what white goods should we take??

kellyjamie

Guest Ptp113
Hi everyone,

quick question what white goods are people taking with them? were taking everything with us furniture wise but just checking on white goods??

Thanks

Kelly

Ice cream!

Take everything because white goods along with everything else here are mega expensive. One thing though just check with Australian gov re bringing the fridge. I think they're a bit funny with fridges because of bacteria or some such. I saw that somebody mentioned that a UK fridge wouldn't be " strong enough for Australia". Not true you can buy exactly the same fridges at Harvey Norman here in Australia as you can at Curry's in the UK. The only difference, as mentioned before is the price, at least twice as much.

If you've got room for it, and its in decent nick, take it I wasn't sure at the time but Mrs said bring it all, and I'm so glad we did.

As for our UK fridge, it is full of beer in the garage :wink:

The best use for a fridge right there!!

My wife and I shipped everything we could including furniture and white goods over last year following advice from a relative who moved a few months before (just as most have suggested here). The cost to ship over is definitely less than buying new (we did the 'sums') provided they last a few years and if you can live with 'functional' furniture (it may not fit the decor of the house you're in) then you'll certainly save there.. Perhaps even be able to sell those you brought to offset some new..

4lan

Guest HeywoodMonkey

I have to agree with most people on this thread, bring it in fact cram your container to bursting point. Ignore those who say it won't work. We brought dishwasher, telly, fridge you name it and they all work fine, also saved us a small fortune if we would of had to buy new here.

I am in the 'take everything' camp. We left our 10yo fridge at home though - I had already had to 'fix it' a couple of times before-hand, and we figured it wouldn't be 'big enough' for a family in Australia (which was true for us).

Archived