AHPRA- whats your experience?****

Guest lilmissp

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest chaddies1

Hi all

i sent mine off last sept 2011 to NSW after lots of pestering they sent it to brisbane feb 2012, i got the email this morning yeh ive got my registration in principle, all i need now is a job offer and a visa and present myself at the aphra office within 12 months!! hoping to make the move by august!!!!!

hang on in there keep pestering them thats what my agency told me!!!

shirley

Guest baileysgirlx
Hi all

i sent mine off last sept 2011 to NSW after lots of pestering they sent it to brisbane feb 2012, i got the email this morning yeh ive got my registration in principle, all i need now is a job offer and a visa and present myself at the aphra office within 12 months!! hoping to make the move by august!!!!!

hang on in there keep pestering them thats what my agency told me!!!

shirley

Wow congratulations Shirley! Mine took

5.5 months and a bloody nightmare but well worth the wait when you finally get your email!! We are hoping for august too but to perth instead! Good luck everyone! We will all

Get there! Lol x x

Guest lilmissp

Congratulations shirley:biggrin: hurrah!! I bet you celebrated when you got your registration! Thanks, that gives me a bit of hope. I feel like AHPRA must be sick of my emails and calls by now but I will continue to pester them until I get it granted.

Guest kallasan
Fingers crossed then it is not long! I know from others that this is a very frustrating wait/part of the process. :smile:

hi david, can u send me the format. this will help me know if i submitted the correct format.thank:smile:

Guest kallasan
Hi,

First post so be kind. I applied for nurse licensure with the AHPRA in Sydney - October last year. The confirmation of receipt email came roughly two weeks after I mailed the application form out, they also debited my payment around the same time (October 2011). Heard absoulutely nothing until an email first week of March 2012 requesting I re-send my University transcript in an AHPRA acceptable format (let me know if you need to know what this format is, may save you time). Currently I am still waiting for my Uni to send out the revised transcript (takes time to re-format a standard transcript into AHPRA format).

I have been given until the first week of May to provide the transcript or they automatically bin my application (unless I request an extension but they don't say how this is done). I have been advised by my waiting employer in Queensland that their experience with the AHPRA is that it averages 6-9 months. Fortunately for me my employer's attitude seems to be "come as soon as is convenient for you" so I have been under absoulutely no stress.

Just hang in there.

David

hi david, can u send me the format. this will help me know if i submitted the correct format.thank

Hi All

OMG this Ahpra thing is a dire!! I already ahve a job offer, but am waiting on the unitranscripts before sending off reg. Do you think a job offer will speed thins along? I was also hoping to be in Oz in the next few months.

Rachel

Hello All, well I have phoned AHPRA twice after recieving an email which stated they had not received all of my paperwork, knowing that I paid a small fortune to have a notary certify every last piece of documentation I have, I asked them to recheck. It took two phone calls and an email, of which to be fair they replied to within 24 hrs. I have now been told that they have all of the documentation they require and to wait whilst they check my qualification details.... watch this space.

Hi Kallasan and the restof you Guys,

Here is the required format for a nursing transcript (taken from the email AHPRA sent me)

"We require a transcript of the theory subject hours and clinical subject hours as well as a record of clinical experience areas from your University . In order for an applicant to register as a Registered Nurse (Division 1) in Australia they must demonstrate both theory and clinical hours in the following streams: Medical/Surgical, Adult Nursing, Community Nursing and Mental Health Nursing."

Hope that helps a few people.

David

Hi,

First post so be kind. I applied for nurse licensure with the AHPRA in Sydney - October last year. The confirmation of receipt email came roughly two weeks after I mailed the application form out, they also debited my payment around the same time (October 2011). Heard absoulutely nothing until an email first week of March 2012 requesting I re-send my University transcript in an AHPRA acceptable format (let me know if you need to know what this format is, may save you time). Currently I am still waiting for my Uni to send out the revised transcript (takes time to re-format a standard transcript into AHPRA format).

I have been given until the first week of May to provide the transcript or they automatically bin my application (unless I request an extension but they don't say how this is done). I have been advised by my waiting employer in Queensland that their experience with the AHPRA is that it averages 6-9 months. Fortunately for me my employer's attitude seems to be "come as soon as is convenient for you" so I have been under absoulutely no stress.

Just hang in there.

David

Hi David

Sorry to hear about your horrible experience, I am just in the process of gathering all my documents and have requested a transcript from my uni, I have heard that the transcript needs to include the number of hours of study as well? is that right? i'd be really greatful if you could help me with the APHRA format of the transcript.

Thank you very much and hope your application process speeds up!

x

Hi David

Sorry to hear about your horrible experience, I am just in the process of gathering all my documents and have requested a transcript from my uni, I have heard that the transcript needs to include the number of hours of study as well? is that right? i'd be really greatful if you could help me with the APHRA format of the transcript.

Thank you very much and hope your application process speeds up!

x

Sorry David, just seen the above posts!

thanks

Guest lilmissp
Hi All

OMG this Ahpra thing is a dire!! I already ahve a job offer, but am waiting on the unitranscripts before sending off reg. Do you think a job offer will speed thins along? I was also hoping to be in Oz in the next few months.

Rachel

You said it, cant agree with you more it certainly is dire, frustrating and annoying. Me and you are in the same boat. Which office did you send it to and when did you send yours?

Guest lilmissp
Finally after nearly 7 months of waiting I have had an email saying my elegibilty letter is is the post!! What a huge relief. I have really harassed them the last few weeks as it was holding up my visa.

good luck to you all, stick with it x

Congratulations!!!!! Wow 7 months I commend you on your patience:)))

Guest lilmissp
Hello All, well I have phoned AHPRA twice after recieving an email which stated they had not received all of my paperwork, knowing that I paid a small fortune to have a notary certify every last piece of documentation I have, I asked them to recheck. It took two phone calls and an email, of which to be fair they replied to within 24 hrs. I have now been told that they have all of the documentation they require and to wait whilst they check my qualification details.... watch this space.

When and where did you send it Pollygirl I haven't even had an email from them apart from the initial one where they are quick enough to grab the cash from the bank...........;((((

When and where did you send it Pollygirl I haven't even had an email from them apart from the initial one where they are quick enough to grab the cash from the bank...........;((((

I sent my paperwork off in February 2012, I was advised to ring them to check they had received the paperwork, it was received March 2012. Received an email to say that they needed extra paperwork, which they didn't. Rang twice and eventually emailed, to say they have all the paperwork now and are in the process of making a decision. I used the Darwin Office, still waiting, and yes I knew they had received it as my fee as already been taken from my bank account. I also require registration asap as I have applied for my partner visa and should be granted it end of July, and want to organise employment before I go. Fingers crossed!

This seems to be the start of my AHPRA nightmare!!!

My application was received mid march and the money taken. In February my documents were sent from the ANMAC so were probably received before my application. I had them both sent to the Brisbane office.

I sent AHPRA an e-mail asking them if they had received the the documents from ANMAC and I had a reply to say they have not received them as yet. I have read other PIO members who's documents have all of a sudden turned up after making a phone call to AHPRA.

Not sure what to do next, the last thing I want to do is to pay for more transcripts, verification of registration and IELTS report form to be sent.

Congratulations!!!!! Wow 7 months I commend you on your patience:)))

thanks but i had no patience left in the end!! i think they only sorted it for me eventually because i was ringing them on a daily basis!! it's a joke, our whole move has been delayed because of AHPRA hope they are better when it comes to my renewal. Anyhow hang on in there you will get it eventually. we are now hoping to be in oz in about 4 weeks time.......HOORAY

Guest lilmissp
thanks but i had no patience left in the end!! i think they only sorted it for me eventually because i was ringing them on a daily basis!! it's a joke, our whole move has been delayed because of AHPRA hope they are better when it comes to my renewal. Anyhow hang on in there you will get it eventually. we are now hoping to be in oz in about 4 weeks time.......HOORAY

Thats fantastic news I wish it was me:)

Guest lilmissp
This seems to be the start of my AHPRA nightmare!!!

My application was received mid march and the money taken. In February my documents were sent from the ANMAC so were probably received before my application. I had them both sent to the Brisbane office.

I sent AHPRA an e-mail asking them if they had received the the documents from ANMAC and I had a reply to say they have not received them as yet. I have read other PIO members who's documents have all of a sudden turned up after making a phone call to AHPRA.

Not sure what to do next, the last thing I want to do is to pay for more transcripts, verification of registration and IELTS report form to be sent.

Come on AHPRA get your act together there are too many complaints about you.:((

Hi, we're at the very early stages of gathering our documentaton for AHPRA application. As my training institution no longer exists I've had to apply to the NMC to see if they are able to provide details. I'm very nervous about this as they don't send any information to the applicant, only Australia itself so I don't even know if they have sent it. Anyone else had a similar experience? We were also advised to send our documents to the central office in Melbourne but should we send it to the regional office which in our case would be Darwin? Help?! Claire