Have you sold something with regret/loss - to get you the money to go to auz

jamesnparry

I offloaded heaps of stuff before I moved - some for money, some to charity and some for the rubbish bin. I regret much of it but I wouldn't be where I am, in the house that I am, with the family I have if I had clung to my things. But, for the record, my biggest pangs were my Mini Cooper S; heaps of books including some signed first editions; all my records including my first ever LP; a signed/dedicated Jungr and Parker CD; and a Moskvitch toy pedal car. But amongst the things I threw out that I regret most are all my airline boarding cards from the past few years - including some exotic and interesting ones which I won't ever get the chance to replace. It's funny that some things that I thought would matter turned out not to matter whilst other stuff really hurts.

But, two years on and I feel much more settled in Australia. It has been harder than I expected but it does get easier - and greatly helped by my wonderful wife and stepchildren. If you choose to emigrate, you have to embrace a new adventure but also accept that you are losing some things for ever. When I die, the stuff won't matter at all - it'll be the people and experiences that matter most.

I had a home based "business"....I did audio production work on the side and did well with it. Thing is, it was what I really loved to do. I built that up over a period of 10 years and had bought a substantial amount of auido gear. I sold it off a piece at a time....every piece hurt. Each one was like selling a little piece of me.

When I get back I'll start over...might just get a loan and buy all at once.

well we will be selling our pride and joy 350z (shipping it to oz first though) as it will go towards the house deposit oz end as the house in the uk will be rented for the foreseeable. Gutted as itll be a good while I reckon till we get a replacement etc. I guess there will be a whole host of other stuff sold prior whether Ill miss any of it Im not sure.lol

It's a risk you'll have to take. I miss terrible my road bike, had no choice but sell it since I needed the money to move to OZ.

Now that I am back (F^$£%^ B^*^%), I'm running around with a scooter a feel miserable...

But that's life, you'll have to make choices and risk. Otherwise stay home :)

Cheers

It's a risk you'll have to take. I miss terrible my road bike, had no choice but sell it since I needed the money to move to OZ.

Now that I am back (F^$£%^ B^*^%), I'm running around with a scooter a feel miserable...

But that's life, you'll have to make choices and risk. Otherwise stay home :)

Cheers

I didnt want to sell my GSXR bud but i doubt id have enjoyed it as much in oz anyway , i'll be getting a tourer / off road bike , BMW probably , just think " long way down" with ewan and charlie :-)

Cape york here i come :-)

lee

I didnt want to sell my GSXR bud but i doubt id have enjoyed it as much in oz anyway , i'll be getting a tourer / off road bike , BMW probably , just think " long way down" with ewan and charlie :-)

Cape york here i come :-)

lee

That sounds great Lee ;) I had a GSXR back in 2000 when I lived in Melbourne. The longest trip was 3 hours and I tell ye it used to kill my back. But!..it was fun racing up the mountains with my mates up in the Dandenog! I remember, hehe, one of my mates was a newby, he tried to keep up with us and ended up in the trees. Luckily he did not get hurt, but the bike was total loss.

Tourer/off road bike, BMW probably is a great option mate. I saw lots of them in the mountains in Brissy. Oh man, was so jealous of them! That's one of my regrets (well, I had no choice anyway), not being able to go for a nice tour when I was there last.

Anyway, hope all goes well for ye and I'm sure you're gonna enjoy it with he bike ;)

Cheers

cheers chap , My bike years ago was my only transport ( gsxr750 WT SRAD and boy could i ride that old fossill ) did about 20K a year including 2 runs to manchester a week from york ,

cat and fiddle road to macclesfield from Buxton, matlock bath and the A628 , all great roads plus the ones local to me . but theyre full of corners , knee scratching stuff , Gettin older ( read as wiser ) now so sooking forwards to the touring , distance and a but of off road where the car cant take you , plus when i get to oz i'll have all the time in the world like i did all those years ago ...

Its not biking mate , its a way of life , people dont understand .....

lee

Archived