176 Lodged June 2012

Guest Kimberlyusa

Liz

Have you checked with WA to check that they did actually submit the form to the DIAC for you? We had to fill and sign a form, return it to our agent, which was then emailed back to WA who then told the DIAC out State Sponsorship had been approved. Might be worth going back, just to double check that this did actually happen. If it did, you may have grounds for an appeal.

Doesn't make sense otherwise.

Carolyn

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hooraayyyy!!!! We have our Visa granted today!!!! this morning. I have being logging into the system like zombie day and night even on Sunday (though Immi not working). This morning when i logged in early morning, still no update yet - less than 3 hours later, it was approved and updated!............ we are so happy now......though now the start of the journey actually begins.......

Next week going to the new school in my country to bridge my two boys to the Australian school system as we plan to move to ACT early Q1 next year...... We plan to make a trip there in 2-3 months time to finalise some operational matters i.e housing, schools, banking etc etc.

Thanks a lot to all the support and info sharing from all you guys here. To those not yet being assigned a CO or pending grant decision - success is always through patience!! But for sure one thing, eat, dream and breathe the Immi website to keep the spirit up :):angel_happy_face_ha

Congratulations! Excellent news. Get those flights booked!

We've done it all through an agent so getting them to look into it today. I presume they would have done all of that!

I really hope that they manage to get it sorted out for you.

Best wishes

Carolyn

Liz

Have you checked with WA to check that they did actually submit the form to the DIAC for you? We had to fill and sign a form, return it to our agent, which was then emailed back to WA who then told the DIAC out State Sponsorship had been approved. Might be worth going back, just to double check that this did actually happen. If it did, you may have grounds for an appeal.

Doesn't make sense otherwise.

Carolyn

I assume they would have done all of this but I will double check!

Guest ritz2044
Hi Ritesh,

Actually there is no thumb rule which dictates so as within how many days you will be allocated a CO.......I'm from May gang and we have members who are still awaiting for CO for almost 6 weeks now.........hope this helps........

Hi,

Could you please help with PCC procedure and what sort of test can one expect in medicals..

Thanks,

ritesh Soni

Hi,

Could you please help with PCC procedure and what sort of test can one expect in medicals..

Thanks,

ritesh Soni

Hello

If you go to the DIAC website and look up the medical forms, they will give you all the information about what will be checked. As far as Police Checks go, you need to have them done for every country you have lived in for more than 12 months over the last 10 years.

Regards

Carolyn

I'm confused too! I think its reidiculous! Why did they have a 1st July date they might aswell have just changed it on anyday!

This is what they said "If you have received this email and your application is not family sponsored, it is because a state or territory nomination has either not been provided by the state or territory agency or the nomination has not been accepted by the department. Until such time as this occurs your application is not considered to be state or territory nominated, and will be allocated in line with family sponsored skilled migration cases."

My occupation is HR Advisor which is on the the WA list!

To me is sounds like only 1 thing. WA have either not sent your form 1100 or the DIAC have not received it. You have 12 weeks from the date the state grants you sponsorship to the date they have to send the from 1100. An email will be received that will confirm a form 1100 has been sent on your behalf to the DIAC.

If you used an agent cr@p all over them and ensure that they ask the state to send your 1100 to the DIAC. I read another visa post of an off list nomination (not on SOL 1 or 2) but that the state needed the skill for a regional sponsorship. The guy received a similar type email to you. He then contacted the state, they said they had resent it and he got confirmation from DIAC and his visa went back into processing. So there is hope for both of you with those letters. Get onto it, throw some toys if need be and ensure your form 1100 are sent.

Hi, I'm in the exact same boat as you - got the same email. I'm calling DIAC and Victoria early morning to find out what's going on.

Keep me posted on how you get on.

We've done it all through an agent so getting them to look into it today. I presume they would have done all of that!

Both. You'll get an email from the CO asking for whatever is still outstanding (e.g. PCCs, meds) and on eVisa it will say "application being processed further". You will probably also see another line on eVisa saying "e-mail sent to you".

Do you think my visas agent will have got an e-mail as on my file for a 176 visa it states 'Processing commenced' and meds etc are all down as outstanding.

I have an agent that is not that great at contacting you so I have been doing a lot of chasing!

Do you think my visas agent will have got an e-mail as on my file for a 176 visa it states 'Processing commenced' and meds etc are all down as outstanding.

I have an agent that is not that great at contacting you so I have been doing a lot of chasing!

Processing commenced means that you dont yet have a CO. Processing commenced further is the message that you get when you get a CO. They do also not necessarily email you to tell you that they are processing. You are only likely to get the email when they need something, like medicals etc. If you have front loaded then the it could be even longer before they contact you. So I dont think you would have got an email. Most of us in the June gang are in your same boat, but in the last week and today lots has happened.

Congratulations to all those getting case officers and grants today - it seems like they've been very busy at DIAC all of a sudden!! Hoping they'll now keep up the momentum for everyone else!

I am mistaken the system is working and we have a CO - Yeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy x

We have a CO!!!!! Finally all our documents have been 'met' just meds and police checks to go!!

I have just received the golden notification! The grant !

YES, YES, YES!!! CO finally assigned. Been assigned to team 2 which is great. Just a couple of docs required and then the final piece of the puzzle. Soooooo excited!! All the best to everyone. For those not assigned yet, hang in there.

Hooraayyyy!!!! We have our Visa granted today!!!! this morning.

We also got assigned our case officer this morning :ssign19:- hubby kept saying "I think you'd better check your emails!!" We have been assigned to Team 2. On the DIAC website it says'application being processed further' and with the document checklist, all are 'met' apart from police checks and medicals. They are the only things being requested from the CO. Very excited! - this is the beginning of the end of a veeeerrryyy long process!

Can i ask, particularly those with case officers, looking again at the automatic email sent when we lodged the visa to confirm lodgement, it say documents to download, which include form 80 and form 1221, has anyone filled these in and uploaded before receiveing case officer? thanks i havnt done, as others have said not everyone has to do them? but now i am wondering if this is what is holding up having a case officer? thanks :ssign14:

Wendy, we haven't filled in Form 80 or Form 1221 and our Case Officer hasn't asked for them either. Just going to wait and see if it's asked for. They've only asked for the police & med checks (forms 160EH and 26EH).

Help needed!

We have a CO and have been asdked to book medical and get police checks. We have a list of clinics for medicals but we are trying to use the ehealth route but the instructions we are being given from theclinic arent making any sense as to how we fill in the required forms onlin? Please help, I am bored of confusing Oz processes!!!

Hi, I'm in the exact same boat as you - got the same email. I'm calling DIAC and Victoria early morning to find out what's going on.

Keep me posted on how you get on.

Will do, I have spoken to our agent and she thinks its a mistake and is looking into it for us! Not going to get excited though yet!

Guest PBrady
Can i ask, particularly those with case officers, looking again at the automatic email sent when we lodged the visa to confirm lodgement, it say documents to download, which include form 80 and form 1221, has anyone filled these in and uploaded before receiveing case officer? thanks i havnt done, as others have said not everyone has to do them? but now i am wondering if this is what is holding up having a case officer? thanks :ssign14:

Hi Wendy,

We didn't frontload the form 80, when we got our case officer she emailed and requested we complete the form 80's which we have done now.

Fingers crossed you will get your case officer soon, I would complete the form 80 and have it ready as it is a very long form, once you are asked for it you can upload it straight away.

Guest jennaire

We applied for 176 on 20/6.. CO received today!!! 9/7

Will add to the spreadsheet our details !

We applied for 176 on 20/6.. CO received today!!! 9/7

Will add to the spreadsheet our details !

20/6 is the latest date of application and CO received so far. The DIAC really have been busy today. Got a feeling this is going to be a good week.

If an email was sent to your agent, there would be a line in the site that says "e-mail sent to you". Does it say "application being processed further"? This usually means that a CO has been assigned to your case.

I just lodged mine 1/6 and now busy uploading documents. Does anyone know how you scan multiple pages on one pdf?

Option is in your scanner.Not scan the new page all the time rather do add page once one page finish.You can do another way if you have acrobate professional by linking multiple page and combine them.This will come up when you select all the pages you wanted to do and arrange them in order.I hope this will help you

There's also another way to do (free) - takes about 5 minutes to set-up and pretty easy to follow (I think):

Required Software:

1. Install CutePDF Writer - it installs as a printer you can print to and create PDFs as output

2. Install FastStone Image Viewer - an image viewer - other might work as well, but that's the one I use personally

Printing instruction:

1. Scan all pages as separate files (eg JPEG) and put them into one directory - I usually scan them in 300dpi then resize them to 1280px wide and about 85% quality.

2. Open first photo with FastStone Image Viewer (right click -> Open With -> FSViewer)

3. Press CTRL+P to go into Print mode and

3a. Use Add button to add more pages and reorder them in any way you want (simply drag & drop)

Set Size -> Fit to Page and all margins -> 0; position can be set to Center

4. Choose CutePDF Writer as Printer and click Print ..

4a. After few seconds (or more) a window will pop-up asking for location to save your newly created PDF

Congratulations you've just created a multi-page PDF from your scanned pages.

Hope it helps :-)

PS

Keep in mind that the filesize limit is 5MB per file and you can upload only 60 files to the DIAC site. If your PDF is larger than 5MB then either resize source JPEG files and/or lower their quality.

Guest nadis

I would be interested to know out of those who applied and have CO's assigned if they used an agent or are going it alone.

Archived