Ships Master / Ships Officer / Marine Pilot

CaptainR

In general, to apply for citizenship you will need to:

• be of good character if you are 18 years of age or over.

I don't think you will fool them.

Nice, can do with bad character for a below 18. ;) lol

In general, to apply for citizenship you will need to:

• be a migrant who is a permanent resident

• satisfy the residence requirement

• be likely to reside, or to continue to reside, in Australia or to maintain a close and continuing association with Australia

• be of good character if you are 18 years of age or over.

I don't think you will fool them.

Thanks for your caring. While I was in Australia for Master's COR orals, I visited my Cousin who is an Australian citizen and well settled in Canberra. He has guided me about the system in OZ. Only concern for us is to get the right job after arrival.I don't think anyone from this forum will ever think of playing games with DIBP, when they have come so far with their Career.

Good to see that we made the cut for the 2015/16 SOL, oh and that the Immi website has a snazzy new design. Nice to know the visa fees are for a good purpose....

In 2013 the visa fees essentially tripled for a family, when we started the process we expected to pay around $3000, then in the July it just went through the roof. We also nervously watched the SOL...

In 2013 the visa fees essentially tripled for a family, when we started the process we expected to pay around $3000, then in the July it just went through the roof. We also nervously watched the SOL...

I think it was a 2.5% increase this year. It's an awful lot when you're talking thousands to start with!

Passed my Masters CoR orals today at Fremantle. This forum and the question banks helped a lot. Thanks very much!! I have emailed the list of questions to the address in the read me first file...

Congratulations,

Thanks for returning your papers so quickly, it is much appreciated and will help other candidates. I will put your question paper in the Dropbox today.

Who is it that decides the points we get for work experience.. AMSA or Immi? Its because when I was finished with orals I wanted to submit additional sea time letters, however AMSA tod me they dont need additional sea time as they only calculate minimum sea time required for the respective CoR and dont give Immi any point count???

Who is it that decides the points we get for work experience.. AMSA or Immi? Its because when I was finished with orals I wanted to submit additional sea time letters, however AMSA tod me they dont need additional sea time as they only calculate minimum sea time required for the respective CoR and dont give Immi any point count???

Yes that's right. DIBP do the points calculation

NB: AMSA offer the 'opinion' of employment experience in the occupation (in years). The final say is still down to DIBP though.

Edited by CaptainC

Several people have directed emails to my personal email account recently for specific queries on visas and the AMSA Skills Assessment process.

I would like to respectfully ask that although you have my email address it is not an answer bank and if you would like to ask a question then please consider that others viewing this thread may have the same question and need an answer or indeed have a better answer than I can give. Therefore please post any questions here.

I will not answer anymore questions from my email account unless they are personal in nature. If I feel that your (emailed) question is interesting and needs to be out in the open then I will copy and paste it here (with your permission and with any identifying data removed) and allow the forum to get involved, after all, that is what we are all here for.

Also, some of the questions I'm being asked are available easily to find on the AMSA or DIBP websites and it just shows that some people cannot be bothered to look for themselves.

If you can't find an answer, either on this thread or on AMSA or DIBP websites or do not understand something then please go ahead and ask on the thread.

I have neither the time, nor the inclination to answer the same question over and over again from my private email account, but I'm more than willing to answer anything here on the forum where I can quote previous posts easily and allow other members to benefit from it.

Thanks

CaptainC

Edited by CaptainC

Several people have directed emails to my personal email account recently for specific queries on visas and the AMSA Skills Assessment process.

I would like to respectfully ask that although you have my email address it is not an answer bank and if you would like to ask a question then please consider that others viewing this thread may have the same question and need an answer or indeed have a better answer than I can give. Therefore please post any questions here.

I will not answer anymore questions from my email account unless they are personal in nature. If I feel that your (emailed) question is interesting and needs to be out in the open then I will copy and paste it here (with your permission and with any identifying data removed) and allow the forum to get involved, after all, that is what we are all here for.

Also, some of the questions I'm being asked are available easily to find on the AMSA or DIBP websites and it just shows that some people cannot be bothered to look for themselves.

If you can't find an answer, either on this thread or on AMSA or DIBP websites or do not understand something then please go ahead and ask on the thread.

I have neither the time, nor the inclination to answer the same question over and over again from my private email account, but I'm more than willing to answer anything here on the forum where I can quote previous posts easily and allow other members to benefit from it.

Thanks

CaptainC

As you know I've also had similar PM's and e-mails, and whilst of course it's good to help I do totally agree that questions should so far as possible be posted no the forum so as to help others, and generic visa questions can also be directed in the relevant sections of PomsinOz so as not to clutter this thread unnecessarily with items not specific to it.