A photo that sums up what Australia means to you...

lauracoldwell

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest The Ropey HOFF
[ATTACH=CONFIG]12915[/ATTACH]

I use to love sitting on Cottesloe beach watching the school children

with their swimming teacher, coaching them about under currents

and safety of swimming at the beach. Thought I hope to someday

bring my kids there when I have some!!!! 12 years on, in process of

emmigrating to Perth.

Hoping to realise this dream later this year!!!

(sorry cant get the pic bigger!!!)

Cazmayo

I loved it at Cottesloe, we swam, we chilled out on the grass and then had some gorgeous fish and chips, it was heaven and practically free.

I loved it at Cottesloe, we swam, we chilled out on the grass and then had some gorgeous fish and chips, it was heaven and practically free.

This sounds like the perfect day. I remember going into a chippy in Townsville and you could pick any fish you want with a choice of batter, I was AMAZED. People say Oz F&C's aren't great but I think thats well better than same old haddock and chips!! xx

Hi ScottishMatilda, to attach a photo - when you click on reply to thread, look at the menu at the top, there is an button

Attach file, click on it, then you click browse and go through your files and find the photo file, then attach.

It took me awhile to figure it out, was trying all kinds of dragging etc!!! LOL.

Hi the Ropeyhoff, thats my spot on the left hand side, sitting on the grassy area LOL!!!!

I worked until 4pm and then was down at Cottesloe at 4.20 each evening. Lived in Mosman Park

next suburb!! Its beautiful!! If I win the Lotto, im buying in Cottesloe!!!! until then!!!!!

That photo of Tassie is absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!!

kind regards

cazmayo

On my doorstep..............Redcliffe pier

IMG_1534-1300.jpg

153849-1-blue-series-the-roosts.jpg

half an hour away................LAKE SOMERSET

somerset%20__-.jpg

an hour away.............Noosa National park

IMG_0096_1540x1007.jpg

Home and Family

830157-1-my-back-yard.jpg

fest10011.jpg

wallaby.jpg

codnkids.jpg

Where we've holidayed..............Tasmania..............Wine Glass bay

wine.jpg

new0186.jpg?timestamp=1234149465345

new0191.jpg

tasmania..............cradle mountain and boulder lookout, Dove Lake

new0303.jpg?timestamp=1233801183242

Whitsundays

IMG_0089a.jpg?timestamp=1264477176587

On my doorstep..............Redcliffe pier

IMG_1534-1300.jpg

153849-1-blue-series-the-roosts.jpg

half an hour away................LAKE SOMERSET

somerset%20__-.jpg

an hour away.............Noosa National park

IMG_0096_1540x1007.jpg

Home and Family

830157-1-my-back-yard.jpg

fest10011.jpg

wallaby.jpg

codnkids.jpg

Where we've holidayed..............Tasmania..............Wine Glass bay

wine.jpg

new0186.jpg?timestamp=1234149465345

new0191.jpg

tasmania..............cradle mountain and boulder lookout, Dove Lake

new0303.jpg?timestamp=1233801183242

Whitsundays

IMG_0089a.jpg?timestamp=1264477176587

very nice Kev. I thought the OP only wanted one photo:tongue:

very nice Kev. I thought the OP only wanted one photo:tongue:

I'm a sheeple harp.................just following the flock................which includes the op

PS.............you can delete photos in replies to avoid unneccessary bandwidth usage :tongue:

I use to love sitting on Cottesloe beach watching the school children

with their swimming teacher, coaching them about under currents

and safety of swimming at the beach. Thought I hope to someday

bring my kids there when I have some!!!! 12 years on, in process of

emmigrating to Perth.

Hoping to realise this dream later this year!!!

(sorry cant get the pic bigger!!!)

Cazmayo

I went to Cottesloe for the first time yesterday and it was fab. I'd planned it for several weeks so I could go to Art on the Beach - free art exhibition, about 60 exhibits. One of the best things was seeing the many groups of school children (across the age range) being taken round the exhibition. Big smiles and excited voices, really enjoying their outing and fantastically well behaved and polite. Also, groups of children having their swimming lessons in the sea, just as you remembered. I couldn't leave without having a swim too, lovely warm sea. A world away from Blackpool in the rain ....

harlequina.jpg

harlequina.jpg

I'm a sheeple harp.................just following the flock................which includes the op

PS.............you can delete photos in replies to avoid unneccessary bandwidth usage :tongue:

Ha ha I want ALL the photos. I love looking at them, not in a creepy way though xx

We haven't been here very long at all but I'm already overrun with pics. Apologies if these all all come out in different sizes

I love that koala bear, do you ever see them just randomly in the trees when you walk past, i know that might be a daft question xx

I love that koala bear, do you ever see them just randomly in the trees when you walk past, i know that might be a daft question xx

Koalas aren't native to WA, this one was in a little koala reserve inside Yanchep National park where you can see them close up from a board walk. In areas where they are native I believe they are quite unusual to see in the wild, so you have to keep a careful lookout. Not like kangaroos which are much easier to see.

This sounds like the perfect day. I remember going into a chippy in Townsville and you could pick any fish you want with a choice of batter, I was AMAZED. People say Oz F&C's aren't great but I think thats well better than same old haddock and chips!! xx

Oz has the best fish and chips anywhere in the World. Our fav is in Bunbury, WA. John Dory, Snapper and Barra - Yum Yum!!!

Archived