IELTS 12th May

obxer7

Its great hearing about all your great scores, sat the IELTS for first time today found the reading really hard in one place but will just have to wait and see fingers crossed x

The last section of the Academic Reading paper on the 12th was like that - I was thinking 'what are you talking about'? for half of it, but it must have made some sense as I came off with a 9. The trick is most definitely not to over complicate it. I thought I'd done bad in that section, but obviously not, so hopefully the same will be true for you! :)

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got L 9.0, R 8.5, W 7.0 and S 8.0, and I needed an 8 in every session :( This was my second attempt. The first time around I'd gotten L 9.0, R 9.0, W 8.0 and S 7.5. I asked for a remark of my speaking test straight away and result is still pending. Not sure what to do now - do I try again??? But even if I do there is no guarantee... *sighs* My skills assessment is ready. Everything is ready. A band 8 in every session in the IELTS is what's left.
Do not give up, keep trying! I know how stressful is, especially the day of the test... I took it three times, and got what I needed on the third attempt... I have an Enrquiry on Result still pending, but I don't need it anymore. Good luck, I'm sure you'll pass it!!!

Guest misssunshine
I would say book for another try.. You have great scores on 2 tests you will ACE it the next time im sure and if your remark comes back good then so what you have lost £120 ish but if that remark comes back prior to sitting the next test and its an 8 i doubt you will even care you spent another £120ish as you will just be so relieved...

The earliest I can do another test is on 16th June - by the time I get the result it'll be end of June and I need to apply for PR before 1st July - is it still worth doing another test???????

I'm so confused...

The earliest I can do another test is on 16th June - by the time I get the result it'll be end of June and I need to apply for PR before 1st July - is it still worth doing another test???????

I'm so confused...

Im in the same boat but we couldnt get another test until June 30th !! At the end of the day i now feel like a weight has been lifted knowing there is nothing we can do to beat the deadline... I think the new system will work just fine. Even if you apply for PR on the very last day of June it still counts so just make sure you have everything ready to lodge . Its definitely worth doing the test again because you may get 9s the next time around which is even more points which will help you out if you do fall into the new EOI system as they will be pooling from the higher point candidates.

Just come home to find my envelope with results and I've got what I need! Sat the general, needed 8's and got L 9, R 8, W 9 and S 9. Can't believe it as due to running out of time I never read through what I wrote for the writing! Already got my skills assessment, so just the visa app to do now.

Quick question guys - is the TRF and the "IELTS Reference No" in the email which we received for the test confirmation the same or a different one? If it is a different one, is there a way to get the TRF somehow online? I really want to finish my application this weekend but the form has not yet arrived by post!

Thanks,

P

Hi Peter,

I'm not sure if you were given the answer already, but my Test Report Form Number (in the IELTS result document I got) is 18 letters long and I deciphered its structure as follows (in my case):

Two digits for year: 12

First two letters (country code) from the Center Number: US (in my case the Center Number was US092)

Your candidate number (6 digits): 000123

Four letters of last+first name combination: DOEJ (in case your name is Doe John) I have short last name personally (3 letters) so I'm guessing here

Remaining of the Center Number: 092

Random letter?: G

So the entire TRF number in my case would be: 12US000123DOEJ092G - I can't very if it's the same as the one you got in email as I never got one like that.

Hope it helps.

Guest peterm2
Hi Peter,

[...]

Hope it helps.

Thanks for the info, in another thread I already confirmed that the numbers are different and can also confirm your deciper - I think the last letter stands either for General or Academic version of the test.

P

Archived