Singapore Airlines

LouiseS

I am flying out with sa in dec to validate my visas and have 20kg standard baggage. Can I ask, when we as a family fly back out next year one way only to live in oz, can we have a 40kg baggage allowance even tho we have activated our visas?

Not wanting to hijack the thread by the way.

We booked sa as our friends flew with them last year to oz and said they where fantastic.

Emirates or Singapore ....booking my flight for August...and anyone know if its double the baggage allowance on a temp Prostective Marriage visa ???

No its not.

A permanent unvalidated visa. The prospective marriage visa is not it.

I am flying out with sa in dec to validate my visas and have 20kg standard baggage. Can I ask, when we as a family fly back out next year one way only to live in oz, can we have a 40kg baggage allowance even tho we have activated our visas?

Not wanting to hijack the thread by the way.

Nope you can't.

You will have activated it already, so your chance to use the migrant allowance will be gone. Permanent unvalidated visa.

Look at flying with Emirates as they give 30kg as standard iirc or shipping the excess as air freight or some such.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi we flew from manchester 2 perth in nov last year with singapore airlines. We flew 2 munic, gt of, reboarded, flew 2 singapore, got of reboarded, then on 2 perth.

They are a top class airline food , staff everything fantastic, u get so much food snacks drinks, ur stuffed lol. Highly remomend u fly with them x

that's the flight i have with them but to brissy :)

I went on the Singapore website yesterday, as I often do to check flight prices.

I was told that it would cost me £15K+ for 3 adults and 1 child to fly one way from Dublin to Darwin or Perth midweek in September, economy seats.

I went to skyscanner and found similar seats for less than £3K

Is there something wrong with their website?? Or are they that popular?? :eek:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Trueblue22

I think I remember seeing a thread on here saying that SA had taken the economy seats out of the upper deck?
HiI booked my flights on Sunday for Oct with SIA. I am flying economy and have a seat on the upper deck of A380, I hope they're not changing this :(

Guest Trueblue22
I went on the Singapore website yesterday, as I often do to check flight prices.

I was told that it would cost me £15K+ for 3 adults and 1 child to fly one way from Dublin to Darwin or Perth midweek in September, economy seats.

I've been trying for weeks!!! No joy, the search just doesn't work??? I went through Skyscanner and booked with Travelbag. Booking like this means you cannot go on the SIA website and select seats without paying, but I called SIA direct once I'd booked my flights and they reserved seats for me over the phone free of charge.

Zoe :)

Guest Longtime Lurker

Just received an email from Singapore Airlines increasing their daily flights.

"Singapore Airlines is very pleased to announce the introduction of a fourth flight from London Heathrow to Singapore commencing September 2012, going daily from October 2012.

Our fourth service will be operated by a Boeing 777-300 aircraft, which features our latest products.

This will complement the existing three times daily A380 service".

We booked with skyscanner i think....not sure now actually could have been net flights.....we also couldn't pick our seats but looked on the singapore website and had only 3 single available seats...so hoping it doesn't mean we're sat apart....we shall see tomorrow!

15k for 4 one ways? definately something up!!

Sometimes they put 'fake prices' on whilst they are working out the new prices, say for example they have 30 seats at £900, once they are gone and they are working out a price for the next 30 seats a fake price is put in, same happens right at the end of the available booking period, 12 months from now

FYI ive just gone to SIA website, 3 Adults, 1 child, one-way Dublin to Perth on 12th September 2012, Total price 2691 euros

EI154 Aer Lingus (Airbus A320) Economy

Departs Dublin (DUB) 07:30 (12 Sep) Dublin Terminal 2

Arrives London (LHR) 09:05 (12 Sep) Heathrow Terminal 1

Flying time Updating... Total travel time 24hrs 10mins

SQ317 Singapore Airlines (Airbus Industrie A380-800) Economy

Departs London (LHR) 11:30 (12 Sep) Heathrow Terminal 3

Arrives Singapore (SIN) 07:20 (13 Sep) Changi Intl

Flying time Updating... Layover time 2hrs 10mins

SQ223 Singapore Airlines (Boeing 777-300) Economy

Departs Singapore (SIN) 09:30 (13 Sep) Changi Intl Terminal 3

Arrives Perth (PER) 14:40 (13 Sep) Perth Intl Terminal 1

Flying time Updating... Total travel time 24hrs 10mins