Ships Master / Ships Officer / Marine Pilot

CaptainR

Must be a new standard form letter, within the last year. It didn't have this requirement on some applicants letters but did on others.

Even i didn't have this on my initial letter from AMSA, date / 23rd October 2013.

I had completed my Medicals and all submitted my PCCs (UK/UAE/INDIA).

Sailed on Panamanian registered vessel for about 11 months and few day??

All done and awaiting.....

All the best

Even i didn't have this on my initial letter from AMSA, date / 23rd October 2013.

I had completed my Medicals and all submitted my PCCs (UK/UAE/INDIA).

Sailed on Panamanian registered vessel for about 11 months and few day??

All done and awaiting.....

At last I found myself 5 minutes to sort the Dropbox link. I have stored several oral's papers on this link, https://www.dropbox.com/sh/grpoeyxt4zz59ds/AADHbSoNuTBOUpNIIj-dRmQwa?dl=0 I hope to add more to it in the future.

If anybody has any orals papers to share then please PM me and I can include them in this Dropbox account to help others.

I am also intending to make a start to finish experience sheet (sort of a blog) for all people in this category who are intending on applying to AMSA for skills assessment, orals and migrating to help answer any FAQ's or any information that I have gained from experience. I'll start working on it fairly soon.

Great Effort!

If anybody has any orals papers to share then please PM me and I can include them in this Dropbox account to help others.

I am also intending to make a start to finish experience sheet (sort of a blog) for all people in this category who are intending on applying to AMSA for skills assessment, orals and migrating to help answer any FAQ's or any information that I have gained from experience. I'll start working on it fairly soon.

One of my friend had received a notification from DIBP today / 1st June "There will be delay in VISA processing as the VISA grant limit has reached for 2014-2015"

He had applied for his VISA 189 (Different Occupation) on 18th April 2015.

Is this for the subclass 189 or to the particular Occupation.

EOI has a ceiling limit, but for VISA grant?

Pls, if someone can throw some light on....

One of my friend had received a notification from DIBP today / 1st June "There will be delay in VISA processing as the VISA grant limit has reached for 2014-2015"

He had applied for his VISA 189 (Different Occupation) on 18th April 2015.

Is this for the subclass 189 or to the particular Occupation.

EOI has a ceiling limit, but for VISA grant?

Pls, if someone can throw some light on....

Each programme year (1st July to 30th June) has a certain quantity of visas allocated to it. All skilled visas (including 189) have reached the upper limit, so no more grants until after 1st July (new visa programme year).

It's nothing to do with EOI or invitations, they aren't related.

Each programme year (1st July to 30th June) has a certain quantity of visas allocated to it. All skilled visas (including 189) have reached the upper limit, so no more grants until after 1st July (new visa programme year).

Thanks Captain C,

So our VISA process will resume only by 1st July 2015.

The occupation ceiling only applies to invitations and not to number of visa grants. However, the annual target for the number of skilled visas to be issued in all skilled occupations has reached or nearly reached. So they cannot issue new skilled visas in this year which ends on 30th June. However, DIBP will continue to process the lodged applications and will issue visas from 1st July onward.

The occupation ceiling only applies to invitations and not to number of visa grants. However, the annual target for the number of skilled visas to be issued in all skilled occupations has reached or nearly reached. So they cannot issue new skilled visas in this year which ends on 30th June. However, DIBP will continue to process the lodged applications and will issue visas from 1st July onward.

It's confirmed that it has been reached now. No more visa issues this programme year.

Chief mate S, I'm confused, you quoted my post and then posted pretty much what I'd already said.

Apologies for causing confustion

I had not read your message and I intended to reply to Capt Deepak but inadvertantly, quoted your post instead of that of Capt Deepak.

It's confirmed that it has been reached now. No more visa issues this programme year.

Chief mate S, I'm confused, you quoted my post and then posted pretty much what I'd already said.

Right now your case must be waiting for assignment of CO, and DIBP will start processing your case even if you get CO assigned before 1st July. Processing has not stopped, and only visa issuance has been halted till 30th June.

Hello, I had lodged on 18 th May with all docs. including PCC,medical,form 80, form 1221 .Does that mean DIBP will look into our application only after 1 july and no further progress will happen ?

Right now your case must be waiting for assignment of CO, and DIBP will start processing your case even if you get CO assigned before 1st July. Processing has not stopped, and only visa issuance has been halted till 30th June.

Thank you Chief Mate S for your prompt reply .

Sierra,

I have just seen your entry on the visa spreadsheet. If you don't mind me asking, what was the reason for completing form 1221? Were you asked to fill it in?

Captain C ,

I did it as a precautionary measure, was not asked for.

Even I had filled in & submitted form 1221.

Just in case...

I don't really understand what it's for and why. I don't see it on any of the document checklists.

No worries, I found the answer, it's mainly a HR country thing. Not necessary for me to complete.

Well orals passed today, I'll put together an orals report for the Dropbox but to be honest it probably won't be very helpful. He pretty much just checked I'd heard of Aussie Legislation and then told me to stay in my job because there's no work! Not even any RoR questions!

Well orals passed today, I'll put together an orals report for the Dropbox but to be honest it probably won't be very helpful. He pretty much just checked I'd heard of Aussie Legislation and then told me to stay in my job because there's no work! Not even any RoR questions!

Excellent!!! Well done!!

Bit disappointing that you didn't have the opportunity to dazzle him with your new found knowledge!!!

I PM'd you with my email address, but I think you already have it.