Is Australian TV that bad ?

jasepom

So a country where your always stuck indoors has better TV than one where you aren't? What a surprise NOT!

I said we have the best T.V , in the english speaking world .......i didnt say i was always watching it .

Do you people over there think you have the " patent " on lifestyle .

You dont mate .......will be playing golf twice this weekend ......decent money ......decent car ......decent lifestyle ......good holidays .......get over yourself .

I know the pluses and minuses of both countries .......weather .....travel ......wages ......so dont feed me the lline that people in the U.k spend most of their time indoors.

If you have a few quid in your pocket , and live in the right area of the U.k , its very hard to beat.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ahem, so to get back on point, I think we agree that -

The UK produces some of the best TV in the world but also produces a lot of crap too.

Australia doesn't produce anywhere near the quantity or quality of the UK which you'd expect of course given it's size, but commissions enough to entertain us on those too hot/too cold days.

And we all agree the Aussie adverts get on our freaking nerves - Go Harvey Norman Go.

Guest Ptp113
Oh, that's right nobody ever gets to leave their houses in the UK but everyone is out all the time in Oz as the weather and outdoor pursuits just beckon everyone.

Yes it does tend to p**s down with rain a lot here and it gets cold, but it does in Oz too, sometimes for days. Oh yeah, contrary to popular belief (I am being sarcastic of course) the sun does not shine for 365 days of the year and when people migrate, most people do still like to watch a bit of telly. And believe it or not (you may want to sit down for this one), sometimes it is actually too hot to spend time outside, unless you enjoy frying eggs on your car bonnet (if the TV is that bad). Lol.

I may have been hallucinating over the last week, but I have seen a lot of people out this week enjoying the sun here - yeah it does come out sometimes, but only when Prisoner Cell block H is on.... thanks to SKY plus this can be taped thus enjoying the benefits of both pursuits! Ha ha.... :-))))

Only weedy poms think it gets 'too hot' to be outside in Oz.

OH just asked me what I was reading and I said a thread about OZ TV is it really that bad ......... and he said ´Oh yes it is, you certainly don´t want to pay for it´, ............... what annoys me is the adverts, a few minutes in and there they are ....... lot´s of them and most of them amateur ...........

I also find that a programme can start with much warning and go off without any warning at all, and a funny times too, like 20 to the hour rather than 30 to the hour .....

We tend to watch more DVD´s than ever before ............ at least we don´t have adverts every few minutes ...

Saying that though I started to watch Once Upon A Time during the week, Wednesday I think, so must remember it next week, not brilliant but better than some of the crap on there, and the Closer isn´t too bad .....

After nealy 4 years I've come to realise that there is one really good thing about Aus TV which only applies if you only watch ABC/SBS. You get the best of BBC and channel 4 output, which I would say is world class, and NONE of the reality TV stuff which is absolute crap.

I'm talking shows like Misfits, Peep Show, IT crowd, Outnumbered, Lead Balloon, Coast, Wildest India, River Monsters, some great stuff, for nuffink.

Guest guest36187

i have to say when watching tele.....discovery, history channel and sports for me!!!!!

theres some good aussie programmes but a lot of it is spoilt by american crap comedy's,and adverts

I'm going to be alright then, as thats all I really watch over here ,plus the history channel and other bits on discovery.

occ, storage wars , pickers ,ice road truckers and of course big bang:biglaugh:

Archived