Wanting to go to uni/tafe but can I?

Flumper

Hiya. I am expecting my 457 visa any day. I'm a nurse with my Australian nursing reg sorted and a job waiting for me....I was also very impatient as I am already in Australia. :-S

Anyhooo I really want to top up my nursing diploma to a bachelors but it seems to cost a fortune as I'm not Australian or a PR. :-( Gutted. Anyway around this? I love studying and hate the thought of waiting years until I get my citizenship (that's if I don't get chucked out for being impatient). I just think life is too short and I want to study and work my way up in the career I love.

Any help and advice would be great. Thanks for reading my waffle. x

<<<<goes to rob a bank and buy's a lotto ticket>>>>>

Was just wondering if any other nurses or similar who managed to get funds from their work or something....prob unlikely. I need to be a PR to pay the domestic fee...I will look into this or just learn to wait. I'm just keen on going to uni or college....thought it would help me settle and make friends as well as some more learning.

Nope, sadly it's going to be international fees or nothing. That said, your employer may well offer you professional development because you are likely to need it to maintain your registration status although some employers of allied health professionals dont structure ongoing learning but tell you to sort it out yourself

Archived