IELTS 12th May

obxer7

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just make sure you write an introduction, main body and conclusion. If you aren't sure of the meaning of a word or not 100% certain how to spell it then don't use it. They just want to know that you have a good grasp of grammar, are able to link words together, use correct punctuation, spelling etc. I was more worried about the reading as all the academic tests in the official test books I did were difficult, on the day I didn't find them as hard as the ones I had practised.

Good luck!

I'm doing the ielts tomorrow in London, general one, yeah its the writing for me too that is the worrying bit. Written enough essays in my time but the topics are just a bit silly! Just got my skills assessment through today though, so in a couple of weeks could get the skilled migrant visa app in. No pressure at all! arghh. My friend is doing the test as well tomorrow but don't think he has bothered to practice much - better not get higher then me - need the magic 8's.

I am doing for the third time I go 8's for everything apart from 7.5 in writing !! Just because I didnt have time to check it through !! I need 8's for GSM but also have gone for SS for SA as I only needed 7's !!

Good luck to everyone !! I hope they have a easy reading and listening !!

Guest Wrighty2012

Good Luck to all of you sitting exams today!! My hubby sitting his today too, in Brighton.

Hubby just left with his packed lunch, pencils, rubber etc... Now what to do with myself today !!!

I just hope the writing is a subject he is interested in as he will have no problem and can construct a really good essay but if its not he will struggle..

Good luck everyone

Just wondering if anyone else is sitting the IELTS exam this coming Saturday. I am, need 8's!

My hubby has sat his today, he thinks he`s done ok...but aint spoke to him proper yet as he`s still travelling back home...5 hours to get there yesterday and 5 hours back today so got me fingers crossed for him, cus he deserves it on them grounds!1 Good luck to everyone else who`s sat theirs.

OHs is cramming hard... I wish i could do it for him i feel slightly helpless sometimes as we are going on his skills , I feel like im just along for the ride !!

I feel excactly the same as you kimsdu, it`s an awful feeling cus they must be under terrible pressure!! x

Guest melanie79

i just sat mine in dublin.

gees- what with the finger print checking, taking pics of you on the camera, studying passport id & confiscating mobile phones in plastic bags til after- i thought they were more security conscious than dublin airport!

dunno how il do but i found the writing the trickiest, only because i was concentrating so much i zoned out about the time and heard the guy say 14minutes now. i was still on task 1 and got myself into a flap, then rambled into task 2 only to finish that and realise the guy meant we were 14 minutes into the test not 14mins left!!! duh!!! got another sheet anyway to re-write!

the speaking part was difficult only because i have bronchitis and couldnt finish a sentence without coughing. then my last question made me laugh which turned almost into a coughing fit. it was something along the lines of what did i think of people living on another planet! how random!

i would have postponed the test as im not physically well but everywhere in the whole of ireland including northern ireland is booked out til 30th june and i want to get my visa application in before skillselect.

anyway, we will see how it goes. what surprised me though was the amount of people re-sitting for the 3rd, 4th time who's english is their 1st language. i hope i dont have to, but i can see why now. i dont think it was that easy to be honest. anyway roll on 13days. good luck everyone! fingers crossed

mel

Guest andyNnat

just got back arhhhh

wanted to study before, but didnt have time, thought i did alright but then i thought that last time !

got 9 in speaking last time i wont do as good this time subjects were you favourite weather, and relatives.

i dont ever listen to any weather reports let alone think how good it is, and my only relatives are my kids, wife and in laws nobody on my side

so cant see me getting overall 8

oh well we will see were the journey of life goes from here!

good luck to every one today :cool:

Archived