. so the process for ahpra and the job and the 457 have really all been relatively smooth.. I also do sw and i eat all the things I like ( I am never synless!) sometimes out comes the headphones, laptop, youtube and some heavy rock music ( not very girly I know) and sometimes i go to the gym and pound that treadmill till i am too tired to think.. but mostly i have no time for anything as am always on google looking up rentals etc.. and on fb and on here!! ( oh inbetween I have a mega job!) x

Could be good news Lorraine stay positive x

I really hope so. We could do with some news. I am beginning to think they don't want the likes of us over there:wink:

We honestly thought each stage would get easier - deluded!!!!!

I am well pissed now, sorry to jump in but i help this atleats puts a smile on your face.

Could we have the real Paul back now please - all is forgiven!!

I used to laugh my socks off each morn when I saw your new avatar - this week you have really given me the heebee jeebees with toe nails (or lack of) and now Hannibal and his Chianti liver.

Candygirl I know what you mean about wanting to bang your head at all the bureaucracy.

I do have to confess though :embarrassed: I did start to read this thread thinking it was about AC/DC, Black Sabbath and Motorhead and needed an air guitar to join in! :rolleyes:

Candygirl I know what you mean about wanting to bang your head at all the bureaucracy.

I do have to confess though :embarrassed: I did start to read this thread thinking it was about AC/DC, Black Sabbath and Motorhead and needed an air guitar to join in! :rolleyes:

:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Guest scrumpy

If you keep banging youre head hard enough again and again, it will only hurt when you stop.

So keep going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived