Permanent Resident visa - can I get a different stamp in my passport?

richev

Our 189 visas came through a few weeks ago, so we're taking our initial trip to Aus to "activate" them next week.

Last time we were in Australia we received stamps like this in our passports...

dreamstimeextrasmall_6410273.jpg

This may seem like a silly question, but will we (or can we, on request) receive different stamps in our passports when we come through immigration this time?

dreamstimeextrasmall_6410273.jpg

Our 189 visas came through a few weeks ago, so we're taking our initial trip to Aus to "activate" them next week.

Last time we were in Australia we received stamps like this in our passports...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33469[/ATTACH]

This may seem like a silly question, but will we (or can we, on request) receive different stamps in our passports when we come through immigration this time?

Why do you want a different stamp? What is wrong with this one, looks like a fine stamp to me.

:err:

Do they stamp Aussie passports in Australia? We ( uk) don't bother do we...anwhere in the EU you don't get a stamp in a British/EU passport . I'm always a bit disappointed. Aus immigration once commented on how little I'd travelled!! ( because most of the places were EU I didn't have many stamps).

Of course they don't stamp your Australian passport if you enter Australia.

Last time we cam through Brisbane my son's Australian passport was stamped but ours weren't. NZ, where we were on holiday, didn't bother stamping them at all.

The US Visa stamps used to be nice (don't know about nowadays. Proper stamps with different colours etc.

• 3 weeks later...
Of course they don't stamp your Australian passport if you enter Australia.

If you go through the manual immigration counters they might...e-Gates is a different story though.

Usually they'd just scan your passport, enter some info into their computer and that's all...

Edited by twister292

Interestingly, holders of Australian permanent resident visas do get a different stamp when they enter New Zealand. Most people get a square NZ stamp that says Visitor Visa - but Australian PRs get an oval NZ stamp saying Resident Visa.