176 Lodged June 2012

Guest Kimberlyusa

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi

We have a CO too! Just got a call from our agent and they have requested Medicals! So pleased! Hope everyone gets good news today on this horribly wet Friday- it couldnt have happened on a better day!!

Lisa & Robert

x

Thanks, Wendy for setting this up. Details added, and still waiting. Still not sure if 'processing further' equals 'CO allocated'.

Hi, yes i think as far i can gather but if it moves from processing commenced to processing further that you do have a CO, some will email straight away and others wont until they have looked through everything, but congrats w xx

Hi

We have a CO too! Just got a call from our agent and they have requested Medicals! So pleased! Hope everyone gets good news today on this horribly wet Friday- it couldnt have happened on a better day!!

Lisa & Robert

x

Hi congrats, hope this is the start of lots for all of us!! have you put you details down on the spreadsheet? just need to click on the link and add to the bottom, i will put in the correct place later, unless you know how to do that anyway? happy times

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtjmLt4bD4fJdGstYU9ZcHJJRUJHV05GSXRHUXdNY2c#gid=0

Hi congrats, hope this is the start of lots for all of us!! have you put you details down on the spreadsheet? just need to click on the link and add to the bottom, i will put in the correct place later, unless you know how to do that anyway? happy times

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtjmLt4bD4fJdGstYU9ZcHJJRUJHV05GSXRHUXdNY2c#gid=0

Thanks! I think I have managed to update the spreadsheet!

So happy today!

Morning/Afternoon/Evening to all.I just joined the group and firstly I'd like to say what a fantastic bunch of people here. I start to see some movement on the old case officers again. I'm currently in Perth (FIFO) I'm being sponsored on a 457. My opinion that there was a lag in CO being alloted was training on the new system and the end of financial year along with computer change over didnt help matters. So I'd hope that things wi ramp up pretty soon as I find myself constantly looking at the status of my application it's so draining lol.Onto my lil rant now I went through a migration agent and tbh it's the worst thing I've ever done as I've had to push them every step of the way. I lodged my vetassess on the 24th of November 2011 and recieved a positive out one on the 20th of May 2012 during that time I would email my agent asking how things are going and wouldn't respond or give the same info on the vetassess website then the 8th of may she contacted me asking for another document as vetasess required it got it over from Ireland in a few days and then I chased up vetasses every second day till the 20th lol. Then vetassess posted it to my agent and it was in her mail for 4 days as vetassess couriered it I had to email and tell her it was waiting in the post office so then she goes on hols and another guy takes over and he lodged my ss for WA on the 25 and recieved ss WA on the 26 then he tells me we have to wait until my agent comes back on the 14th of June so then I email on the 11th she doesn't reply until the 15th of June and says she's checking all docs even though she's had Em all for months so finally she lodged it on the 18th of June 2012 so all in all so stressful I've done medicals and PCC and she said she is waiting until co assigned and then she will send again stupid me sent the medicals to her so I'm pretty wound up on the service I recieved by the way my skill is Construction Project Manager.Hope we all get sorted ASAP so we can all get back to normality.

Sorry guys my English is a disgrace I'm writing it on my iPhone. Forgive some errors lol. In summary my opinion is agents are just a third wheel.

I beg to differ! Our agent has been absolutely fantastic and gone the extra mile at all times. Without him we could definitely not have got 176 visa lodged before the deadline! I think there are some not so great agents out there but also lots of excellent agents.

Both my husband and I work full time and have 2 under fives so going the agent route was the only way we could get the process done in a timely manner.

Sorry to hear your agent wasn't great.

I beg to differ! Our agent has been absolutely fantastic and gone the extra mile at all times. Without him we could definitely not have got 176 visa lodged before the deadline! I think there are some not so great agents out there but also lots of excellent agents.

Both my husband and I work full time and have 2 under fives so going the agent route was the only way we could get the process done in a timely manner.

Sorry to hear your agent wasn't great.

I agree. We are in the same position with two children under 5 (although I am a full time mum and not working) and having a Migration Agent has been great. I'm annoying them regularly as I keep interfering instead of letting them get on with it, but they really have been fabulous. If others (not in the June gang) are reading this, it is worth looking for recommendations on sites like this, as people will tell you who is good (and PM you the details of who to avoid).

Our Migration Agent helped us speed things through, gave great advice on what should be in employment references for the skills assessment, and got the application lodged much faster than I could have done, particularly after my 3 year old had the top of his finger accidentally severed by his GP and required plastic surgery to have it re-attached. For the last 3 weeks we have had very little time to do much but care for him, so I was so grateful that they dealt with getting the request in for State Sponsorship, and then filled in and lodged the application for us, as all that happened the week of our son's injury. With what has happened to my son, and how traumatised he is, we would have been in on SkillSelect if we had been doing it ourselves. I think our Migration Agent has been worth every penny (and a bottle of Whiskey will be heading in his direction when/if our visa gets granted!)

Confused???? not for the first time?? just seen a thread that says have recieved an invitiation from the EOI to apply for a visa? i had obviously wrongly thought that this would not be happening until the beginning of august leaving them time to deal with our applications? and with them prioritising the skill select apps over ours? has left me a bit concerned. i am aware they have 60 days to then apply, but also feel that most of the people who have put in a EOI have done so because a) they choose to wait and do the skill select way, as i know people were unsure wheather to apply now or later, or b) didnt get the info back quick enough to get in before the 1st of july, either way the likelyhood is that they will have most of there documents at hand ready to apply straight away??? am I wrong?, someone please tell me i am, and give me a better throught process????????? :realmad:

For some reason, my details have been removed from the spreadsheet, so I have re-added them. Must admit, it's worrying me that a lot of people who lodged their visa after me are getting case officers. I wonder if it has anything to do with what state has sponsored me (Victoria). Oh well, here's to being more patient and hoping for CO next week.

Hi There!

We're from Ireland too and just squeezed in our visa application on 28/6/12. we have no CO yet either and are waiting patiently! Should we go ahead and get the garda clearance or wait til a CO is assigned.... going it alone without a migration agent so a bit confused! the email i was sent said to get it and upload before 21 days, and the online portal says to wait... what to do? any advice greatly appreciated!!

Hi there, where u guys living ? we,re living in Lisburn i,m from monaghan originally, we where advised not to book medicals until we get a co. I sent off our police checks just last week, ours has to go to Hampshire.. Good luck with your plans....Lets hope we get a co v v soon!! lol..

Guest fultonclan
Sorry guys my English is a disgrace I'm writing it on my iPhone. Forgive some errors lol. In summary my opinion is agents are just a third wheel.

Sorry you were unlucky with your agent, ours has been brilliant and I couldn't fault him.

Guest johnk

Hi All, good to know that most of us here are the June gang. Just wanted to let you know that I have recieved an acknowldgement from DIAC on 28th June and Form 1100 was sent on 30th June to DIAC from SA SS luckily at the last moment. Could some one tell me how long it would take to get a CO? Has any one who applied in mid of June got a CO?

After approximately 13 days our meds have 'finalised' on the sytem, as yet no contact from a CO but been on precessing further since midish June.

Everything already loaded up apart from from 80 as sometimes they don't ask for one.

Heres to hoping it is sorted out soon!

We are planning to go to Oz to visit and travel around a bit in early next year then return to UK with a view to a move shortly after to some in SA.

Dunno where in SA though, wherever we can get teaching work, prob out in the country somewhere.

I'll stick my details on the spreadsheet- assuming that I do indeed have a CO!

Best of luck to everyone.

Andy

Hi All, good to know that most of us here are the June gang. Just wanted to let you know that I have recieved an acknowldgement from DIAC on 28th June and Form 1100 was sent on 30th June to DIAC from SA SS luckily at the last moment. Could some one tell me how long it would take to get a CO? Has any one who applied in mid of June got a CO?

you can see all the details of us all on this spreadsheet, just add your details and i will put in the right place unless you know how to do it yourself, it saves automatically....https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtjmLt4bD4fJdGstYU9ZcHJJRUJHV05GSXRHUXdNY2c#gid=0

...made the June deadline by the skin of our teeth - woohoo! Seems to have taken an age to get here, but I guess now the waiting begins! DIAC website looks pretty informative though - currently processing visa apps lodged in Jan'12. So 6 month backlog I guess?

...made the June deadline by the skin of our teeth - woohoo! Seems to have taken an age to get here, but I guess now the waiting begins! DIAC website looks pretty informative though - currently processing visa apps lodged in Jan'12. So 6 month backlog I guess?

It actually might be much faster than that - if you check the May 2012 thread you'll see that some people had their visa granted in mid-June :biggrin:

e.g:

Jars's timeline:

VETASSESS lodged 14/11/11 received 22/03/12 | IELTS 16/11/11 Overall 8.5 | WA SS lodged 03/04/12 received 27/04/12| 176 lodged 01/05/12 CO 29/05 Meds 01/06 PCC 14/06 Visa granted 15/06/12

so it took barely 1.5 months from submitting 176 (May 1st) to receiving visa (June 15th).

I have mixed reviews about agents. Our 1st agent was excellent, very on the ball and always keeping us informed. She got us through VETASSESS but then said because of SkillSelect she was stopping being a MA. We were referred on to another agent in Oz who said he'd continue our process but was terrible at returning emails and left us feeling confused and a bit concerned about the process. Fortunately we hadn't 'engaged' him, signed a contract or paid the $1500+ he asked for as fees, so we decided not to bother with him. There would be no way we would have got our application in in time if we'd carried on with him and so we ended up doing the rest ourselves. I guess it's all swings and roundabouts!

It actually might be much faster than that - if you check the May 2012 thread you'll see that some people had their visa granted in mid-June :biggrin:

e.g:

Jars's timeline:

VETASSESS lodged 14/11/11 received 22/03/12 | IELTS 16/11/11 Overall 8.5 | WA SS lodged 03/04/12 received 27/04/12| 176 lodged 01/05/12 CO 29/05 Meds 01/06 PCC 14/06 Visa granted 15/06/12

so it took barely 1.5 months from submitting 176 (May 1st) to receiving visa (June 15th).

The main hold up once your CO has been assigned is the PCCs and meds, which is why a lot of people frontload them. For those of us in the USA where most panel doctors don't have access to eHealth, that particular piece of the process can take awhile. (Still waiting for them to finalise my meds...)

Archived