Air China ?

cronemeister

Hi

I've found return flights from LHR to MEL for about £2600, but haven't seen much mention on here about the airline. Has anyone flown with them or have any info on what the flights/service etc are like.

Emirates are about £200 cheaper (in total) and Cathay Pacific about £600 more. For £3200 I think I'd be more inclined to plump for Cathay as I've read good things on here about them.

Any info would be greatly appreciated please.

Oh, and does anyone have any good websites that they use for flight searches. I've tried skyscanner and didn't come out that cheap.

Thanks.

Also never flown Air China, well not long haul anyway. I think many people seem to avoid then, but not sure if that is justified or not.

Cathay have an economy seat that kind of slides forward, which is good as it means you don't have the person in front of you reclining into your lap. But some people don't like these seats. My OH flew Cathay economy once and didn't like the seat for example.

Obviously I don't know when you are thinking of going, but I just did some random searches for Lon - Mel and Air China was really expensive (although China Eastern were cheap) and the Air China was operated by other airlines too, Virgin Atlantic for one leg, so check the carrier too when making your decision.

Air China is supposed to be good - much improved on what was dodgy service about a decade ago. I haven't flown with them but have flown with Dragon Air and China Eastern - both excellent airlines. From memory, the cheap fares tend to be with China Eastern and China Southern.