HELP NEEDED! New Australian Wildlife Website: coming soon!!

LukeM

Hi all

As you may/may not know, here in *sunny England* it's summer holidays time once again. That means... I'm kinda bored, many have gone away and left me at home a lot with nothing to do, so I thought why not do something with my time and get other people involved using something I'm good at? Website design!

Yes, so I thought why not make a website about something I love... from somewhere I love... so Australia's wildlife?

But - there's a catch!

I want YOUR help filling it up!

Basically, I'm designing it and getting it all laid up nicely, and then when it's ready, I'll publish it online. Once the basic site is online (there's gonna be a forum as well and stuff) I'll post the address on here...

And then what I want people (anyone and everyone!!) to do is contribute!! It's a big collaborative website about Australia's wildlife! Got that?

I want YOUR photos, stories of your encounters and what you love and hate most about Australia's wildlife. There'll be an email address on the website for you to post them all to. As I said, anyone can contribute anything from photos to drawings, stories, poems and they'll all get pieced together somehow in the website to create one big online unique picture of Australia's wildlife!

Whether it's a story about that wasp that stung you this morning, a photo of a fluffy kookaburra sat on your fence, a drawing you think should be out there of a cuddly koala, I'll make sure they get credited to you and made available for all to see on the site!

It's going to be called The Great Aus-e-outback (see, bit of a twist there like... electronic-outback?)

...and it'll be online within the next week-10 days!

Who's up for it?! :jiggy:

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Luke

As a DSE Registered Wildlife Shelter and also the Emergency Phone Co-ordinator for Wildlife Victoria as well as being a rescuer and transporter I think it is a great idea. I am sure we would have lots of photos and stories we can share. Please let us know whe it is online

Thanks for the response! Glad to see there's people here with an interest in the project. It's not intended to make any money or anything for anybody sat there querying it, it's all a bit of fun and to celebrate Australia's diverse habitats, fauna and the animals who inhabit these.

:wink:

Will keep people posted...

Guest Misty

Will look forward to seeing it when it is up and running, and to being involved. My partner was always going to move to Oz, and so when I met him he brought me out here to see if I would like it enought to move with him, and it was the wildlife that swung it for me - it's amazing and I doubt I could ever tire of the birdlife, the dolphins, the whales, etc etc.

I spent two hours in a gorgeous little reserve just up the road from me on Friday, and saw 7 different species of parrot - totally made my day - and I live just down the road from Penguin Island. It doesn't get much better.

Good luck with it,

Cheryl x

G'day mate, got a few stories from my travels in Australia, plus a few photos. Send me a pm and maybe I can give you a few as they come to mind, hey?

Cheers, Bobj.

Bobj - there will be an inbox specifically set up on the website for people to dump their contributions in. I'll filter through 'em... and organise them all into the site as they come through (hopefully it'll come together relatively quickly if I don't get tooo swamped!):confused:

Archived